“Expensive and Underwhelming”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bali Orchid Garden

Bali Orchid Garden
Ranked #41 of 151 things to do in Denpasar
More attraction details
Owner description: This hectare of beautifully landscaped tropical garden provides a relaxing environment displaying many tropical plants and exquisite orchids blooming throughout the year. Located within the green belt amongst rice paddies, it is reached via Jln Bypass Ngurah Rai, 10 minutes north of Sanur, en route to northern and easterly tourist sites. The Garden opens daily between 8am and 6pm. Friendly staff will escort and provide information about the plants and help you discover many orchid treasures.
Bondi, Australia
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Expensive and Underwhelming”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The first thing we noticed was that the I00K IRP entry price was unexpectedly high (compared to other Bali attractions). The gardens are nice but small ; there was no guide and we were left to fend for ourselves. Great if you are an orchid enthusiast I guess, but for laymen it was hard to figure out what as going on with the various orchid cultivation activities. Spent barely 30 minutes there and left feeling we had wasted our time and money. Not recommended.

Visited January 2014

• Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Not recommended for the orchid enthusiasts”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I hardly saw any orchid and the garden/farm was very ordinary not to mention the $10USD entrance fee I wasted. The guide was OK with her general knowledge in orchid but obsequious. If you were an orchid enthusiast, you would definitely be very disappointed. I suggest you going to a local Balinese nursery off the side of the road to see a more beautiful array of plants. Please spend your money doing something more exiting such as the Bird/Retile Park or the Butterfly Park nearby.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank aquatechint
Bali, Indonesia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Expensive”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The most surprising thing is the entrance fee 100 000 Rp, it's expensive for the place. In this season, you have 50 % of the orchids ( thats what the guide tell us ) but no discount on the price.

The garden is nice but not so big, the most interesting for me was the guide who really know her job, give nice explanations and was very friendly.

If you have the possibility to go to Singapore, he really advise you to visit the orchid garden there, bigger, more nice and interesting ... and cheaper ;)

Visited December 2013
1 Thank FabrizioBali
Underberg, South Africa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Orchid-strated”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

On route to Sanur we decided to pop into the orchid garden. I was taken by the high price of entry, even though it is not the best season for orchids.
We were very impressed with our guide who knew her stuff and even showed us orchids from South Africa so that we could relate.

It was blazing hot, so we whizzed around the garden.

I think they could lower the entry fee slightly during the "off season" and increase it when the orchids are at the fullest bloom.

Apart from the above and the heat, it is defintiely a stunning setting.

Visited November 2013
Hobart
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Never realised there were so many types of orchids”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I think this place is well worth a visit if you like orchids, it is amazing, I had no idea you could such variety ! Gorgeous

Visited March 2013