“Nice but servise needs to improve!”

Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Sydney, Australia
“Nice but servise needs to improve!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayd at Gending Kedis villa for 7 nights. Villa and location are nice. We were bit disapoitned in servise. It was our 6 time in Bali and so far this one was unfortunately the worst experience. Not all staff could speak english. Staff is nice its just unorganise and unsure of what is on the menu. First morning we didnt get what we ordered then we had to ask 3 times to bring missing items. Bread basked didnt arrived till 25 minues in our breky. Next day similar situation. So we decided to order breky to the villa. Tried order food over the phone? almost misson inposible. I Needed to spell out what i want to ordered very frustrating. And then they still missed few items from the order. We never complain but this time we did. Someone can say its a little thing you can overlook but i think holidays should go smothly for money we paid. Nice touch was that we didnt get charge for extra 1/2 day we stayed in villa coz our flight was at 11pm. Over all nice but the servise needs to imrove!

Room Tip: we stayed in villa Prima no 16. You dont get much if any sun next to pool coz its facing forest. On...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Zuzana26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at Gending Kedis for four nights at the beginning of our honeymoon. We had a wonderful stay. The staff were warm and friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We stayed in the Nuri villa, we had picked it because it was furtherest away and there were quite a number of steps, but that was welcome exercise for us! The villa was gorgeous, and I enjoyed swimming in the private pool. You could be seen by the villa above us if guests were on their balcony, not an issue as I found the 'hellos' from small Thai child cute!
The food in the hotel was excellent, we enjoyed breakfast every day. The food prices compared favourably with restaurants nearby and in Jimbaran Bay.
We went on a trip to Uluwatu Temple organised by the hotel, and that was lovely.
We had a massage in the spa and it was excellent.

Room Tip: The Nori villa, furtherest away, did feel mainly very private, and there was a jungle backdrop.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I arrived at this resort to a smiling and welcoming reception from the staff. Nice start. I was taken to my villa which was compared to a hotel room was quite considerable but lovely, the foliage/fauna on the walk was refreshing. My villa was at the bottom of the estate which meant an 81 step climb back to reception/breakfast/pool. I am 68 but didn't find it as daunting as I expected. The main reason for this was that there was no need to rush. Not even for breakfast. You can have breakfast at 3/4 pm if you want! This resort can make you lazy, the free shuttle encourages this, it takes you to the beach club/supermarket/bar/main town. It would wait on me while I shopped in the supermarket then take me back, very convenient. I don't how I looked on the 2nd morning for breakfast but I was offered another villa (2 bedroomed) which was just a short walk from the main pool. I readily accepted. The villas are really lovely and comfortable. The standard of cleanliness is quite exceptional, both in the villas and the resort. All the staff know who you are and call you Mr/Ms/Miss (name). I only ate breakfast which was always lovely. The board outside the main restaurant quoted a price which doesn't make it clear if it is for a couple or for one person. My villa was so private and relaxing. It was like a home you would love to own in the tropics. Your pool, I found to be a little cold for my tastes but all the other guests I spoke to found it refreshing from the heat. The air conditioning in the villas was superb. I like a cold interior and that is what I got. The bed and bed linen were really comfortable. I really slept well here. This was my 2nd villa resort that I stayed in Bali and the difference was night and day. This resort I would most definitely return to. The staff are lovely, (terrific Barber), the accommodation is great and the location (to me) was great. It was quiet and relaxing. Just what I wanted. The only downside was that the staff would disturb my tranquility to carry out their duties, I.e. turn bed down, take subbed mattresses in etc. Woke a couple of times though. In have stayed in about 10/11 5* hotels in the last 14 weeks, this is in the top 3 easily. Prior to arriving at this resort, I had read some negative reviews regarding the difficulty of getting into your private pool, the distance to your villa. And it looking dated. As a person who has cicumnavigated the planet 3 times now, plus accumulated by ears in South America,Middle East, I spent 17 nights of relaxed pleasure in this resort. 68 I might be but I know pleasure when it happens. Recommend it to any traveller. Tourist. I don't know what they expect!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank John G
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We recently stayed 5 nights here and if I'm honest, that was long enough. We stayed in a one bedroom villa with a pool which was split across two levels - living and dining at the top with bedroom and pool downstairs. Unfortunately our villa was right at the bottom so we had to go up and down I think 6 full flights of stairs to get to our villa. Fine going down but going up to breakfast always left us hot. The villas are nice enough however there were a few maintenance issues. The shower doesn't drain properly and will overflow after a minute or so into the bathroom. The toilet always requires a second flush. TV reception is terrible. The pool is great once you get in but there are no stairs! You have to jump in completely and then lift yourself out afterwards. It's quite a challenge if you're short and when the water is on the cold side you are hesitant to take the full plunge! Couple of beach towels we had were stained. The food at Gending isn't the best. The local food is the best so stick with that. Breakfast is very generous and lovely by the pool. Dinner is a ghost town so perhaps go out for tea. On he plus side, the villa is very quiet and private and the staff are very friendly. One last thing that bothered us was upon checking out they miscalculated our bill (left the tax off) and as a result we had to make two transactions on our card which cost us extra in credit card charges. Also, just be aware that airport transfers means one way... They will pick you up but you need to pay approx. US$28 to get to the airport which we weren't expecting. Overall, I think you do get what you pay for and with a bit of maintenance this place could be great.

Room Tip: Request a villa with stairs to the pool
1 Thank Andi C
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After 50 years of marriage bliss, my wife and I decided to take our 4th trip to Bali to celebrate our anniversary. On previous trips to Bali we have always stayed at Kuta. This time we decided to stay somewhere a little quieter. Hence our stay at Gending Kedis at Jimbaran. On our arrival, we were informed that we were to be upgraded from a one to a 2 bedroom villa. On the second day of our holiday, our Executive Chef Abdul, took us to a local fish market where we selected some fresh seafood which we took back to the Villas. Abdul took us into his kitchen and with his talented staff prepared the food and gave us a cooking lesson, before we sat down in the restaurant and devoured a wonderful seafood platter for two. On the night of our anniversary, we were surprised when we escorted to our Moroccan style table and a waiter and waitress (dressed in traditional costume) served us up one of the most delicious meal we have had in our 50 years of marriage. Sadly, we only had one week at the Villas, however it was a week to remember. To the Owner Douglas and the rest of the staff we send our sincere thanks for making us feel so special on our momentous occasion. Gending Kedis comes highly recommended Ernie and Carol Swanson ......

1 Thank Swano3
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed for 7 nights in Villa 15. When we arrived our first impression was WOW and wow it was. The villa was extremely spacious. It consisted of 2 levels with the top level being the main living area and bedroom. The below level was an enormous outdoor lounge area/kitchen another bedroom/bathroom and gorgeous pool. The villas were very well kept and the staff in the resort were amazing. The only issue with this villa was that you had to go down alot of stairs to access it, not suitable for small children, eldering, disabled etc. The villa provided a free shuttle service to Jimbaran Bay Town which is where all the restaurants are located. Overall, I would definately stay here again and would certainly recommend Villa 15 - Amazing!

Jimbaran Bay is very quiet, so not recommended if you want to do alot of shopping and partying.

Room Tip: There are MANY stairs leading to the below villas, therefore not suitable for small children, elderl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked a one bedroom villa and were allocated a two bedroom villa - with one bedroom closed off. The accommodation was spacious and of high quality - bedroom, and dining lounge area with generous private "splash pool" - not sure how large but long enough to get in a few strokes. (There is also a much larger general access pool for all guests.)

The villa also included a large kitchen with water cooler (great feature - all the drinking water you needed without the hassle of having to get more bottles), microwave, coffee and tea making facilities, crockery and saucepans etc but, oddly, no hotplate or oven (not that we missed the cooking facilities - indeed their omission was seen as a definite plus by at least one of us).

Staff were just great throughout the venue (at front desk, housekeeping, restaurant, and drivers- all were professional, friendly, efficient).

There is a central restaurant for breakfast and other meals at the Villa. Quality of food was just fine. The breakfast was table service (which meant food was delivered freshly made up) and very generous. Dinner was fine, but there are some seriously good restaurants in Jimbaran and we tended to eat out.

The Villa provides a free shuttle service to anywhere in Jimbaran Bay.... where you want when you want - if all the cars are out and about you may have to wait 5 or 10 minutes till one returns. So rides to beach and restaurants in the area, and pick up afterwards are provided. This is a wonderful service and adds greatly to the attractiveness of this venue and the enjoyment of our holiday.

The villa is a 10-15 minute walk to the beach on a road that can be busy for some parts. We often walked, but not something you would want to do with kids.

All in all, for our needs it was just great. If we go back to Jimbaran we will certainly stay here - if we can get a booking after all the good reviews.

Paul and Carolyn