“Pretty decent hotel”

Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #70 of 147 Hotels in Denpasar
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Got a room with two bedrooms on the first floor. Stayed for 3 says and had no problems at all. I would recommend this place. However the hotel is quite far from the tourist hot spot such as Seninya. I paid 80k Rupiah dor the ride.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I am personally impresed with the hospitality of Ms Dewi. I called 1 day before to know if possible to have an early check in as my flight landed erlier. " Dewi " assisted me and said that she will do her best. At the time check in, she recognized me and assisted me quickly with the room. The room that I received was an upgrade one. Its very nice and I am personally thanked for that. The room is clean and tidy however there were some stain in the floor that has to be removed (#315).

The breakfast was little bit stressful, not about the food but more about the other guest yelling many times. I will be nice if they can offer a breakfast in the room. Anyway I enjoyed my stay...

I would love to return back soon.

Room Tip: May be drop a call before you in will be more easier as they are busy hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Very warm smilie & Friendly staff, stayed more than a week with my family. The duty managers are really caring & lovely. Group of staffs surprised me on my birthday with a Cake. Variety of Breakfast buffet. Keep it up, we will come back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Cassius I
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Positives
Helpful polite staff.
Free slow wifi in lobby and restaurant.
Two bedrooms has two baths which is nice.

Negatives
Wrong room type was assigned
Gym chargeable at 40,000rp /person per day ~ $4/day/person.
Slow Internet in room and in lobby.
No wifi in rooms, only wired.
Small screen TVs in rooms.

This is the impression after only couple of hours here. We were greated nicely by the staff. The room assigned to us was not what we booked. Two twin bed vs the booked king bed. Duty manager called but did not offer any resolution to major complaints about room or gym. Not sure what was the purpose of his call if he is not able to do anything.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank MystS
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I can't comment much on relative hotels in the Denpasar area, but this one is nicer on the outside than the inside. The common areas, including the infinity pools, courtyards, and main restaurant are very nice. One strange bit, is that they air-condition the lobby even though it is open air. I suppose they charge enough to cover the waste, but it's not a very eco-friendly practice.

Our room was a two bedroom suite, with two twin beds in each bedroom. The main room was spartan, although it does come with a mini-fridge, desk, couch, and TV. Bathrooms were ok, although there is no seal on the glass-enclosed shower so you are likely to get some shower spray all over the bathroom. Bedrooms are just big enough for the two beds. There is also a TV in each one. Overall, the suite wasn't bad it just wasn't that nice for almost 200 USD a night.

A big beef for us was the lack of air-conditioning in the hallways. It was very stuffy. I don't understand the logic of running the A/C in the open-air lobby but not running it (at least on some minimal level) in the hallways.

The staff were incredibly nice and helpful. Overall, I wouldn't complain if I had to stay here again but I wouldn't choose it of my own volition.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Il_Duce73
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Aston Denpasar was a good central business at Denpasar area, with location near from Ubung station, Sanur and Kuta area.
Meeting event was crowed and and facility support for business, Ballroom was big size.
Also Aston denpasar have HALAL certificate from MUI, so about food do not worried.
But for leisure not recommend.

Room Tip: Wifi need provide in guest room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam A
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I missed my flight home, and a friend recommended me to stay at Aston Denpasar to stay for a night to wait for flight the next day. It was nearly midnight when I got there, and the warm and friendly demeanor of the staff there made me forgot about my bad mood. All the staff was so helpful and welcoming. The room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable.

They also have amazing food at the Jempiring restaurant, and again, the friendly staff you encounter there would definitely be the highlight of your stay. Considering how fussy I am when it comes to hotels, I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here, just like I did!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo