“Nice hotel for a good start of Bali tour”

Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta
Ranked #49 of 142 Hotels in Denpasar
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I always stay at this small hotel, very convenient location from and to the airport.Where you could easily reach the airport within 5 minutes. Nice and clean hotel.
Very compact in size and the hotel offers every needs for comfort stay. Staff 's very
nice and friendly, especially at the restaurant. Breakfast is good with lots of choices, local-
western. The spa is always reasonable in price.. Will definitely come back and recommend to
friends.

Room Tip: the room overlooking the pool is fantastic.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank girawat
There are newer reviews for Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed with this hotel in September 2013 with my parents and brother. Our impression with this hotel was quite nice and comfortable. The staff was friendly, they picked us up in the airport,even though we're arrived late from Darwin. Check in was a breeze since we arrived quite late, we didn't have to wait until our rooms ready.
The location was quite central in the city, far from the beach though. Its closed to Bali Galleria Malls 10 minutes on foot,mind you this hotel located in the busy road.
I booked for connecting rooms and we got it with no drama, the room space itself was quite small not like what i expected from Mercure hotels. Bed was comfy and have european pillows as well, this is a nice touch! Bathroom was small too, but have well equipped amenities.
Ordered dinner when we arrived there through room service, my brother and parents food was good but mine was really salty (i ordered fried noodles) that i couldn't finished that.
Breakfast area was big, but there wasn't any sign for smoking or non smoking area. Got really annoyed when you try to eat your food while the next table smoking and their smoke goes through our table. The variety of breakfast was ample and good too.
Well basically this hotel have all the facilities that you need, close to shopping area and reliable staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gimmiegimmies
Reviewed 19 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank prihadisa
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Check your towel thoroughly before using it to wipe your skin! I had the worst hotel stay ever!

Had a great impression when check in to the room, but probably night vision gave a different perspective. Stayed almost a week i guess and up to my final night there i finally can not stand it anymore when i had the worst vision ever before my eyes. A supposedly new clean towel had someone's hair on it and what look like a dead LICE inside it! DISGUSTING! Still can't take that image of my head up till now. And after complaining from the night i had the problem up till morning, i received NO FOLLOW UP, apparently i have to personally request a meeting with the person in charge. And given NO solution nor compensation for my trauma. They just hear and accept your complain with "a warm friendly gesture" and said sorry, another sorry, another sorry repeated again when necessary. hemm.. wonder if that should be enough for me to be able to look a fresh new towel in a new perspective from now.

Kept waking up in the middle of the night or dawn because of the hotel's poor construction made noises from another room (mostly what sounded like a pounding either from walking or knocking the wall) and the extra loud speaker for the praying sound.

Some staff were extra ordinary nice to me, went the extra length to provide me a bowl of plain porridge and some were very impolite (for 4 star hotel staff there were poorly trained!)

They never bothered asking my details so i better say bye bye to further follow up!

Room Tip: overall the room is worth the price, but you might need to add special request for the top floor if...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank poelover
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed at Mercure Bali Harvestland in March 2013, for two nights, during the Nyepi Holiday in Bali. Our First impression was, the staffs are soo friendly! Upon waiting for Check in, they gave us complimentary of cold drinks. And when my six years old daughter asked for more, the staff gave the additional glass to her , and served it with a very sincere and friendly attitude.

The Location of this hotel is great. Eventhouh it is not in walking distance to the beach, but Hotel provided the free shuttle to it. But during our stay, we can't go anywhere, because at Nyepi, no activities are allowed, but still we can enjoy the facilities in Hotel, such as swimming pool, and fitness room.

There were road constraction on progress (Underpass) at the moment, so yes it was a bad traffic to reach the Hotel , and very dusty street outside. But now the construction has finished, no more crazy traffic around the Hotel, and you can reach Mal Bali Galeria by 5-10minutes of walking.

The room was nice, very clean, and spacious enough for us (two adult and one child).
Overall, we loved our stay there, and we would recommended this Hotel to our families, for its valuable price, friendly staffs , great location, and nice room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here with friends. The hotel has all the basic facilities that you need. Nothing over the top. Rooms are clean.The place is very affordable as well and very close to the main shopping area in Kuta. Staff are friendly and helpful. Arranged a trip to Nusa Dua and other places in Bali around for 5 of us for a reasonable price. Food was very affordable as well in their restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan J
Reviewed 1 September 2013

That pretty much summed up what i remember most about this hotel when my company held a workshop there for 2 nights in April. 2nd level and every evening I got back, one could see so many of these tiny creatures all over the place. I got fed up and only told the housekeeping on the last evening there, and the boy had to use his Blackberry to snap a very poorly taken blurred picture to show to his manager to prove that I was telling the truth. Not that they did anything after that. No apologies, no letter, no acknowledgement.

I got back late one evening after dinner and wanted to swim. Reception staff told me it closes at 9 but I could swim till 10. While swimming, I was interrupted twice by 2 different staff, the first did not speak English, and was gesturing rather rudely to me to get out of the pool! I was quite appalled, as this has not happened in any of the hotels I have stayed in S.E.A before. I'm a competent swimmer and was doing my laps, and usually, the hotel staff would leave me to be.

One of his fellow colleagues urged him to step back and he stopped disturbing me. Then another lady told me to later. I told her to go check with the reception staff. This is just appalling.

Laptop to LCD projector was cranky during our 2 days of workshop. And the technical staff were not very competent.

Overall, disappointing stay. Will not ever stay or hold any functions here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank aurora26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denpasar
b Hotel Bali & Spa
#26 of 87 in Legian
The Kana Kuta
The Kana Kuta
#6 of 254 in Kuta

Been to Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta? Share your experiences!