“a "so so" room. . pretty nice breakfast”

Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #56 of 138 Hotels in Denpasar
Jakarta, Indonesia
“a "so so" room. . pretty nice breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

stayed here for 1 night for a business trip.
the room is ok, clean but the tv is very small 20 inch.
food there is ok+ if I can rate it. it will be 3.5
location is good if u have business in jcc however denpasar... sigh.. is just the same as other city. boring.. hard to find food nearby.. it does have small warungs nearby but dunno how it taste :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I've stayed at Aston Denpasar for about 4-5 times, and always for several days to a week. I somehow always get a free upgrade to the one bedroom which is lovely, and it has a bigger toilet than the normal room.

The staff are lovely and great, customer service is great. I was surprised that they remembered me each time I returned.

Breakfast is just ok, not that fancy and nothing special. Room service is great though, much better than the breakfast. Different chefs perhaps? Also reasonable prices.

No complaints about this hotel other than the only thing I don't like is the pillows- they're too high and firm (for my liking) but if that doesn't bother you, then all's good. I brought my own pillow one time because my neck was hurting from their pillows.

What can I say, worth the value (cheapest hotel I've stayed at so far in Bali, that is totally worth the value!)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank zhi25
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

This hotel was just as I expected it to be. I've stayed at other Aston hotels and have come to expect an excellent level of service and value. This one did not disappoint me in any way. The room was great, the restaurant and other amenities were first rate. We stayed here while we toured the city. The only drawback was the distance to the airport and beaches. If you don't have the need to be close to those, this is the place to stay. Rooms were very clean and well appointed. The staff were absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I tried that foods, the taste is not bad, but the ommelete looks "bad" it's just "telur dadar" nothing special. Then i took tea n orange juice. Before you come into the restaurant i see the employee who standing infront was not friendly, no smile, just listening "number" and she made note on the paper. The employee who give me back my laundry also no smile, feels he is not friendly, so pls train them to make them friendly to everyone. That condition is very different if you met the receptionist they are very friendly n helpfull.

• Stayed January 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is good for people who didn't like noisy place. Unfortunately this hotel is also far from hawker food or any other interesting place in denpasar. So i think this hotel is suitable just for bussines people.

The room are clean and big enough and quiet too. I love to sleep here.
The pool is so small fortunately i went to this hotel not in peak season. So only my family use the pool.
The food in this hotel is quite good with european and indonesian food.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We came in for a two nights stay during a golf trip with buddies.

Apparently the hotel was converted from apartment building.

So, we had a two bedroom that is nice.

However, the air conditioning is not as cold as my liking and the water pressure was just not there.

Location is not by the beach and cater mainly conference people ( I think. Because the time I stayed, I saw a lot of conferences and meetings in different locations throughout the hotel)

• Stayed November 2012
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I was here for 4 nights. I got a room on the 3rd floor. The size was okay. The bed was also comfy. The tv worked well. But I got some problem with the tissue roller, it kept falling off causing loud noise. In other bathroom, the mirror needs a change.it looks murky.

I woke up one day to see the curtain beside me had holes in it. You could see the sun shines through the hole. It was not exactly a hole but some part of the curtain lifted off. This was not a serious issue but I didnt expect this would happen in Aston.

Breakfast was okay. I enjoyed their roasted sausages and pasta each day.

Overall okay. But not recommending this unless you stay here for some business

• Stayed August 2013