“Bali International Rafting”

Bali White Water Rafting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Telaga Waja River is best destination for this adventures 'cause this river has Class Rapid Water from 3 till 4 grade water, so it's will be good for Beginner and will give Challenge for Experience and The water from the Mountain Springs Of Mount Agung, and your journey are 16 Km on the Raft or in the River around 2,5 Hours. Once you paddle on the river, you'll enter the secret beauty of Bali. Through the pure nature, wild tropical forests, over hanging trees and vines creating a thrilling beginner-class rafting course. Enjoy the extremely clear water, flows around numerous hairpin curves and experiences out breathtaking grade 3 and 4 rafting through a deeply carved valley with towering waterfalls along 16 km course.
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Bali International Rafting”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This was one of the highlights of our holiday - by far the best rafting company - we passed several other boats who were stuck on rocks etc. but our instructor Muri, was awesome! He has 18 years experience and made the whole thing feel like an adventure. The scenery is breath-taking and the ride exhilarating especially the 4m drop!
Bali International Rafting also goes for 16km - about 2.5 hours - and the furthest of all the companies, there were other more well-known we looked at but we were happy we didn't go with them as they finished 2kms before BIR and had a very steep climb from the finish point to the top, where ours was only about 30 easy steps. We were then welcomed at the top with the option of a shower followed by a freshly cooked meal. Highly recommend this for all ages!

7 Thank Anna W

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Very Fun, Do Give It A Try If You've Never Done Rafting Before”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was a tad apprehensive about doing this as I’m not a strong swimmer and didn’t fancy falling into the gushing rapids. But I’m mighty glad I opted for it in the end, cos it was a lovely afternoon of fun.

The rafting itself was mega simple, the guide does most of the steering work and you only need to sit in the raft and follow his instructions. The most tedious thing during rafting was when the vessel approached a low sheer drop (not scary, was tremendously exciting) and you had to nestle your body onto the floor of the boat where it’s safer and there’s less likelihood of you falling into the water. Otherwise it’s a really simple and fun activity, our guide Smiley was humorous and friendly. Me being the nervous wreck about my lack of swimming abilities, I went up to him before we started rafting and declared loudly that I can’t swim and I’m sticking close to him in case he needs to save my life. He chuckled and made sure I was seated right in front of him, just where I wanted!

Besides rafting, we stopped mid-river, got out into the water to check out a small waterfall. It was really exhilarating feeling the full force of the water from the falls coming down on you. There was another stop where you could climb some rocks, and swing out Tarzan-style into the river below.

The most tiring part of the experience was not the rafting, but the climbing up and down the valley to get to the river. I had known of this beforehand and was prepared to break a sweat, but I didn’t expect how it to be as challenging, having to hold your equipment and oars whilst steadying yourself on a flight of slippery and uneven stairs with no railings. The stairs were covered in moss, and the spray from the river as we neared the bottom made it extremely slippery.

Nonetheless I think this shouldn’t discourage you from trying rafting, just go slowly and make sure you’re safe. Needless to say I was dreading the climb back up after the rafting ended, but surprisingly found it easier cos I no longer had to fumble with the oars (we left them on the rafts by the river). The flight of stairs which we ascended was also newer, more even and not slippery at all. After you reach the top you are herded to a shower area (toiletries are provided and there are curtains though so flimsy that I’m not sure how much use they were). Then we settled down to have lunch – nothing spectacular, but no complaints.

I’d encourage travellers to book the rafting trip directly with the rafting company. We made the mistake of booking through our hotel and later found that we had paid considerably more cos the hotel has taken a hefty commission.

We ended up with wobbly and aching knees for days after due to the climb, but it was well worth it. It may have been Rafting 101 as the rapids were not that scary, but I’m still glad I went for it and had fun!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Vienya
Stockholm, Sweden
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

A great white water rafting suitable for all family including kids from 10-12 years. Note the most advanced but a very nice tour in great nature and exciting white water. More white water than still water made it to a great tour. However, not sure that it will be the same experience during the more dry periods, we visited during rain season and it was at some places shallow. Look tbis up before going there, less water than now and you will probably get stucked several times.

Sydney, Australia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Fun day”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We went with BATIK CHILI rafting, and was cheap and fun. We had 5 in our raft (plus our guide) and due to the extra weight we did get stuck but had an awesome time. Had we not had the extra weight we may not have flipped and fallen out.. But was part of the fun. Most ppl didn't paddle let alone fall out.
Stairs at the end were KILLER!!
Didn't touch the food afterwards for fear of getting sick!

Brisbane, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Bali international rafting is fantastic! We only had 2 people per boat so were far more maneuverable and speedier then the other company Telagawaja (which this post actually links you to). They seemed to get stuck on rocks far more often and got into a couple of difficult situations.

The guides at bali international rafting were great! English was good and instructions were clear so we had no dramas on our trip. Its a great active rush through gorgeous forest with waterfalls running around you, bring your waterproof camera if you have one! The 4m waterfall decent was also a lot of fun.

At the end of the 16km river you only need to walk up a few steps, compared to the 400 at Telagawaja, to get to your buffet meal.

Would highly recommend them, here is the actual website - http://www.clubaquabali.com/bali-international-rafting/

Visited December 2013