“We find a paradise”

Puri Bayu Guest House
Ranked #6 of 35 Gianyar B&B and Inns
“We find a paradise”
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

After a 20 days trip around Thailand, Cambodia & Indonesia we spot this little place...how I don't know!!
The rooms are beautiful, clean and well organize, the view I can't describe need to seat on the sofa of the first floor and enjoy the sunset!!!! The unique bathroom is the shining star in this outdoor guesthouse!!
The mum are so sweet help us to find some place to visit where usually tourist don't go
We hardly find the energy to leave it!!
We will be back

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Thomaskec

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Durban
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Amazing that just 200m from the main street where the Vespas, Hondas and taxis buzz all day that there is such a peaceful, spacious, guest house overlooking a rice paddy. Great place to chill out and get energized for the bustle of Ubud, only a step away. Location could not be easier.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanne L
Miri
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed 3 nights in the twin bedroom. There were 4 of us, and initially we booked 2 of the rooms upstairs. However, due to some unavoidable changes, we cancelled one of the rooms and all 4 of us stayed in the twin room. Dewi (the hostess) was very kind and helped put 2 extra mattresses in the twin room. The room is large and comfortably fit us all in. Bathroom is open-aired, and very tastefully designed. Fear not of mosquitoes because Ketut (the butler) would be sure to put mosquito coils near the balcony/room. There is no air-conditioning, but none is required as ceiling fan is good enough for us. Waking up in the morning to green rice fields is the best thing! We had different dishes for breakfast every day during our stay, and the food was great! Bottled water is provided once daily. But do alert Ketut if you need to set off early; he will prepare breakfast earlier. Also, do note that charging sockets in Indonesia might be different from certain countries (2-holed) and bring along an adapter.
I like it that Puri Bayu is located away from the hustle and bustle of the main Ubud Town, yet still within walking distance from eateries and shops.
Truly love everything about this guest house. Wish we could stay here for our entire 9 days in Bali, but we had to move to other areas for convenience.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank SingYee
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and wish I could have stayed longer!

The rooms are very large, bright, well decorated, very clean and fresh. Ketut is great! Very helpful ande the breakfasts in the balcony are amazing.

The rooms are lovely and the outside bathrooms are pretty cool! I would stay here again without a doubt!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank XanaIgreja
new york
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Just as the other reviews say, Ketut and Dewi are excellent hosts. They are very friendly people, extremely caring. I too was going to stay for 2 night, then stayed 10. I am here for the 2nd time (same room!) for even longer.

I never think twice about staying here. I also like that it is far enough from the street that I do not hear cars. As I type this, I hear only birds and crickets. Conveniently located. I love the terrace for sitting on with my tea and fresh fruit.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I'm just concluding 25 days in Indonesia and one of the highlights will be my stay at Puri Bayu Guesthouse in Ubud. Here the attention to detail - flowers in the room, overall cleanliness, mosquito coils on the veranda at nightfall, deliciously prepared and well presented breakfast - truly made the difference, giving me an outstanding stay. I loved lounging on the day bed on the veranda in the late afternoons, watching the sun set over the rice fields. I have recommended this guesthouse to other travellers I've met since staying there, and will continue to do so.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

From the moment I stepped up to the terrace overlooking the rice paddy and lush garden, I felt at home. This small guesthouse is clean and well-cared for, with many nice touches such as handmade soap, fresh flowers, and mosquito coils at night. I got to know the other guests and the owner, but still had my privacy. Quiet location, within walking distance to most of Ubud, as well as some lovely rice paddy walks on the edge I town. Great value, I'd recommend it!

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gianyar
KajaNe Yangloni Private Boutique Health & Leisure Centre
#13 of 555 in Ubud
The Kampung Resort Ubud
The Kampung Resort Ubud
#1 of 9 in Tegalalang

Been to Puri Bayu Guest House? Share your experiences!