All reviews guesthouse bugs coconut ubud agung cleanliness frogs
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here for 3nights and it's perfect..big nice room, outdoor shower, quite surrounding and yet only few mins away from all ubud has to over. Ibu Dewi, the owner, is very friendly, chatted with her every morning on the terrace while she's preparing flowers for the temple just outside my room. Ketut and made (fr puri cantik nextdoor,also owned by ibu dewi) were very helpfull, drove me to buy bu mangku nasi ayam and also get me eye drop when my eyes got irritated from softlenses. Would def come back to stay again and recommend this to my friens

Date of stay: April 2014
3  Thank HenyW2
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I really spend an amazing month in this place. With the kindness ok Dewi, her family and the great Ketut. The place is clean, beautiful and the breakfast is really good.
Puri bayu is also really quiet, because it's far from the street with the view on rice fields.
it is a perfect place to stay!!!!

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This place was highly recommended by our friends who had stayed there on numerous occasions. We stayed in Room 2 on the upper floor for 4 nights in February. Everything was as described by our friends, the fantastic view from the veranda, comfortable room and great service.

We love the countryside feel of the place. Every morning we woke up to a symphony of bird songs and cockerel crowing. It a delight to watch the birds (herons, sparrows, etc) flying around in the padi fields while we were having our breakfast. It feels so special whenever we spotted the occasional firefly in the night.

The guesthouse is also conveniently located near the main road, shops and eating places.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank buzibody
Reviewed 25 January 2014

we spent (2 couples) almost a week in Ubud in August. Puri Bayu has perfect location,is just walking distance to main street + it has amazing view to rice fields. Just nearby are good restaurants + Market + Monkey Forest.... you can easly rent a scooter just a cross the street (5$/day!!) and enjoy outskirts of Ubud. Beside that Ketut will take care of you: he will prepare delicious breakfast and clean your room.
That's why on our way back home we decided to stay there one night. It was fully booked but owners give us opportunity to stay in their second place: Puri Cantik Bungalow
Owwww - it was also cool. No rice fields view but rooms were SO beautiful with this balines handmade furnitures...and bathroom - amazing!!

Thank you for making our stay in Bali perfect. Hope to see you soon

Karolina + her team :)

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Borboletaa
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Friendly people and great house & location (overlooking rice fields, but close enough to Ubud centre). Room nicely decorated, spacious, and with a good-size veranda. Because of a late flight out, the owners were so kind to let me (and my luggage) stay on their premises until late at night.

However, I missed the basics to combat the extreme humidity: a fridge and aircon. My water was always tepid, and the ceiling fan was not adequate. Also lacking were toiletries, and WiFi access was on and off.
As the owners live a few houses further, it was not always easy to get an answer to a question or problem, especially during rainy times.
Finally, there are open air bathrooms, which can be great. At Puri Bayu, there is not enough coverage for rain, though, so the floor is often wet when using the sink or going to the toilet. Also, the floor is partially covered by white pebbles, which look nice, but are a pain in the foot when the humidity makes them stick to your soles. Also, it is not a very clean system: I saw quite some hairs of previous guests between them....

Room tip: Upstairs rooms more privacy and better view
Date of stay: November 2013