This place is absolutely fabulous if u r looking to take a break from city's hectic and chaotic lifestyle. Nestled in the Himalayas, this palace turned hotel offers u a divine experience in wellness.
It is an hour's drive from Dehradun airport.once u reach there u r very well greeted and check in is smooth.You are given activity sheets for the daily activity schedule conducted free at the hotel.The spa is the best feature of this resort.But It is advisable to get in touch with the spa team and book ur treatments 2 weeks prior to ur arrival in order to avoid disappointment due to non availability of time slots.The spa team helps u choose the right treatment and makes you feel rejuvenated.There are various packages available also like detox or weight loss programs.The best season to visit is sept to nov or march to april. pl do try all the activities conducted by the resort to gain maximum advantage of your stay.The staff is very friendly and hospitable and make u feel right at home.It is also advisable that u choose a premium valley room on the higher floors to get a gud view of the ganges and the holy town of rishikesh. You can also visit the ganga aarti which is done everyday at rishikesh for which the resort makes arrangement on request.
All in All it is an amazing experience worth trying at least once...and i assure u .. that u will not regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ananda in the Himalayas is an award winning luxury destination spa located in the foothills of the Himalayas, the birthplace of India's ancient arts of yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. Dedicated to restoring balance and harmonizing energy through a holistic approach, Ananda incorporates the healing principles of the East and the West with a specific focus on Ayurveda and Yoga, along with contemporary International spa experiences. Set amongst 100 acres of virgin forest and opened in September 2000, Ananda in the Himalayas is built around a Maharaja's palace estate and located 260 kilometres north of New Delhi. The resort features a restored Viceroy's Palace, world-class Spa, 70 deluxe rooms, 5 suites and 3 villas. Two of these villas are 2 bedroom villas and one is a single bedroom villa, with breathtaking views of the Ganges River and the mountainside. With the highest standards of service, luxurious accommodations, innovative dining and breathtaking mountain views, Ananda is an internationally recognised oasis offering an enriching experience designed to restore, renew and revitalise. Ananda signature wellness programs include Detox, Ayurvedic Rejuvenation, Weight Management, Stress Management, Yogic Detox, Ananda Yoga, Ananda Renew and Ananda Active. Getaway Spa packages starting at 2 or 3 nights are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ananda in the Himalayas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ananda In The Himalayas Hotel Rishikesh
- Ananda In The Himalayas Rishikesh