“Overpriced, underwhelming collection, but a very good guide ”
Review of Bali Orchid Garden

Bali Orchid Garden
Ranked #35 of 167 things to do in Denpasar
More attraction details
Owner description: This hectare of beautifully landscaped tropical garden provides a relaxing environment displaying many tropical plants and exquisite orchids blooming throughout the year. Located within the green belt amongst rice paddies, it is reached via Jln Bypass Ngurah Rai, 10 minutes north of Sanur, en route to northern and easterly tourist sites. The Garden opens daily between 8am and 6pm. Friendly staff will escort and provide information about the plants and help you discover many orchid treasures.
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I too would agree that 100,000 rp was a bit steep and their collection was not the visual feast I was hoping for. The guide however did his upmost to make our visit worth while and we really enjoyed listening to his enthusiasm for orchids.

1  Thank G-in-Hertfordshire
There are newer reviews for Bali Orchid Garden

Reviewed 25 February 2014

what a great way to spend some time, with a hobby my wife finds very interesting, OR so we thought. the IR200 ea we paid to enter was steep at best, but my wife had been wanting to see the orchids since our arrival in Sanur. so we arranged to have a local taxi pick us up from the hotel and drop us at the gardens (once the taxi drive had made 2 phone calls to find the address)
web were offered a drink on our entry, which i thought was a nice way to start, until we tried to drink what can only be described as diluted sugar with a flavoring, one sip was enough. Once being fleeced of our entrance fee we were passed on to our "guide" and not more than a few steps into the walk, we were asked if we wanted to take photos with a young girl in traditional Balinese costume. having already experienced this scam at other attractions earlier in our travels we passed. our guide then began to walk us through the gardens at a brisk pace, with my wife repeatedly asking her to slow down as she was here to see the orchids, not a fitness jog.
our guides knowledge was passable but I was under the impression this had been learnt parrot fashion and could not expand on the questions asked by my wife.the only plants of any real note were some rare red orchids from Taiwan which we fortunate enough ton be there when they were in flower. once we had been shown/rushed through the gardens, we reached uor exit point and asked if we wanted to purchase "Lewak" coffee,m (made from beans ingested and fermented in the stomach of an indigenous mammal). nice coffee but not worth the A$80 per kilo asking price. upon arriving at the exit our "guide" then asked us if we had a "present" for her, this being in the form of a cash donation, NOT A HOPE!!. the only real saving grave from the whole 1 hour disappointment was that the taxi driver that had brought us, had waited for our return, without our request. this led us to postulate, what did he know that we didn't.
So unless you are bored to death and really want to unload some cash give this place a wide berth, go to the elephant park in Taro up in ubud. that was value for money and well worth the trip,
John and Nellie, Brisbane

1  Thank johncookie001
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We initially read about the Orchid Garden in our Lonely Planet, and then read reviews on Trip Advisor. Despite advice in reviews about the cost we thought we would give it a try. This is really just a tourist trap. 100 000 rupiah (approx. $10) is a total rip off. The garden is nice and there were some flowers, but it was more greenery than orchids, and it is quite small. They seem to be making an effort - we got juice and a brochure on admission, and a guide showed us around. There is free Wi-Fi and a small café and a little shop, but I would suggest 20 000 is probably as much as they should charge. Not really worth the effort for tourists.

1  Thank jessff
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The first thing we noticed was that the I00K IRP entry price was unexpectedly high (compared to other Bali attractions). The gardens are nice but small ; there was no guide and we were left to fend for ourselves. Great if you are an orchid enthusiast I guess, but for laymen it was hard to figure out what as going on with the various orchid cultivation activities. Spent barely 30 minutes there and left feeling we had wasted our time and money. Not recommended.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I hardly saw any orchid and the garden/farm was very ordinary not to mention the $10USD entrance fee I wasted. The guide was OK with her general knowledge in orchid but obsequious. If you were an orchid enthusiast, you would definitely be very disappointed. I suggest you going to a local Balinese nursery off the side of the road to see a more beautiful array of plants. Please spend your money doing something more exiting such as the Bird/Retile Park or the Butterfly Park nearby.

1  Thank aquatechint