“Bad Experience”

Ranked #35 of 138 Hotels in Denpasar
Kuala Lumpur
“Bad Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

In my last night in Bali, I've stayed in B hotel. Upon my check in, the front desk officers was really friendly and they serve welcome drinks and cold towel to give us some refreshment. The room was not bad, as it has the facilities which most of the hotel has. I had a bad experience during my shuttle service. I was suppose to be at the pick up point at 6pm as the shuttle will pick us up. However, I waited for 1 hour plus and I've decided to take a cab back. To add on to that, I need to pay 10 USD to travel from Kuta to Denpasar which the fee was suppose to be around only 40K IDR. I believe there must be a communication error from the hotel and the shuttle. Breakfast was good. Overall, it was beyond average.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chrislow2013
bhotelBali, General Manager at b Hotel Bali & Spa, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Chrislow,

Thank you very much for staying with us and writing a review on your stay at b Hotel Bali. It is a pleasure to read that the service offered by our staff exceeded your expectations.

I appreciate your feedback regarding our shuttle service and we shall reevaluate it with the team accordingly.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to b Hotel Bali to experience more.

Kindest regards,

Pujining Astuti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Any lone traveler arriving at any foreign destination would love the idea of checking into a decent hotel as quickly as possible ... and B Hotel Bali fits this requirement perfectly... Due to flight delays I arrived at Denpasar Airport, Bali, Indonesia past midnight on Sunday 29/9/2013 ... After a long flight, I was relieved to have a cheap and short taxi ride to the hotel ... My first impression is that it is a very new clean and comfortable hotel.... its decently priced room rates include breakfast and free internet ... Its staff are friendly and helpful ad its breakfast and environment makes my stay very enjoyable ...The only disadvantage is that there is absolutely no restaurant or shops within walking distance which makes it inconvenient unless you are on a group tour or have your own transportation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NomadicTravellor
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

B Hotel is a beautiful hotel. Only new and very well looked after. The foyer was always kept very clean and our room was also very clean to. The location for me wasn't to bad, I liked being away from the hustle and bustle of kuta, but wanted something cheap but not too far from seminyak as that's where we spent most of our time staying here. We kept most of our budget for accomadation for Micks Place in Bingin (Uluwatu) which is PARADISE! So just wanted something cheap, clean & safe to stay in town. This hotel was fine for that, but I found it quite difficult to communicate with the staff as most of them couldn't speak/understand english much. I did notice that majority of the guests staying there were indonesian/asian and if B hotel want's more western guests then getting more staff that can speak good english is something I would highly reccomend. The checking in/out process was kinda long considering both time we were the only ones checking in/out.

Although the staff were'nt great at speaking english they were extremely polite and always as helpful as they could be. I would reccomend staying here for a overnight stay but for anything longer maybe stay somewhere else. For the price its a GREAT deal but if you are willing to spend a bit more, there are lots of other hotels that are just as nice but are more helpful for people that only speak english.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EdenDelValle
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

B hotel is a beautiful and modern hotel with all the facilities you would require. We stayed there for a week and I couldn't say a single thing I would complain about. The room is comfy and big, the bathroom is very stylish, breakfast excellent, staff is more than helpful, there is no problem they cannot solve. Maria, the receptionist was the best, she helped us in suggesting restaurants, currency exchange, scooter renting and heaps of other things. The hotel is out of the hectic market area, a 5 minute scooter drive from the beach. It was a perfect holiday for us. Balinese people are the best hosts.

Room Tip: We stayed in a pool view room with a balcony, It was handy for us, because I don't smoke but my...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Manuela S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and meticulous review about your stay at b Hotel Bali.

I am delighted to hear that the personalized service delivered by Maria as well as all the other staff around the hotel made this stay of yours in Bali the most enjoyable one thus far. It is with true pleasure to read that you enjoyed the room, breakfast, service and even scooter drive experienced during your stay.

The team as well as Maria in particular were extremely encouraged and appreciative to hear the positive comments about your experience.

I sincerely appreciate your positive feedback with regards to your experience in b Hotel.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to b Hotel Bali to experience more.

Warm Regards

Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during our company trip. The room was clean and nice. However the location is not so convenient for those who wanted to experience the Kuta Beach. You have to take a cab to get there (around 10-20 minutes drive, depending on the traffic). Please take note that traffic during the weekend is terrible in Bali.

The breakfast was ok with variety of western food and Indonesian food. This hotel is highly recommended for family. :D

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Picton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

A perfect place for a perfect holiday! We stayed at b hotel for 3 nights and there is not one thing we could complain about. It was very quiet and peaceful, the staff was AMAZING (smiley, friendly, professional, always willing to make you feel special), the hotel is beautiful and stylish... It is located 10minutes away from the busy part of Kuta, which is a good thing: it is very quiet, no loud music or drunken tourists around. In fact no taxi knew about this hotel, but when they see it from outside they all looked very surprised: how can such a beautiful place be so unknown about?? The spa is surprisingly cheap and well worth a visit! The breakfast is so nice and there is enough variety that you don't eat twice the same dish. I wish I could just stay there forever... Terimah kasih to all the staff!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank jenny285728
Dear Jenny,

Warm greetings from bHotel Bali.

Thank you for your positive remarks on b Hotel Bali and b Spa.

There are many advantages being far away from the beach: comfort, security and quite. And, you get those aspects when you are staying with us. We provide drop off and pick up shuttle service to Kuta area as well for guest conveniences.

Chef Bagus and his team have arranged daily rotation for our breakfast to ensure that our guests feel differently on breakfast menu items. I am honoring your appreciation on our breakfast quality. . This is something that I will share to FB team for their hard working and training.

Dear Jenny, I will share your comment to our team member to let them know that their efforts are rewarded. once again, “Terima kasih” for your positive feedback. And, I am looking forward welcoming you back at b Hotel Bali.

Warm Regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed here just after the soft opening and there were a few construction works and facilities to be finished, but despite all of that I was impressed with the finished part of the hotel.

The lobby and foyer area is huge and impressive but still have that tropical, airy, natural feel about it that you expected from A hotel in Bali because of the wood accent of the huge reception counter. The woven-egg chairs-swing in the foyer was a great hit with my nephews, nieces and embarrassingly, myself.

The room itself very much lived up to the rest of the property. It looked contemporary yet intimate, comfortable, with a hint of traditional Balinese because of the dark wood floor and batik clothes on one wall of the room. The shower is huge compared to other hotels of the same calibre in the area and I love the stark contrast between the white inlayed pebble wall of the wet area and the dramatic black tiles of the dry area of the shower.

The dining area, like the rest of the property, has a relax airy atmosphere, perfect for enjoying your breakfast or coffee. The open air area has a glass ceiling, great for soaking up the sun while preventing rain. Because our group was the only guests at the time, the hotel didn't put out the full breakfast buffet but the nasi goreng (fried rice) and mie goreng (fried noodle) were delicious and it came with complementary toast and coffee so it was enough to fuel us throughout the morning.

Last but definitely not least was the staff. All the staff were friendly, attentive, polite and helpful. All of them seemed determine to make your stay a great one!

I definitely will stay here again the next time I'm in Bali! If it this good while it was half opened, I'm excited to come back when it's fully operational.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank suri85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denpasar
Ramada Encore Bali Seminyak
#79 of 138 in Denpasar
Sanur Seaview Hotel
Sanur Seaview Hotel
#57 of 76 in Sanur

Been to b Hotel Bali & Spa? Share your experiences!