This is a gorgeous spot in the foothills of the Himalayas. It is a terrifying drive up very steep mountains to get there (two lane road that is used as if it is three, with walking paths on either side and lots of curves). Rooms are lovely and have great views of the Ganges. The palace itself is gorgeous and has lots of nice common rooms, but no one uses them because it is actually quite a ways away from the hotel rooms, spa and dining room. They have golf carts to take you around or you can walk on lovely paths. The spa is ok, my massage was mediocre (very soft). They lost my spa reservation and I had to insist that they take me. It was a bit of an issue, but eventually they relented. The pool is lovely, but you better grab your chair early. The pool fills up fast. The dining room is very nice and the food is great, with lots of variety, although the service is quite slow for so many waiters. The management is terrific. We had hired a private guide and driver and they wouldn't let them in because they didn't know them. They are very protective of their guests..and exclusive. It took a while to get things sorted out and ultimately made us miss the free golf lesson we wanted to take. The manager quickly offered us a free private lesson for the next day. Hem (the golf instructor) is terrific and I learned a lot. Yoga in the morning is magical. Warning - do not just stay at Ananda the whole time. You might as well go to Canyon Ranch. Definitely go into Rishikesh and better yet, hire a guide to take you to Haridwar to see the evening ceremony on the Ganges.... not to be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ananda in the Himalayas is an award winning luxury destination spa located in the foothills of the Himalayas, the birthplace of India's ancient arts of yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. Dedicated to restoring balance and harmonizing energy through a holistic approach, Ananda incorporates the healing principles of the East and the West with a specific focus on Ayurveda and Yoga, along with contemporary International spa experiences. Set amongst 100 acres of virgin forest and opened in September 2000, Ananda in the Himalayas is built around a Maharaja's palace estate and located 260 kilometres north of New Delhi. The resort features a restored Viceroy's Palace, world-class Spa, 70 deluxe rooms, 5 suites and 3 villas. Two of these villas are 2 bedroom villas and one is a single bedroom villa, with breathtaking views of the Ganges River and the mountainside. With the highest standards of service, luxurious accommodations, innovative dining and breathtaking mountain views, Ananda is an internationally recognised oasis offering an enriching experience designed to restore, renew and revitalise. Ananda signature wellness programs include Detox, Ayurvedic Rejuvenation, Weight Management, Stress Management, Yogic Detox, Ananda Yoga, Ananda Renew and Ananda Active. Getaway Spa packages starting at 2 or 3 nights are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ananda in the Himalayas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ananda In The Himalayas Hotel Rishikesh
- Ananda In The Himalayas Rishikesh