We stayed at Mara River for 2 nights, in Twiga room. The room was nice, clean, comfortable. It is elevated so you have a nice view of zebras, rhinos and elephants. It would be quite OK also in Swala rooms since they are positioned well and you also have a great view of everything. We traveled with a 2-year old and he loved every minute of it. There is also a nice pool with the view of the compound, not many guests at the pool so it was perfect. Breakfast is incedible, with the view of the 3 lions. Really a rare experience. The lion restaurant is not so great for dinner and supper though. Good food, but very limited menu (especially for vegetarians) and quite pricey.
All in all I really recommend the place. We all had fun and a very nice time, enjoyed every minute. The staff was super nice. For adults 1 night (2 days) is probably enough to see everything since you can arrive early in the morning and leave late the next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara River Safari Lodge is a themed resort that offers a truly unique experience. Accommodation is composed of a series of comfortably appointed thatched dwelling orientated towards a landscaped inhabited by wildlife. With the shadow of Bali's sacred Mount Agung looming in the distance, embrace the rare tranquility of this retreat as rhinos, zebras and oryx graze contentedly at close range. Savor the raw beauty surrounding the lodge, while lions majestically roar declaring their status as the king of the beasts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Mara River Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara River Safari Hotel Gianyar
- Mara River Safari Resort
- Mara River Safari Lodge Bali/Gianyar