“Wonderful staff”

Ranked #127 of 142 Hotels in Denpasar
Hong Kong, China
“Wonderful staff”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I am choosing to put 'very good' comment because the friendliness of the staff is enough to compensate the downsides of this overnight hotel.
Our flight was arriving after midnight so we stayed there for a couple of hours before ending up in our gorgeous villa in Uluwatu.

What can we say, very clean and huge rooms, minibar with beers, fresh and cheap, great when thirsty after all the Denpasar airport hassle. Didn't suffer from mosquitoes but i can guess them in the corridors.
The problem of this hotel is the noise from the street, the traffic is NON stop even during the night hours. Ask for a room not facing the street.
Breakfast is very basic, don't get the orange juice (made out of powder) and the so called continental breakfast, go for Indonesian fried rice, it is freshly cooked and quite tasty.
The staff is simply adorable, friendly smiling and trying to help, (we change our room in the middle of the night because of the noise)

Conclusion is that you can stay in the hotel as an overnight alternative, nothing special but clean with friendly staff and very low prices.

Room Tip: not facing the street, avoid 402 and 302
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chipopi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 10 August 2011

First of all, we got the best rates by booking through a hostel booking company online. Our room rate was almost cut in half. This hotel looks old and "funky" from the outside, but the lobby and the rooms are very modern. Our room was serviced daily and very clean. There is a problem with mosquitoes here (as noted by another reviewer), but the hotel staff is excellent, helpful, and very friendly. The restaurant is available 24 hours, and the desk clerks will call a taxi, massage service, and try to help with any of the guest's needs. There is a laundry service, and a convenient mini-mart directly across the street. That is the only think convenient, however, as this hotel is far from any beach or other tourist attractions, as well as shopping. At the same time, it is very quiet. So, if you don't mind taking a taxi to anything (clubs, beach, shopping, etc.) this can be a nice, quiet hotel. If you like night life, beaches, shopping, etc., then you should find someplace else. As a side note, they do advertise wifi, but it is only available in the lobby, and it is very, very slow.

Room Tip: Book through a hostel booker to get the best rates.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Kaitiaki
Sausalito, California
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I was in Bali for two weeks and stayed here the last night, as their website stated they provided free shuttle service to the airport. Upon check-in in the evening, the concierge allowed us to use the phone to make a quick call, then charged us 10,000 rrp for the favor. It only got worse from there. The hotel itself is quite lovely, but the room seemed dirty and the sheets had blood spots on them from the previous guest. We were awake all night being eaten alive by mosquitoes. The next day, the only staff available seemed to be two hotel cleaning ladies who went slack-jawed when we asked about the shuttle to the airport. They were rather rude and explained that this service is only avaialble for those guests who stay more than one night. I dare anyone to stay more than one night in this flea bag! By happenstance, we happened to be sharing this story with THE OWNER of the hotel who was hanging with his boys in one of the rooms with the door open. He could not have been more condescending and dismissive of our plight. We should've stayed in Ubud for our last night, this was not a pleasant way to end our trip! Plus, the "western breakfast" option was truly awful, I had the Indonesian version, which was slightly better.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank SweetPete49

Travellers are raving about these Denpasar hotels

Lippo Karawaci
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I would normally spend a great deal of time on my reviews, as seen in my other hotel reviews. Hopefully my pictures will speak a 1000 words for this hotel. My family and I had stayed at this hotel as an overnight stay before moving on to our final hotel. This was planned. We arrived late. The hotel staff were somewhat friendly. Had I spoken Bahasa Indonesian, I suspect they would have been friendlier. A concierge did bring our bags to our room and promptly delivered our son’s bed upon receiving a reminder that we had paid for one.

Our room was used for the sales brochure, but the picture looks nothing like the room. The room wasn’t dirty, but it didn’t seem clean. The hotel is aged, and I believe this contributes to this not-so-clean appearance.

The hotel is not located in a desirable location. There’s really nothing around. If you are interested in visiting Kuta or going to the beach, you could take a taxi or rent a motorbike , but pedestrian exploration is probably not an option.

It’s not all bad… The hotel has a 24-hour restaurant. I really enjoyed that. The hostess was very friendly to my son…and somewhat friendly to my wife and I. The food was primarily Indonesia fare, and overall it wasn’t that bad. I prefer a Western breakfast. Unfortunately, this was not available. There was also a convenience store located across the road.

I’ve been to several Bali hotels. If you’re trying to find a “vacation” type hotel, whether relaxed environment or high-service hotel, this might not be a good match. If it’s the only available hotel for an overnight stay, as was the case with my family, it’ll do the job.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family