“kiran mishra”
Review of Hotel Filigree

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mussoorie
Hotel Filigree
Ranked #50 of 99 Mussoorie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The hotel is very nice specialy the nature of the staff is very pleasent and location is out standing
our family realy enjoy there because the location is near camel back road &gun hill which is very good for us we saw these places within in walking distance and the climate is good and 1 main thing is that on the roof of the hotel we can see himalaya easily and at last our family specialy thanks to their staff members and directors and i thanks to all staf members

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank maharudra m
There are newer reviews for Hotel Filigree

Reviewed 18 February 2013

My check-in time was at 10:30am and I checked out at 01:30pm (i.e. 3 hours)

Reasons:
Upon arrival, we were suggested to take only the delux room as it's better and more spacious.
The cupboard to keep cloths was stinking.
The blankets were not so clean.
The entire room is carpeted so you can imagine the kind of cleanliness you can get.
(Also, the issue we had is that my wife has little asthma problem)
The washroom door was broken from the hinges so it won't slide so easily.
Ofcourse, the washroom is smaller than our expectations.
Heater is INR 400/- per day (extra) (which will only be told to you if you ask for it).
We didn't try the food so no idea how was it.
Mr. Faisal Ali (I guess the owner/manager) is a very nice, polite and kind person.
We told him our concerns about the room and mentioned that we have looked for another place. He understood our issue, and said okay you can check out and charged INR 1,000/- for using the room.
I may try this place again in May 2013 (if I can make it to Mussoorie again) and give them another opportunity.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Raghav_Pandit_Delhi
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Let me describe the initial moments after making check in: At first they said there is no refrigerator in basic standard room, while I had booked the room by makemytrip.com under moneyback scheme and on makemytrip.com website they had claimed that even basic room have refrigerator. When I said that I will have to talk to makemytrip they said that standard room can't have refrigerator. Later I too realized that standard room was too small to have refrigerator, while it was already having sofa, table, chair etc. Quickly they upgraded our room to elite class without extra cost. Elite room was really spacious with amazing valley view and "had" refrigerator. So, we were happy now.

Tip to traveller: Book elite room unless u are travelling alone, even though it may be costly, because it is very spacious with view (yet,book valley facing elite room because road facing elite room don't have view) (standard room not have view).

We had booked 2 rooms for 7th june. One room i had booked 3 months before, rate was about 1200 then, other room i booked 1 month before and rate was 2800.....so book well in advance for peak season of june.

Lets talk about location. Mussoorie's attraction is Mall road (3 kms) and 2 ends of mall road is called picture palace end and library end. Filigree is located at picture palace end, so when coming from dehradun tell during taxi booking that u want to go to picture palace end (fare for 5 persons in ambessdor car is Rs.610, buses also go to both ends: fare is Rs.47 only). There is a parallel road to mall road called camel back road where hotels is located.

Now talk about room: All rooms are carpeted on floor. Elite room is clean, and valley facing rooms are really magnificent. Facility was blanket, Jaipuri Rajai, good mattress on king size bed, wardrobe, towels, refrigerator, chairs and with old world charm.....There was pin drop silence in night, its so calmly located yet only 4-5 minutes walk from market.

Now talk about food: They have a nice roof top arrangement for food. Having food there at night is recommended. Food was delicious and fresh with beautiful night view of hills.

staff are helpful.

Room Tip: valley facing elite rooms are just magnificent with old world charm
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank heavenindia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed three nights at hotel filigree. we rather booked at hotel broadway, but the staff did not remember our booking and so we had to look for another hotel.

hotel filigree offers rooms that are clean, large and you have a nice mountain view. The price was low: We just payed 1000 rupies per day, maybe because it was off-season.
of course we payed a bit more than in backpacker hotels, but backpacker hostels don't offer roomservice and such big rooms. filigree does.

the bathroom was clean, western toilet, the only disadvantage was the shower that was just waist-deep, but you can handle these indian-style showers with a bucket beside the shower. no problem.

my girlfriend was a bit ill so we tried the roomservice a few times: everything was satisfying. the food was tasty, no stomache problems, prices are fair. they offer breakfast, indian und asian meals.

a little disadvantage is badly soundproofed rooms, but it's not that hard. if you come to hotel filigree, ask for rooms at the valley-side, because the view is formidable.

the hotel lies at the camels back road, just a few steps away from the mall.

altogether advisable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank benny b
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I had a very bad experience at the hotel.It is actually not a hotel but a very limited service budget facility.I stayed for one night with my family.We took two rooms and I will never recommend this hotel

The towels in the room were so bad that I had to actually buy my own towels.There was no hot water in the room..imagine our plight.

The hotel is noisy and you will have people banging at your door in the middle of the night.I read reviews on this hotel and booked thinking it will be a good deal but was deeply disappointed.

I suggest that spend a bit more and stay elsewhere .Do not ruin your vacation by staying at Filigree.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank 248,179
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The rooms are quite clean and are with a view. It is about 4 min walk from the Mall. The staff is very co-operative. Food is not a high point though. The way to hotel is via the entrance to mall road which poses a problem since the vehicle entry to the mall is restricted specially in the evening but he hotel car picked us up promptly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sanarc916
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We booked through hostel bookers but when we turned up they did not know we were coming! They sorted out a lovely room for us but we have to pay full price again as they had no received our deposit.

Room was lovely but bathroom only had a wall mounted tap, no shower. In my opinion for £30 a night there should be a proper shower head for westerners. Also the walls and doors were thin, on our first night there was a rowdy group of young men getting drunk in their room and the hotel staff did not appear to have any idea how to stop them. They did however move us to a new room which was excellent of them, however then we were close to the kitchen which wasn't quiet either.

The beds were comfy, breakfast was good and all the staff were polite. I would go again although I am not sure it was great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple