“Perfect if surfing is your main priority!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jimbaran
Wave Guru Bali Surf Camp
Reviewed 8 May 2014

In short, Wave Guru Bali is incredible if you have come to Bali to improve your surfing or just score sick waves.

I won't be reviewing the surf. Although it is definitively world class, it would be even without Nick (the host/main waveguru) and the rest of the Wave Guru team. HOWEVER, the local knowledge and dedication to finding the best conditions suited to your skills is second to none at Wave Guru! Nick and the others always found the best spots, meaning good waves, suitable in size, with minimal crowds. During my two weeks, swells ranged from almost flat to 10 feet. We still had two or three sessions every day ranging from fun-sized walls to tear-inducing testicle-shrinking barrels. Your limits in the water will most likely be tested, but not overstepped.

Accomodation is all you need, but not super luxurious. It is basically a very nice homestay, where the guests have the second floor of a large villa to themselves. Rooms are spacious and clean. You will have to share the bathroom with other guests, but this was never a problem. I got the fan room. If you are not on a budget, go AC. It is incredibly hot in Bali, and a good night's sleep is essential to get the most out of the Wave Guru stay.

It is true that the Villa is kind of far from restaurants, nightlife etc. This won't be to much of a problem, as you will be so surfed out in the afternoon that you will likely just want to relax in the house. Also, the location means it is close to surf breaks on both the east and west coast of Bali. If I wanted to go into town, get a massage or anything else, the staff would always be helpful and give me a lift or get me a taxi (takes about 15 minutes to Kuta).

I had a great time at Wave Guru Bali. The staff is cool and friendly, and I had the best surf of my life. I can happily recommend this place to anyone, but fair warning: This is for people who want to surf, and then surf some more!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Aksel B

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I looked around for quite a while to find a place to stay/access to good surf. Wave Guru is a 'surfers camp', not a hotel, and everything is geared around finding and riding the best waves. Nick is a super-enthusiastic host, knowledgeable about all the breaks and keen to deliver the best waves to the guests. Two surfs every day, great food and hospitality courtesy of Denty (Nick's wife, and an awesome cook), and a relaxed upstairs space for chilling out. Cold beers in the fridge and lots of balcony space to relax between surfs. Monday night bbq a definite highlight! I really enjoyed the welcome, and I look forward very much to a return visit. Hard to know what could be better really -great job, Denty and Nick. Thanks for my stay (and Denty, thanks again for the airport run).

Very highly recommended!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JohnCS55
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Keen to find the best waves everyday - you have found the ultimate destination. Wave guru Bali exceeded all my expectations everything was incredible i really cant fault my trip there is nothing they can do to improve, im already planning my next visit, you would be crazy not to check this place out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fabienneeeee
Reviewed 9 April 2014

What a place.......we 2 old [er] gents early1980s indo travelers.......had become disillusioned to what Kuta-legion had become and vowed never to return to the island of the gods, until we found Wave Guru Bali reviews on tripadvisor.

Nestled between Nusa Dua and kuta madness at the base of Jjimbaran Hill is the Wave Guru Bali homestay , a huge 2 storey home situated in a quite Balinese village atmosphere, peacefull and tranquil.

~~~ ~~~ Waveguru Bali is the best value surf accomodation in Indonesia ~~~ ~~~

Clean air cond rooms,
fantastic food,
fast FREE internet,
Gourmet sunday with chef Nick Brown seafood BBQ is awesome
icy cold beer
free airport pick up - drop off
Wicked coffee
2 breakfasts daily
2 guided daily surf trips in a air cond car early morning and arvo gets you to the best places on the best tides with the most amount of swell ,Nicks 15 years of local knowledge is a plus plus
surf~ chill~ surf~ eat~ drink beer and laugh~~~~~~~~ always fun times at waveguru ~~~~
Nick and his wife Dee and sons Maxie and Zander are your perfect hosts....the homestay of homestays

Mick , Stixie and Adolf j.b. - February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mick B
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The Wave Guru Surfcamp in Bali is definitely the best and most unique place to stay, a good time and an awesome surf is guaranteed! You are always searching for the best waves and going to the best spots, with the least people possible. Nick just gets as excited about good waves as you would and he knows this area by heart, living there for 14 years. I had the greatest time there and could have stayed for way longer, but the next trip is already planed :)
Anyone who is looking for a chilled out atmosphere, good surf, great people, amazing food and an overall good time, should check it out. You're in the right place if you are looking for challenges, I could definitely enjoy all of that!
Thanks Dee & Nick, I'll be back soon!
Cheers,
Selina

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Selina K
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our week in Bali will remain forever as one of the most fun and unforgettable trips we have ever made, and this is not only because of the lovely island, but also because me and my boyfriend were lucky to be guests of Nick and Dee. Literally every minute of our stay was a colourful and exciting experience. The Wave Guru house is a lovely, big, super relaxed place, perfect to chill out. And all the nice things the other reviewers said about Nick and the amazing surf spots he brings his guests to, are true. So instead of repeating again how much fun is to go for a surf with him, I will add few more things which others might have missed to mention, like:
- the way Nick drives is as close as one can get to teleportation. No kidding!
- the early morning coffee Nick makes can wake up a dead person and make him go surfing
- the funny stories around the table - "the chicken next door" is one of my all time favourite.
In short - Wave Guru is definitely part of the "Bali experience". Don't miss it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Diana K
Reviewed 29 August 2013

If you are looking for the perfect place to enjoy surfing and a mind break, there is your place.
I have been travelling a lot and i am not kidding this place just took my top list position. You will see all the different wonderfull surf spot Bali has to offer in a good mood at anytime of the day!!

Nick is a wonderfull person i miss already for his good mood, his skills, his ocean knowledge and more that i hope you will discover! Just listen to him, he knows where to be to get your wave! Thanks Bro i had one of the best times of my life so far.
Dee, his wife will be your Mummy, so paying attention about your wellness anytimes, and cooking very nice meals and cakes everyday. I was on a diet for sport, damn couldnt stop eating!! You will be the Indonesian MasterChef:)

I hope you will make the right choice and choose the GuruWave Camp as it has nothing to envy to all the one you might find on the beach.
Just do it you wont regret!

Keep it real guys, i miss you!

Alex

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Wave House - Surf Camp
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Watermark Hotel & Spa Bali
Watermark Hotel & Spa Bali
#1 of 4 in Kedonganan

Been to Wave Guru Bali Surf Camp? Share your experiences!