“Awesome, Wish I could give them a 6!!”

and 1 more site!
By Dorry Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I've been to 34 countries and I can say with great confidence this is the top 3 B&B/home stays I have ever been to. Where to begin....

First of all, it's unbelievably beautiful and peaceful. Not only the location, but also the hotel itself. The details are amazing. And it's super clean with great water pressure and good AC which is nice after a long hot day.

Wulan, who handles all the guests, is a true gem. She is professional, friendly, knowledgeable, speaks perfect English and gave me suggestions to plan the perfect trip.

I usually stay in the city to minimize transport costs so when I booked this hotel, honestly I didn't realize it was outside the main town. HOWEVER, it was one of the best mistakes I ever made. They provide transport into and out of town (at reasonable hours) For free. It's like a 6-7 minute drive. I actually extended my stay because it was so great. Don't be deterred by the location.

Also, great breakfast!!

I can't say enough good things! If you stay here, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank luckyanatra

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

This place was alright. It was too far from the center of town. The owner kept pushing us to do certain activities after we already told her we had it figured out. I felt like I went there to just relax but as soon as I walked through the door she wanted to plan out all my days for me. Some people may like this but I like doing my own thing. I just thought it was a little much to keep pushing me. The rooms were clean and generally nice. Nothing was really wrong with the place but probably would not stay there again. If you want to be able to bike and not rely on a car this is not the place for you.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Dash44
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The villa is beyond amazing! Very artistic, private and comfortable. It is surrounded by rice paddy. The location is quiet and peaceful. The owner are really nice, friendly and helpful (Plus they know Ubud very well) I'm very pleased with their services. It's just perfect, I will definitely come back! :)

Room Tip: I stayed at "Rumah Jawa", very spacious and great for the whole familyl
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed at byDorry for the second time in 2013. The first time I brought 2 people and they loved it. The second time, I brought the same 2 people with extra 3 people and they all loved it! Della knows Ubud & Bali in general very well and we all liked listening to what she suggested because we knew it would turn out good. ByDorry itself, is a reflection of Della's beautiful late mother and honestly, Della has the same ideas as her mother when it comes to designing byDorry to it's very little details. As a host, she is perfect. Super friendly, knowledgeable, loves kids, and loves to meet new people. I already recommend Della to people who are interested or planning to come to Bali and I will keep recommending her. Trust me, you would to.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2014

When my partner and I arrived at By Dorry, we fell in love with the place straight away. We stayed in one of the most beautiful rooms with the four poster bed and shower was just amazing and very spacious & so clean. The view of the rice paddy from our big delicious breakfast every morning. We are still talking about the pancake, corn fritters and the most delicious fried rice that we had for breakfast at By Dorry. We admired the attention to detail in regards to the construction and final presentation of the building, including all those beautiful traditional furniture in the villa. The pool was a great place to relax after a big day of sightseeing. Thank you Della for your hospitality & we endeavour to stay at By Dorry on our next visit to Ubud.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were designed to make you feel relaxed with a breathtaking view, tranquillity and s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Hidden gem, not so far away from center of Ubud. By Dorry is quite hard to find at first place but in the end, that is the reason which makes the place so special. To go there, you will need to go through authentic Balinese villages. The place is surrounded by rice paddy which makes it a great sight when you just want a chill out time. If you are staying on the villa on the back, you can hear running water (and also you can take peek at local Balinese bathing) not to mention the private pool there. The design of the place is somewhat so colorful but yet filled with so many cultural hint. Most of the time, we were just chillaxing there. You can ask the people there to cook for you, or simply cook for yourself. Unlike other hotels or bed and breakfast, i actually get a feeling of home in this place. Maybe for service that actually so personal and friendly

Room Tip: back villa has private pool and the most quite. If you prefer to have more social interaction, get a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The place that makes me feel free. First time i got there iam kinda Amazed because of the beautiful scenery of paddy rice field. The room is not just the room, it decorated perfectly with a balinese style and i realy like the smell of aromatherapy in the room. Beside all of that i can do all activity such as swimming, read a book even there is yoga classes. Etherwise i went to travel anywhere by motorcycle because it was near from central ubud. I should go there again next time

• Stayed: January 2014