“Good hotel at Decent Price”

Hotel Padmini Nivas
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Mussoorie
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel during July 2010.
Me and my friend stayed in this hotel for one night at it was very nice stay.
Rooms are clean.
The staff is good well mannered.
Service is also good.
I haven't ate much in the hotel just ordered Tea and some pakodas and both were good.
Its location is also good with good view and reachable to main market.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 November 2013

After immersing myself in the yogic wilderness of Rishikesh for 2 weeks, the quiet misty magical mystical hill-station Mussoorie was the perfect place to retreat to with my girlfriend. Nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas with so much to see and do, Mussoorie really is a fascinating place. And there is nowhere better to stay then at Hotel Padmini Nivas. The rooms, food, staff and location are from some romantic era where worrying was not to be present. This hotel is perfect in every way. There are also great specials during low season. Vikram the manager is a highly interesting chap and will give you tips on where to go and what to do.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

At the outset let me warn you, if you are looking for a luxury property with all the frills .This hotel is not your cup of tea. But if you want to stay with the most gorgeous view of the hills in town in a natural ambience ,you have reached the right place.

I have been staying here since last 15 yrs and i have yet to be disappointed while staying here. the food you get here is awesome to say the least. Service is homely so do not expect the artificial services of the hotels .

For my money this is the best property in town. Period

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Me n my soulmate enjoyed stay here. Best located , just 3 mins walk to mall road , Best scenenic view , semi deluxe rooms are attached with beautiful garden , landscaping is beautifully maintained ,room was comfortable ,good hospitality .we stayed in semi deluxe room . Prices are slightly high but that doesnt matter to get memorable experiences. I will visit here again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vandananubhav
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The says it all! Yes, another excellent hotel that we stayed in during our trip in Sep 2013. The hotel, the staff, the room, the amenities, the location, the vegetarian food, everything was excellent.

I self-drove my FIAT Linea to Mussoorie from Mcleodganj with my wife. We reached Hotel Padmini Nivas, Mussoorie at 8:15 pm. But, my Linea had tough time in negotiating a steep, narrow and gravelly curve as it lost its momentum at a hair-pin bend. It would not climb uphill from zero speed, resulting in spinning of front tyres without traction. I smelt burnt rubber. The other side of road faced a deep valley, but there was no parapet or crash-barrier. My wife got down and I started doing forward and backward manoeuvres. At that time, a hotel staffer was walking down the road. He informed me that the road would not lead to the hotel and I had to park Linea at the dedicated lower-level car parking just near the hair-pin bend. According to him, there was another access road from the Mall Road, but vehicular traffic was not allowed from 4 pm to 10 pm. So, I parked Linea by reversing to the car parking as guided by the hotel staffer and walked up to the hotel. Myself and my wife had a few scary minutes before becoming normal!

Jai, one of the owners of the hotel, was kind enough to offer me glasses of water and asked me to take rest for a few minutes. He sent his staff down to the car to carry our luggage. Finally, we were in our room. We unpacked, washed, rested, ate one of the good meals and retired for the day.

My suggestion to the owners of the hotel: kindly put a board at the entrance to the lower-level parking lot about the restricted timings of Mall Road, and hence, the necessity of parking there. This will help the guests, who visit the hotel in their self-driven vehicles for the first time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had a marvellous stay in Mussoorie at Hotel Padmini Nivas. Wonderful interiors, very good service and some excellent dining too, must recommend the hotel's authentic vegetarian cuisine. Very reasonably priced too for a beautifully located property. Just off the mall road, 5-10 mins walk to anything you want. Our room was at Rose garden side which gives a breath taking view of Doon Valley. Rooms are spacious and well ventilated. Clean wash-rooms with all modern amenities. Authentic old furnitures were really remarkable. Staff were really helpful, tough this is a vegetarian property, the staff members suggested really nice place near by for best non-vegetarian food in town. No show off, Padmini Nivas gives you great hospitality experience. A perfect place for family get away. Make sure you book well in advance as the rooms are always sold out. Worth a try, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go far valley view rooms, you will love the view.