“Spacious room”

Ranked #61 of 141 Hotels in Denpasar
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“Spacious room”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

One thing that struck me is the convenient size of the guest room for the price of standard/deluxe room. It's like a one bed room apartment with no kitchen. The living room is spacious, plenty of room to put things, sofa in the living room is comfortable. The bed was comfortable and could be better if the pillow is softer, lighting in the room is too dim - brighter lighting will be better. One plus point is there are two prayer rooms for Moslem in convenient floors - one in guest room floor another in ballroom floor, something I found it rare in many other hotels. The Hotel Management decision to have appropriate prayer rooms is highly commendable.
Will I come back to this hotel? I will, if the meeting is held in the hotel or nearby areas.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rimba56
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Rimba56

On behalf of the management of Aston Denpasar Hotel & Convention Center, I would like to thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our spacious room. Your comment regarding the pillow and the lighting will go directly to our management, and will become a consideration for our next step renovation. In the future, if you would like to come back again, please let us know.

Once again, thank you for your review, We will look forward to meet you again.

Reza Dranie
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This will need a LOT of improvement.

Start from the reception, I don't get any good impression at all. I'm aware that there is some queue and I arrived earlier, but that doesn't mean the reception girl greet me rudely.
With no intention to make any trouble, I don't give too much complain. I have a conference to catch on one of their meeting room.
After drop of my luggage at the concierge and remind the reception girl to put my luggage right away to my room, since I'm gonna be at the conference room the whole day. I went to the conference room. And also remind the reception girl to clean up the smoke smell in the room, since they can't provide me a non-smoking room.

After a long conferencing day, I went back to my room, and can't find my luggage. Never mind, just call the concierge and ask them to send it to my room. But guess what, the smoke smell still there and very strong. And also the mosquito is unbelievable.

Another thing is, the lunch on conference, really taste-less. The only taste that I can get is worst.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank UpeJakarta
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Mr. Upe
First of all, I would like to say Thank You for your review. On behalf of Aston Denpasar Hotel & Convention Center, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience happened during your stay with us. I understand that a lot of things happened had made you unhappy. We have already have investigation on progress about what happened to you. Also we would like to apologize if the food during the conference wasn't able to fulfil your taste and expectation. We would love to have you back in Aston Denpasar Hotel & Convention Center to see how your review will make a good change in our services and facility. Do contact me shall you have any inquiry to stay in Aston Denpasar. Once again I apologize for what happened and Thank you for your review.

Reza Dranie
Director of Sales & Marketing

Travellers are raving about these Denpasar hotels

Soroako, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 23to 27 June 2013 with my family, everything is perfect in this hotel. nice hotel, large room, design and facilities, excellent services but one thing that I wasn't really enjoy that they always remind me to pay additional charge for both my 9 and 5 years old children every morning when breakfast time. I didn't know, this is their procedure or not, but this is not good approach for customer. just ask me one time, that's enough. with this procedure, i'm not recommended this hotel for family with young children. Another thing, this is hotel quite far from tourism destination, so you should more pay for transportation.

Room Tip: Choose 1bedroom type should you are traveliing with family.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Mr. Moez, on behalf of ASTON Denpasar Hotel & Convention center's management I would like say thank you for choosing us as your accommodation in Bali. We are glad that you like our room and enjoying your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience caused during breakfast time. Our children breakfast policy is to charge 50% for children from 5 - 10 years old. We apologize if there are some gestures regarding this policy that made you uncomfortable.
We look forward to welcome you back to Aston Denpasar, please contact us shall you need an accommodation in our hotel in the future.
Jakarta
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel is a mid class hotel which is quite far from major tourist attractions. Stayed here twice already for business as this hotel is in Denpasar, Bali's capital city and main business/goverment area.

They have apartment style room (no kitchen, though). Each room that I stayed in (I tried both the one and two bedroom units) had a living room and another door for the bedroom. One common impression that I and my friends had when entering the room was that the room was not bright enough. The should be replacing the lamps with brighter ones.

The bathroom was basic, a shower stall with no bathtub. The breakfast spread was just ok but nothing much to tell about.

On both my stays, I noticed that there were big tourist groups during breakfast. So, although not close to tourist sites, this hotel is quite frequently used as a base for tourists.

Overall I had two good stays with nothing too big to fuss about (but nothing much o praise about either). I will surely come back here if I have another visit to my client in Denpasar area.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Mr. Donny, on behalf of ASTON Denpasar Hotel & Convention Center management, I would like to say thank you for choosing Aston Denpasar. We will do our best to make each visit of yours a memorable one. Your input is very valuable for us to improve our facility and services. Looking forward to welcome you on your next visit.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My company booked a few hotel rooms for visitors from overseas and other cities, one of the seminar/ conference rooms and the restaurant to entertain our guests.

The rooms were spacious: I guess because they're apartment-style. Each had a large living room and a bedroom (with a separate door). The bathroom was a bit smaller than we expected. We only had a shower; there's no bath tub.
Cannot really comment on the bed because we checked-in very, very late (almost midnight) and we needed to wake up very early to prepare our function on the following day.
Breakfast was inclusive in our room rate. They offered a variety of food --Asian, western as well as traditional food (eg. serabi/ local pancakes with brown sugar sauce straight from the clay pan).

The seminar/ conference room was ok - nothing much to comment about apart from its expensive refreshments (we ran out of refreshments and we needed to order more, each small plate of snacks costs us IDR100k or around $10 (!!!).

We also booked some part of the restaurant for our luncheon. The menu was ok; restaurant staff were friendly and helpful; however some menus had too much fushion touch. Our gado-gado, for example, was neatly rolled inside a thin cabbage. It looked nice (just like Vietnamese paper-rolls), but we couldn't really taste the real gado-gado or mixed vegetables with peanut sauce. Perhaps they should accompany each menu name with a picture so the customers won't get an unexpected surprise.

This establishment was a bit far from tourist areas but since the purpose of our stay was not for holiday, it didn't really matter for us.
There's one convenient store (Circle K) right across the hotel; you can find some snacks, chocolates, ice-creams. Please watch carefully for the two-way traffic if you want to cross the road. You can ask the hotel's security guard to help stop the traffic so you can cross the road safely :)

All in all it's an ok experience.

Room Tip: Our rooms were located on street level. Personally, I didn't safe because anyone from the street...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DarumaDaruma
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed here for a conference so had no real say in choice of accommodation. There really isn't anything much nearby to the hotel & with the traffic always crazy it is about an hour from the beach.

The room was old but the bed was comfortable.

Food at the restaurant was decent but they don't sell alcohol at all anywhere in the hotel if that matters to you & I don't think I have ever waited longer for a coffee than virtually every time I ordered one here!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank deejayess
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your last conference. Aston Denpasar Hotel & Convention Center is a hotel with Halal Certificate which doesn't allow us to sell non Halal product including alcoholic drinks. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that happened during your visit to our coffee shop. This review will be delivered to the related department to make better improvement of our service.

We certainly hope that you will come again in the future, your review will help us continue to improve our service and facility.

Once again, thank you for your review.
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Got a room with two bedrooms on the first floor. Stayed for 3 says and had no problems at all. I would recommend this place. However the hotel is quite far from the tourist hot spot such as Seninya. I paid 80k Rupiah dor the ride.

• Stayed March 2013