“Scenic view, good drinks”
Review of Rock Bar

Rock Bar
Ranked #15 of 251 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on natural rocks 14 meters above the Indian Ocean at the base of AYANA Resort and Spa BALI's towering cliffs, this innovative open-top Bali bar is the island's most glam sunset and after-dark destination. Soak up the chic ambiance and superstar views as the rhythm of the spot-lit ocean merges with the funky tunes vibing from the DJ booth carved into the cliff-face. Discover Rock Bar's love affair with the sea Rock Bar's new 'Rock Bar Seafood Dinner' invites you to stay after sunset, enjoying premier Mediterranean cuisine beneath the stars. For your dining pleasure, our chefs hand select the freshest deep sea fish and shellfish to create mouth-watering dishes that include king prawns, sardines, calamari, swordfish and lobster. Rock Bar's intimate after-dark experience begins every evening at 7pm, complemented by soothing nu-disco inspired tunes and artisan crafted cocktails prepared with delicious tropical fruit juices and spices. Rock Bar's expansive setting welcomes romantic evenings for two as well as lively private events for up to 880. DRESS CODE Smart attire is required at ALL times. No singlets, board-shorts, alcohol-branded attire will be permitted. In adherence to security measures, backpacks are also not allowed at Rock Bar. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scenic view, good drinks”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

While staying at Ayana we tried Rock Bar. Because we were guests of the hotel we had no problem to catch a table first row, provided you dine there. O.K. food, good cocktails. Mind that because this place is kind of big attraction it is being flooded by guests from outside before and during sunset.

• Visited May 2014

• Vietnamese first
Calgary, Canada
“Over rated”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Heard all about the rock bar and how cool it was. First would not take reservations. So stood in melting heat in line for over a hour. Next get seated and served by incompetent staff. Then paid expensive bill for a lack luster experience. Save your money and go somewhere else. Way more to see in Bali.

• Visited May 2014
6 Thank Twlu
AYANARESORT, Director of Food and Beverage at Rock Bar, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear ‘Twlu’,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after visiting Rock Bar.

I do understand your concerns regarding our no-reservations policy as we do provide Priority Access for in-house guests of AYANA and RIMBA hotels. I apologize that after such a long wait, the service was not up to your expectations. I will share your feedback with the team so we can improve our service. I would also like to share with you that we now can take reservations for our Private Deck area which accommodates up to 8 people.

I hope to welcome you back for a better experience in the future, or I suggest an alternative venue for sunset at UNIQUE Rooftop Bar at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali, which does allow reservations and is also open for dinner.

Best regards,

Manik Sudharsana
Director of Food and Beverage
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Stunning Place..”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Rock Bar offers stunning view especially during Sunset time. The staffs are really helpful and they are able to customize the drinks to meet in guest requirement.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth E
Dear ‘Elizabeth E’,

I’m honored to hear that our service, views and drinks met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Best regards,

Manik Sudharsana
Director of Food and Beverage
Bali, Indonesia
“Terrible service rude staff”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Everyone has raved on about rock bar for years. So being on my fifth trip to bali I thought I'd check it out. Was stopped in the car on the way in and told my partners singlet was not allowed. So we went to the gift shop purchased a $30 t shirt and continued down to the lift. Upon arrival at the lift there was a bus load of Chinese being abruptly loud. ( not the ambient vibe I was expecting) the staff told us we could walk down instead of waiting 30 mins for the lift. So we walked down, hot sweating. My partner forced into wearing his new $30 black t shirt was dripping in sweat when we arrived at rock bar the staff looked us up and down and were incredibly rude, there is NO shade despite them handing out awkward umbrellas to hold? You cannot use the pool and it is extremely pretentious. Safe to say we walked straight back out and did not even order a drink.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Shauna B
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Staff were terrible, seems over rated”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We rocked up to Rock Bar after a wonderful day out at Penang Penang Beach. I was wearing a playsuit I had just bought and my Husband was in his footy short and bintang singlet like any Aussie bloke would be on a day out. The lady approached us in line and said that bintang singlets were not allowed, we thought that was semi acceptable so went and bought a $15 Bali shirt from the local store. However when we returned to the line the man stopped us to say you also were not allowed to weat footy shorts, why we were not told this earlier beats me as we would have saved our money and not bothered, Now we had a useless shirt and still no way of getting in. So we settled at the nearby restaurant and watched all the people go in and out. The wait seemed a bit ridiculous for the 30 mins or so spent down there and the priority queue gets to go ahead of every other joe blow. The food at the place near by was tasteless and left us feeling ill the next day. Would not recommend this resort to anyone it is over priced and over rated and the service from the staff was terrible.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 2014Ray92

Been to Rock Bar? Share your experiences!