“Nice hotel, excellent service but,...”

Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #58 of 138 Hotels in Denpasar
Soroako, Indonesia
“Nice hotel, excellent service but,...”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 23to 27 June 2013 with my family, everything is perfect in this hotel. nice hotel, large room, design and facilities, excellent services but one thing that I wasn't really enjoy that they always remind me to pay additional charge for both my 9 and 5 years old children every morning when breakfast time. I didn't know, this is their procedure or not, but this is not good approach for customer. just ask me one time, that's enough. with this procedure, i'm not recommended this hotel for family with young children. Another thing, this is hotel quite far from tourism destination, so you should more pay for transportation.

Room Tip: Choose 1bedroom type should you are traveliing with family.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Mr. Moez, on behalf of ASTON Denpasar Hotel & Convention center's management I would like say thank you for choosing us as your accommodation in Bali. We are glad that you like our room and enjoying your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience caused during breakfast time. Our children breakfast policy is to charge 50% for children from 5 - 10 years old. We apologize if there are some gestures regarding this policy that made you uncomfortable.
We look forward to welcome you back to Aston Denpasar, please contact us shall you need an accommodation in our hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel is a mid class hotel which is quite far from major tourist attractions. Stayed here twice already for business as this hotel is in Denpasar, Bali's capital city and main business/goverment area.

They have apartment style room (no kitchen, though). Each room that I stayed in (I tried both the one and two bedroom units) had a living room and another door for the bedroom. One common impression that I and my friends had when entering the room was that the room was not bright enough. The should be replacing the lamps with brighter ones.

The bathroom was basic, a shower stall with no bathtub. The breakfast spread was just ok but nothing much to tell about.

On both my stays, I noticed that there were big tourist groups during breakfast. So, although not close to tourist sites, this hotel is quite frequently used as a base for tourists.

Overall I had two good stays with nothing too big to fuss about (but nothing much o praise about either). I will surely come back here if I have another visit to my client in Denpasar area.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Mr. Donny, on behalf of ASTON Denpasar Hotel & Convention Center management, I would like to say thank you for choosing Aston Denpasar. We will do our best to make each visit of yours a memorable one. Your input is very valuable for us to improve our facility and services. Looking forward to welcome you on your next visit.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My company booked a few hotel rooms for visitors from overseas and other cities, one of the seminar/ conference rooms and the restaurant to entertain our guests.

The rooms were spacious: I guess because they're apartment-style. Each had a large living room and a bedroom (with a separate door). The bathroom was a bit smaller than we expected. We only had a shower; there's no bath tub.
Cannot really comment on the bed because we checked-in very, very late (almost midnight) and we needed to wake up very early to prepare our function on the following day.
Breakfast was inclusive in our room rate. They offered a variety of food --Asian, western as well as traditional food (eg. serabi/ local pancakes with brown sugar sauce straight from the clay pan).

The seminar/ conference room was ok - nothing much to comment about apart from its expensive refreshments (we ran out of refreshments and we needed to order more, each small plate of snacks costs us IDR100k or around $10 (!!!).

We also booked some part of the restaurant for our luncheon. The menu was ok; restaurant staff were friendly and helpful; however some menus had too much fushion touch. Our gado-gado, for example, was neatly rolled inside a thin cabbage. It looked nice (just like Vietnamese paper-rolls), but we couldn't really taste the real gado-gado or mixed vegetables with peanut sauce. Perhaps they should accompany each menu name with a picture so the customers won't get an unexpected surprise.

This establishment was a bit far from tourist areas but since the purpose of our stay was not for holiday, it didn't really matter for us.
There's one convenient store (Circle K) right across the hotel; you can find some snacks, chocolates, ice-creams. Please watch carefully for the two-way traffic if you want to cross the road. You can ask the hotel's security guard to help stop the traffic so you can cross the road safely :)

All in all it's an ok experience.

Room Tip: Our rooms were located on street level. Personally, I didn't safe because anyone from the street...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DarumaDaruma
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed here for a conference so had no real say in choice of accommodation. There really isn't anything much nearby to the hotel & with the traffic always crazy it is about an hour from the beach.

The room was old but the bed was comfortable.

Food at the restaurant was decent but they don't sell alcohol at all anywhere in the hotel if that matters to you & I don't think I have ever waited longer for a coffee than virtually every time I ordered one here!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank deejayess
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your last conference. Aston Denpasar Hotel & Convention Center is a hotel with Halal Certificate which doesn't allow us to sell non Halal product including alcoholic drinks. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that happened during your visit to our coffee shop. This review will be delivered to the related department to make better improvement of our service.

We certainly hope that you will come again in the future, your review will help us continue to improve our service and facility.

Once again, thank you for your review.
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Got a room with two bedrooms on the first floor. Stayed for 3 says and had no problems at all. I would recommend this place. However the hotel is quite far from the tourist hot spot such as Seninya. I paid 80k Rupiah dor the ride.

• Stayed March 2013
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I am personally impresed with the hospitality of Ms Dewi. I called 1 day before to know if possible to have an early check in as my flight landed erlier. " Dewi " assisted me and said that she will do her best. At the time check in, she recognized me and assisted me quickly with the room. The room that I received was an upgrade one. Its very nice and I am personally thanked for that. The room is clean and tidy however there were some stain in the floor that has to be removed (#315).

The breakfast was little bit stressful, not about the food but more about the other guest yelling many times. I will be nice if they can offer a breakfast in the room. Anyway I enjoyed my stay...

I would love to return back soon.

Room Tip: May be drop a call before you in will be more easier as they are busy hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Very warm smilie & Friendly staff, stayed more than a week with my family. The duty managers are really caring & lovely. Group of staffs surprised me on my birthday with a Cake. Variety of Breakfast buffet. Keep it up, we will come back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family