“Good”
Review of Hotel Grand Santhi

Hotel Grand Santhi
Ranked #107 of 143 Hotels in Denpasar
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at The Grand Santhi for 6 days. I read some review about it, bad ones, but the hotel isn't always like that. It was amazing when I stayed. Well, I know it will be different between high-standard-ed visitors and me and my friends' review since we stayed just for a sport competition and we didn't expect to stay at a world-known hotel. Anyway, the breakfast menus are great, cool pool, clean room. And the location is pretty much strategic.

Room Tip: rooms in front of the pool are the greatest, but beware of noises came from the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ayu_Ratna

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Good location, I'm in the city for office business thus acomodation in the center of the city really helps , with 10 mins walk away from Krisna and Erlangga, both Bali's big gift shop, where I can do some shopping for gift to take home
Wi-fi is good, I'm writing this review using the wi-fi connection in my room while downloading hundreds Mb file on the background :))
Good service, I got my room service order and housekeeping request in less than 10 mins,the reception even help me to get me a plain envelope when every envelopes they have are printed
the swimming pool is enormous!! pity I got no chance to swim during my stay..
A little improvement with the breakfast menu variety will do a big different

Room Tip: tell the receptionist to get you a poll view room, or street view also will do
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mummul
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stay at The Grand Santhi every time I come to Bali for a couple of days just for the convinence of shopping. Tiara Dewata, Robinsons, Matahari ans Ramayana are within walking distance from the hotel. You can walk into Pasar Bundung as well great market near the material street and the gold street. The hotel has a great pool a lift and a good Indonesian breakfast as well you can order eggs any way cooked on order. The staff have always been lovely the rooms clean and a location is great for shopping. I am usually the only white person at the hotel its never been a problem. I reccomend this Hotel for the convenience of serious Mall shopping l then move onto another destination.

Room Tip: There are 2 buildings ask for a room in the Maine building
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank April120449
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Good service by staff. Rooms a little run down though clean and neat. There was a strong smell of rotting food waste in the foyer near the lifts. Hotel served a purpose which was to get a nights sleep waiting for connecting flights at Denpasar.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank ttk64
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I'm going with the whole family, three of us are elderly and pretty much the first thought when booking hotels are: quiet enough so we can rest. We have it here. So in three nights of our stay in Bali were peaceful enough, to recharge our energy for three days fully scheduled trip around Bali. The staff were helpful enough, especially the kitchen staff however I wouldn't stay here if I go with my friends. The location is quite far from interesting places unless of course you have a driver and a car to pick up and deliver you back every morning and evening.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mia_Fiona
Reviewed 25 December 2011

The first time we had been to Bali we stayed at Conrad and that gave us a very expensive touristic feel of Bali. That is why for our second trip to Bali we decided to get a hotel where we would be able to meet Indonesians and get a true feeling of the Balinese culture. We indeed got that. We met many local people. And I guess this is where my review of the hotel should start. This is a hotel where mainly Indonesians go to stay and you hardly see any foreigners. The room is average and our toilet was a little bit under the mark but it was clean and okay to use. It served our purpose to get a good night’s sleep and a clean shower. The highlight of this hotel was that both my mom and I are vegetarians and the waiter offered to have vegetarian food specially prepared for us every morning with no additional charges. To be honest if you are used to a back packers life style and can stay anywhere as long as there is a bed, shower and food then this is an okay place to stay however, if you are someone who wants a classy stay then this is definitely not the hotel for you.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank KarismaAlwani86
Reviewed 2 March 2010

OK breakfast, disgusting bathroom, lot of mosquitoes in the room. You should stay at Sanur, nicer setting

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business