“This is a fantastic way to see Bali.”

Sobek Bali - Private Tours
Ranked #302 of 861 Tours in Denpasar
More attraction details
Owner description: The Most Popular Bali Cycling with Combination water rafting, elephant ride, and many more
Leeds
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“This is a fantastic way to see Bali.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

I think the highlight of the journey was riding down the main road of a small village as the local school closed. Suddenly we were surrounded by kids on bikes and mopeds as well as trucks full of animals and chickens strapped to motorbikes. It was pretty hectic but a great experience.

As a contrast to our crazy ride through the village, much of the rest of the ride is really chilled out. I feel guilty even calling it a bike ride since we basically got on the bikes at the top of a mountain and then coasted down. It was really easy.

The bikes themselves were decent enough although, due to the dodgy roads and tracks, we ended up with a few punctures and broken chains which meant we had to wait 15mins or so until a replacement bike could be brought up which was a bit of a pain.

The meal at the end was fantastic- really nice restaurant with a huge selection of food.

The guide was a really nice guy and very patient with our group of 5. As well as myself and my wife, there were 3 ladies who hadn't ridden a bike for a few years so they were pretty panicked and didn't know how to use the gears. The guide helped them out and they weren't put under pressure to go too fast. We were happy to match their pace since they views were so great.

Definitely recommend this.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank The_Pomeranian

• Indonesian first
Perth
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Highlighte of my Bali holiday!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We booked a cycle tour through Tour east who use Sobek. They picked us up from our hotel on time and drove us up to Mt Batur for morning tea overlooking a breathtaking view of the volcano and lake batur. It was amazing. Then with a safety brief and safety equipment we began our leisurely ride down to Ubud.

It take approx 2hrs to ride downhill all the way, in fact there is barley any pedalling involved! The brakes on the bike get a good work out though;-)

They looked after my family with a child seat on the back of my bike and a mini bike for my 8yo. They follow you all the way with a support vehicle so if you get tired or like my kids they get to ride in the bus while we ride.

They give you a running commentary of the Indonesian way of life, through, rice paddy fields, to coffee plantations and walk you through a family owned home. It is a very beautiful and peaceful place. Finishing of with lunch at a restaurant over looking a rice field.

I highly recommend doing this tour and would most definitely do it again.

My only criticism is like some of the other bike tours company's Sobek need to invest in a tandem bike as we where told they had one when in fact they didn't. Communication break down.

Visited April 2012