“Average Hotel”

Ranked #63 of 141 Hotels in Denpasar
New York City, New York
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We came in for a two nights stay during a golf trip with buddies.

Apparently the hotel was converted from apartment building.

So, we had a two bedroom that is nice.

However, the air conditioning is not as cold as my liking and the water pressure was just not there.

Location is not by the beach and cater mainly conference people ( I think. Because the time I stayed, I saw a lot of conferences and meetings in different locations throughout the hotel)

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I was here for 4 nights. I got a room on the 3rd floor. The size was okay. The bed was also comfy. The tv worked well. But I got some problem with the tissue roller, it kept falling off causing loud noise. In other bathroom, the mirror needs a change.it looks murky.

I woke up one day to see the curtain beside me had holes in it. You could see the sun shines through the hole. It was not exactly a hole but some part of the curtain lifted off. This was not a serious issue but I didnt expect this would happen in Aston.

Breakfast was okay. I enjoyed their roasted sausages and pasta each day.

Overall okay. But not recommending this unless you stay here for some business

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Ivana S
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I think this is my 6 or 7th time at this Hotel, however there was no recognition program at all from the hotel, its little bit pity. I checked in at 14.05 but my reservation was not exist in their system. I was little bit worried due to my time schedule. I showed the the confirmation that I hold and the reception made me wait for almost 30 minutes. I sat at the sofa in front of Reception, then a bellboy approached me asked me to go to the counter, the reception gave me the key and the boy took me to the room. To upgrade your staff hospitality knowledge, please review on my suggestion as below: When I am about 30 minutes waiting for the room they should offer me at least a "welcome drink", when the room ready the reception should approached me directly, apologize for the inconvenience or thanked the customer for waiting instead of the call the guest to come to reception as you are not in a Bank.

Any way the rest of the stay was just great. I did not able to come for checking out but I called the hotel to check if I have an extra bill during my stay. By the way I love the cakes at the Bar.... and I will return back soon.

1 Thank putra s
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 July 2013

One thing that struck me is the convenient size of the guest room for the price of standard/deluxe room. It's like a one bed room apartment with no kitchen. The living room is spacious, plenty of room to put things, sofa in the living room is comfortable. The bed was comfortable and could be better if the pillow is softer, lighting in the room is too dim - brighter lighting will be better. One plus point is there are two prayer rooms for Moslem in convenient floors - one in guest room floor another in ballroom floor, something I found it rare in many other hotels. The Hotel Management decision to have appropriate prayer rooms is highly commendable.
Will I come back to this hotel? I will, if the meeting is held in the hotel or nearby areas.

1 Thank Rimba56
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Rimba56

On behalf of the management of Aston Denpasar Hotel & Convention Center, I would like to thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our spacious room. Your comment regarding the pillow and the lighting will go directly to our management, and will become a consideration for our next step renovation. In the future, if you would like to come back again, please let us know.

Once again, thank you for your review, We will look forward to meet you again.

Reza Dranie
Director of Sales & Marketing
Jakarta
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This will need a LOT of improvement.

Start from the reception, I don't get any good impression at all. I'm aware that there is some queue and I arrived earlier, but that doesn't mean the reception girl greet me rudely.
With no intention to make any trouble, I don't give too much complain. I have a conference to catch on one of their meeting room.
After drop of my luggage at the concierge and remind the reception girl to put my luggage right away to my room, since I'm gonna be at the conference room the whole day. I went to the conference room. And also remind the reception girl to clean up the smoke smell in the room, since they can't provide me a non-smoking room.

After a long conferencing day, I went back to my room, and can't find my luggage. Never mind, just call the concierge and ask them to send it to my room. But guess what, the smoke smell still there and very strong. And also the mosquito is unbelievable.

Another thing is, the lunch on conference, really taste-less. The only taste that I can get is worst.

4 Thank UpeJakarta
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Mr. Upe
First of all, I would like to say Thank You for your review. On behalf of Aston Denpasar Hotel & Convention Center, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience happened during your stay with us. I understand that a lot of things happened had made you unhappy. We have already have investigation on progress about what happened to you. Also we would like to apologize if the food during the conference wasn't able to fulfil your taste and expectation. We would love to have you back in Aston Denpasar Hotel & Convention Center to see how your review will make a good change in our services and facility. Do contact me shall you have any inquiry to stay in Aston Denpasar. Once again I apologize for what happened and Thank you for your review.

Reza Dranie
Director of Sales & Marketing

Travellers are raving about these Denpasar hotels

Soroako, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 23to 27 June 2013 with my family, everything is perfect in this hotel. nice hotel, large room, design and facilities, excellent services but one thing that I wasn't really enjoy that they always remind me to pay additional charge for both my 9 and 5 years old children every morning when breakfast time. I didn't know, this is their procedure or not, but this is not good approach for customer. just ask me one time, that's enough. with this procedure, i'm not recommended this hotel for family with young children. Another thing, this is hotel quite far from tourism destination, so you should more pay for transportation.

Room Tip: Choose 1bedroom type should you are traveliing with family.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Mr. Moez, on behalf of ASTON Denpasar Hotel & Convention center's management I would like say thank you for choosing us as your accommodation in Bali. We are glad that you like our room and enjoying your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience caused during breakfast time. Our children breakfast policy is to charge 50% for children from 5 - 10 years old. We apologize if there are some gestures regarding this policy that made you uncomfortable.
We look forward to welcome you back to Aston Denpasar, please contact us shall you need an accommodation in our hotel in the future.
Jakarta
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel is a mid class hotel which is quite far from major tourist attractions. Stayed here twice already for business as this hotel is in Denpasar, Bali's capital city and main business/goverment area.

They have apartment style room (no kitchen, though). Each room that I stayed in (I tried both the one and two bedroom units) had a living room and another door for the bedroom. One common impression that I and my friends had when entering the room was that the room was not bright enough. The should be replacing the lamps with brighter ones.

The bathroom was basic, a shower stall with no bathtub. The breakfast spread was just ok but nothing much to tell about.

On both my stays, I noticed that there were big tourist groups during breakfast. So, although not close to tourist sites, this hotel is quite frequently used as a base for tourists.

Overall I had two good stays with nothing too big to fuss about (but nothing much o praise about either). I will surely come back here if I have another visit to my client in Denpasar area.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
TheAstonDenpasar, Director of Sales at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Mr. Donny, on behalf of ASTON Denpasar Hotel & Convention Center management, I would like to say thank you for choosing Aston Denpasar. We will do our best to make each visit of yours a memorable one. Your input is very valuable for us to improve our facility and services. Looking forward to welcome you on your next visit.