“Another great say at a beautiful Villa”

Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Honolulu
“Another great say at a beautiful Villa”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Spent five days on a return visit at Gending Kedis Villas. Had a three bdrm villa this time instead of a 4 bdrm. Just as impressive and enjoyable. As usual, hotel staff service was
perfect - some of the people even remembered us from previous visits. Food at the restau-
rant was excellent with the addition of a new chef. Special requests were not a problem for
him to fill. You must enjoy this experience!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
York
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I think this place could well be put on my 'favourites' list and can imagine it becoming my destination of choice when i need to rest, restore and revitalise. Arriving after a long journey from England, the staff couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful. The Villa was just beautiful, gorgeous private peaceful room with luxurious bathroom. Having a spa and restaurant on site means that you wouldn't need to go out of the resort if you don't feel like it. A lovely added touch is the arrival of cakes and treats mid afternoon!
The Villas are all different sizes, I think it would be a superb place for a family reunion or get together with friends.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

On arriving at our villa we were met by our butler who had ice cold fruit drinks waiting for us, just one example of the great care and attention afforded to us throughout our stay at Gending Kedis.The villa was much more spacious than we had anticipated. The bedrooms were luxuriously furnished with Balinese style furniture, silk drapes and blinds. The master bedroom had a huge four poster bed. All bedrooms had an ensuite bathroom, much to the delight of our two girls. The kitchen was fully equipped with all mod cons which was used to great advantage when we had a barbeque for fifteen people by the poolside on the Saturday night. The staff from the onsite Alcedo restaurant prepared and cooked the barbeque allowing us to relax by the poolside while entertaining our guests.

We will definitely be back next year

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed in January for 7 nights with my husband. The villa was just amazing with a perfect layout for a couple, great setting with views towards the rainforest, modern decoration, a great pool, very inviting bed and wonderful bathroom.
We ate at the restaurant most of the time, except for one time we were the only ones dining there as everyone seemed to dine in their villa, but the restaurant was splendid and the view...ooh just heavenly, looking out over the tree tops. The food was just delicious and staff most attentive

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louise S
Perth
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Definitely not luxury, my 4 day stay was meant to be the highlight of my trip, with some much needed R+R. Sadly this review is full of negatives. First thing you see is a dirty stream running in front of the hotel, that you cross to get to reception. On checkin received cool drink then reception took 100 US off my card, which apparently would be put back two weeks after checkout if I hadn’t used any mini bar! Two weeks is ridiculous, should be back in 24hrs.

Apparently I was “upgraded" to two bedroom suite, later I found out this was only because they’d double booked my one bedroom. Long walk to room through lovely gardens. Aircon not switched on so rooms were really hot when I arrived. Main bedroom up stairs, I chose the other room on ground floor. Within 5 mins of being in villa, a wasp was inside (they were living in the tree above pool) then I hurt my back getting out of pool, no steps!!! There were two precariously placed rocks in the pool instead of steps, which were so low down I had to drag myself out of the pool. When I stood on the rocks they wobbled & moved. Might be ok for a younger person, definitely not 5 star though!!! I had better at Park Regis, which was a quarter of the price. When I asked if they had any suites with steps going into pool, was told hotel was fully booked! (untrue villa’s on either side of me were empty) An hour later I was shown into the suite next door, which also had no steps, just loose stones. Apparently only the 4brm suite has steps into pool. Pool, like most in Bali, wasn’t very clean, lots of white floating things & dirt on floor + not very deep. Balcony from next door villas can see directly into second bedroom, and one villa could see directly into pool area therefore not private for nude bathing/sunning.

My room was filled with mosquitoes, even though staff sprayed room at night & I sprayed my body, I was woken twice in night by biting mozzies. Take strong repellant, natural stuff won’t work here (other parts of Bali ok) BUGS everywhere, even though they spray the room with chemicals, I read managers comment saying bugs are all over Bali, but not noticeable in the other villas/hotels I’ve stayed, they are VERY BAD at GK. Also lovely birds, butterflies, dragonflies flying around + lizards running over walls (very cute)

Wifi terrible, have to keep logging in each time device sleeps, or if you leave villa to go elsewhere in hotel. Connection very slow. When staff showed how to use room safe, he couldn’t open again.

Villa’s do look lovely but are quiet dated, stains on furniture & sheets; no soap holder in 2nd shower; amenities provided were cheap quality; very noisy aircon in bedroom, had to move to other room during the night as I couldn’t sleep, discovered turn down staff had locked this door to keep me out, so I needed to find key at 1am to open bedroom in my own villa; kitchen bin foot opener didn’t work, bin looked too dirty to open with hand; doors to 2nd bed didn’t lock properly, no security in that room; toilet button broken; no condiments provided, needed to call reception for pepper & soy sauce, took 10mins to deliver + called to say they would to deliver to upstairs (closer walk for staff), which is stupid considering downstairs is where kitchen/dining is & they knew I was in 2nd bedroom anyway. Fridge wasn’t cleaned, I found dried up greens + crumbs from previous tenants. Only 6 teabags provided, 2 of each type, no fresh milk only powdered, even 3 star hotels provide milk! Mugs hadn’t been cleaned properly. Slippers slide on floor, bruised my arm when my feet slipped.

Villa cars are old, seats covers cracked, was very hot when we left hotel, windows down all the way into Jimbaran letting in smoke & smell. Got picked up on time, but with other guests in car waiting for me, rather poor considering there were at least 7 other cars in villa carpark, combined pickup was lazy, unnecessary & lacking in privacy. Returned to my villa at 7:15 pm, it was totally dark inside with no villa number on door, got bit lost, turn down service happened at 8pm, too late considering when the sun sets. Room service menu very poor for vegetarian options.

Breakfast staff not welcoming, had to keep asking for top up of drinks. Not buffet style, you can order coffee, juice, breads, fruit & eggs or Indonesian style food. Coffee was awful, toast + omelette cold (although tasted nice), croissant stale. Not even real flowers on table, plastic ones. Again more mozzies biting my feet.

Called for pool chair cushions to be set up at 9:30am. Staff took opportunity to clean suite & asked to clean bedroom I was sitting in, I responded no, I wasn’t dressed properly, they came back 5 mins later & asked again! When I walked into main villa about half hour later, it was very hot, cleaning staff had turned off aircon!! I found the staff didn’t talk good english & had difficulties communicating, when I’ve stayed in Bali before I’ve had no problem communicating. Staff were courteous, not very friendly, unlike other places I was only addressed by name at checkin, otherwise I was a villa number! Enjoyed the fruit platter in room & was given a plate of sweets, not sure if everyone gets that, or just those who complain :-)

I wouldn’t call this luxury, or five star. It was a complete disappointment considering the reviews I’d read and my own expectations, maybe the other reviews were from a different universe?? After only one night of my stay, I booked elsewhere for the remaining three nights, big call for me due to cost, lost over $800 in rebooking, but knew I could stay somewhere better. Considering price, I would not recommend this place. Please note I've travelled in third world countries, camp out often + expect to rough it then, I'm not a princess, but I expected better from a so-called "luxury" resort.

No doubt the manager will say my review is inaccurate, like he has for other bad reviews, but I felt it was important for the public to know the truth.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you want luxury!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank feelingr00vy
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Luxury, tranquility, friendly staff are 3 words that best describe our stay at Gending Kedis loved it, the villa was pure luxury so peaceful felt like we were the only people there. The staff so friendly, happy and attentive.
We will return and highly recommend Gending Kedis.

• Stayed January 2014
Shellharbour, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This was my first time in Bali and my boyfriends second. He was skeptical about staying in jimbaran as it was a bit further away. We LOVED Gending Kedis. The staff are the most kind people I have met. Willing to do anything to make your stay amazing. They greet you by your name which makes you feel so comfortable and able to relax. They offer a shuttle service around jimbaran. We were able to go five minutes to neighbouring rock bar at Ayana and were picked up when we were finished.
The hotel room was stunning situated down the back. It was so quiet and beautiful.
The food was always spot on with great in villa service
An overall great place to stay and I would recommend to anyone. Thanks Gending Kedis

• Stayed February 2014