“Wonderful Place and People!!!”

Jimbaran Cliffs Private Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 94 Jimbaran B&B and Inns
oz
“Wonderful Place and People!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Thank you to all of the gorgeous staff, you were ALL fabulous, always smiling, extremely professional and very helpful!! Plus the hotel itself - gorgeous also! If you dig deep you'll find a complaint or two by people who didn't research well enough and didn't know this hotel is not right on the beach and is NOT in the middle of the NOISY touristy areas (I stayed one night at the actual Jimbaran beach area - WAY too noisy down there for me), so being up on the hill (beautiful view, STUNNING sunsets!!) and a short taxi ride away from everything was actually a big plus for me! Also, not as expensive as the more touristy/beach area ones either, so I could afford to splurge on a private pool villa!! Taxi's are plentiful, good aircon, friendly drivers and super cheap. This hotel is very close to all of the various touristy beaches, eateries and shopping areas Sth Bali has to offer, I visited a different one every morning, Benoa, Nusa Dua, Kuta, Seminyak, Jimbaran etc which was nice, but was always very glad to be getting back to my little peaceful, private slice of paradise each lunch time, HEAVEN!! Great shower/bathroom area, clean fresh smelling towels, SUPER comfy HUGE beds and the pool was sparkling and just the perfect temp for a refreshing dip - then back to the comfy loungers for another read and an ice cold drink! BIG fridge, plenty of ice (I took an extra ice tray from home to ensure this!) and set to really cold - just how I like it! Room service so fast and amazing value (no idea about that ladies $10 nachos review - everything I ordered was incredibly cheap!), I was pleasantly surprised that the burger was so good, (remember we're in Indonesia after all..YAY!), actually the best burger I think I've ever had!! That said, I preferred to more often order things like Satay, Gado Gado, Noodles, Chicken Rice etc - all REALLY DELICIOUS and good sized serves. The staff are brilliant when it comes to ensuring your sense of privacy while at the same time maintaining timely cleaning services, a nice clean pool, bathroom, room and bed everyday, plus it was so thoughtful that they would call in the early evening to ask if I wanted a turndown service, then the room would be transformed to warm, evening mood lighting, slippers popped out, pillow fluffed and sheets turned down, so spoilt!! I met the lovely Yudi (the owner, as I was eyeing off another area one day!) - she kindly invited me in, introduced me to her family and gave me a tour through the penthouse suite, WOW!! Great for larger groups and that would make this place super value if you were slitting the bill, and what a view!! I really can't say enough good things about this lovely place and the friendly efficient staff!! I was on my own for 5 nights until my partner joined me for the 6th night (then a trip up the east coast - amazing!), and I felt totally relaxed,safe and at home here on my own, the time flew, a great recharge! I felt completely indulgent and was 110% happy with everything this wonderful pool villa has to offer - no wonder they've won the Tripadvisor award, congrats to you all, I hope to see you all again SOON! :)
PS they must have purchased a new TV set up as there were a ridiculous amount of channels not just 10 as someone mentioned, reception was good - but I had it on one of the many radio settings most of the time, who needs TV on hols!

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the cliff view rooms, lots of sun and amazing sunsets!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
South Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This resort was just perfect. We had plans to explore Nusa Dua from this place, but it was so nice we just stayed in for the two nights. We had a cliff edge pool room and would definately pick that one again. It was complete privacy, luxury and tranquility. The staff are lovely and we had room service for no extra cost making us feel very pampered. We met Peter, the owner and his lovely wife and daughter, who could tell us a few more places to visit next time we come to Bali. We would definately stay there again

Room Tip: A cliff edge room offers complete privacy and unobstucted jungle views to the coast line in the far...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Had the best getaway, not long enough. It was secluded, private and total bliss. Staff were amazing, food was great, always fresh. Bed, plunge pool and facilities were wonderful. Did a day trip to Ubud with a driver and it was lovely, a big day but worth it. Enjoyed Jimbaran beach for tea that was recommended by staff, who orgainised free transport. Can not wait to return.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This place is a peaceful haven in a very busy island. Our private pool villa looked out to the jungle below and included a bale for lounging. The room was very big and comfortable with a kitchenette and large fridge, but lacked true style, particularly compromised by the use of white fluoro lighting. The large semi-open air bathroom worked well, except that taking a shower or bath in the rain included rainwater splashes as the roof does not extend quite far enough. The food was OK and it's easy to get a taxi to anywhere. The complimentary airport pick up and drop off was much appreciated, and is only about a 20 minute ride. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2012
7 Thank Susan H
Auckland NZ
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Really enjoyed the privacy and quietness here. I first stayed at the end of April and then returned in May for my last few days in Bali. Very relaxing with own infinity plunge pool and sun cabana. I travelled alone wanting some peace and quiet and this place was perfect. It was a way from everywhere but cheap Taxi rides to Kuta, Nusa Dua, Ubud etc if you wanted an outing. The place isnt really on the cliff, more a small hill quite a way from the beach (you can see the sea and Airport far in the distance). The views are really of Bali suburbia which I dont mind at all but reading other reviews many people appear to be expecting clifftop views and this isnt the case.

I stayed in two rooms - room 104 which was very private and didnt have a view (rooftop of next villa added extra privacy I felt, so I was quite happy). And room 101(clifftop) which had the view over the little farm paddock and suburbs. They were both lovely, well appointed rooms and serviced really well.
The staff are really friendly and I found the food and service really good.
I had a great relaxing time here and really enjoyed the privacy, my own wee pool and cabana. My only wee gripe was the cleanliness of the cabana pillows, mattress and the cabana privacy curtains. These were stained and felt a bit grimy so I think its time they were replaced, one of the cushions had the zip broken and you could clearly see the insert was mildrew stained. I always used a beach towel on top when using the cabana.
Overall I had a great stay and would return again, very relaxing and good value for miney.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank KellsfromAk
anglesea
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

I am sitting on the daybed with my husband on a glorious Bali day enjoying the sounds of dogs and roosters the occasional jet flying by.as we relax and work our way through the trip advisor just to see what the rest of the privileged world think of the place and alas I stumble on the novella titled on a shoestring.i too run a business for tourist trade and it never ceases to amaze me what people complain about.my parents taught me to be gracious and courteous and to give people the benefit of the doubt.but alas it seems that not all parents have the same attitude.it would have been appropriate and polite of the complainer to give the owners of this marvelous place some feedback in confidence rather than to be publicly scathing in their criticism.my advice to this very rude and disrespectful person would be to stay home and never never venture out of their incredibly clean,quiet,tastefully decorated room,leave the holier than thou parental advice at home and never ever ever travel again. We love it here on our fifth visit to Bali and we love soto Ayam so roosters are important and if I were a rooster and heard you were coming I would crow like crazy just to annoy you. Thank you jimbaran cliffs for your hospitality kindness and for being so fabulous.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank saraAnglesea
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We are just back from a 5 night stay at Jimbaran Cliffs Private Hotel and Spa. I absolutely loved it and did not want to leave! The staff are so, so friendly and helpful and their attention to detail is noticeable from the cleanliness of the suites, the evening turndown service and the presentation of the food and drinks.
We stayed in a cliff edge suite, and it was paradise. We loved our pool and gazebo and spent many hours simply relaxing in the sun. The only noise to be heard were the farm animals which wandered around on the land below our suite. The suite consisted of a large, comfortable bed, sofa, table and chairs, kitchen, walk in wardrobe, his n hers sinks, an outdoor bathroom area and our pool, sun loungers and gazebo. We couldn't have asked for more.

We ate both lunch and dinner in the hotel most days. The food was very tasty and well priced. (Try the spring rolls and noodles!!) The hotel also has an extensive cocktail menu which are made to perfection.

The hotel is in a very secluded area (but that's the beauty of it!) and is not in walking distance to any towns but taxis are very cheap and can be ordered and arrive within 10 minutes. My only comment would be that better road signage is required as many taxi drivers did not know where the hotel was located.

We also availed of some spa treatments. The spa has an extensive range of treatments on its menu. My boyfriend had a massage which was very good and I opted for a manicure/pedicure along with a hair treatment. I was disappointed with the quality my treatments - the spa is not properly set up for the treatments I had. I would recommend that future guests stick only with the massages as the spa area is only set up to cater for these treatments. Treatments are also more expensive that in Kuta area. The spa area is my only negative on what was otherwise an amazing stay at this hotel. I would recommend Jimbaran Cliffs without hesitation and hope to return again in the future.

Room Tip: Go for the Cliff Edge Suite - you will not be disappointed with the view!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cailinnagaillimhe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
#12 of 35 in Canggu
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 57 in Jimbaran

Been to Jimbaran Cliffs Private Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!