We stayed a week here in November 2010(after the wedding in Jakarta - see other review). This hotel was the last one we stayed at in Bali. The one before this was one, was a lodge in the a very remote village where people washed themselves and their clothes in a flood. Hence it was pretty surreal to end up at the Gending Kedis Villas afterwards. The "Villa for 2" consists of two floors with the kitchen and living room on the second floor and the bed room, bath room and private pool on the ground floor. You have a butler at your service and the girls at the reception try to do anything to make your life perfect. Perfect you would think. It leaves however a sour taste in your mouth because you know that most of these people are earning a few dollars a day or less. Of course we are providing work for them but we are also using valuable resources which locals probably cannot afford anymore.
Now to the downsides of the hotel. When we stood at the balcony, we looked down at some sort of waste dump. I dont know if it was the one from the hotel or from another hotel. It was however not an unusual sight in Bali. Makes you wonder why they dont treasure what we have lost ages ago...
Secondly, the hotel is being fumigated every other day. They do it to kill the bugs but the smell afterwards is very disturbing. Makes you wonder what kind of pesticide they are using and why the whole hotel needs to be fumigated.
Thirdly, the paths from the villa to the restaurant/exit are very slippery because it is so moist on the premises.
And lastly, the prices for room service/ironing/spa treatments are comparable to the prices you pay in 5 star hotels in western Europe. I hope (but doubt) that the employees get their fair share from it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gending Kedis at Jimbaran Bay is a collection of 1, 2, 3 and 4-bedroom luxury villas each with its own private pool villa. The resort is located within 15 minutes from the Bali airport and just 2 minutes drive to the white sands of Jimbaran beach.The resort has full services and amenities including the Alcedo Restaurant and bar lounge, room service and 2 function rooms. The Malkoha Spa offers a full range of body treatments and the Rudy Hadisuwarno Salon offers hair styling for ladies and gents. A fully equipped spacious gym and a 22 meter swimming pool complete the facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TravelUp, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gending Kedis Villas And Spa Estate
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Hotel Jimbaran
- Gending Kedis Hotel Estate
- Gending Kedis Resort Estate
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Bali/Jimbaran