“Amazing Room!!!”

Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane
Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I've good experience in kupu-kupu jimbaran hotel, they have beautiful room especially muaya type very nice :). This hotel have big room with 2 floors and have complete facility room. This place very quiet from noise. Suit for honeymoon.

Room Tip: Choice for muaya room! and all room very quite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear Prima U,

Thank you very much for your comments about Kupu Kupu Jimbaran. As you wrote, we are very popular with honeymooners looking for a unique and comfortable hotel during their stay in Bali...

We all hope to see you again in Jimbaran soon...

There are newer reviews for Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane

Reviewed 26 April 2013

This hotel is great value for money compared to most other hotels in the area. The entrance is a bit dark, and not very welcoming, we would suggest having more light in the reception area. The location is very good as it is situated above a shopping mall and within walking distance to the beach. The beach club is fantastic for watching the sun go down over Jimbaran Bay as it is raised from the beach and you can observe all the action without being harassed to buy anything. the loungers are comfortable and if you don't want to walk there is a free goft cart shuttle. The manager of the hotel Pande is really nice, but the other staff seem a bit unorganized though still nice. The rooms are nicely decorated in Balinese style with great open bathrooms. We stayed in both styles of rooms and actually preferred the cheaper one for aspect. One suggestion would be to have more tea selection in the rooms. The pool is very nice and there are always enough loungers around it. Breakfast was delicious, the Chocolate cafe has the best pastries around. Dinner was not that great at the same place, we had vietnamese rolls which were falling apart and another dish which was bland. Definitely go to Chocolate Cafe for sweets and drinks but nothing else.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Dear ManuelaMarco,

Thank you very much for your stay in Kupu Kupu Jimbaran and for your review of the hotel.

I took notes of your comments about improvements and I will submit them to the owner, in particular regarding the lighting in the lobby area, the tea in the rooms and the number of sunbeds in the swimming pool.

I think that you are correct to say that Chocolate Café has the best cakes and pastries around Jimbaran, though I am sorry that you didn't feel the same way about our other food. I wish that you could come again to try it as I'm sure we could make you change your mind.

I am also sorry that you found our staff to be unorganized. I will certainly continue to work hard to train them and to improve our services.

We hope to see you again in Kupu Kupu Jimbaran soon. if you do, don't forget to book directly with us by email to enjoy our best rates and packages: reservation@kupujimbaran.com.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

KupuKupu has excellent service, the reception try their best to fill the guest's wishes. I have normally sleep problem in a strange place, but not in KupuKupu, the mattress is very comfortable, and I had the best sleep during my trip in Bali. The free cafe in the afternoon is very warm hearted and the cakes taste good. Recomment. Unfortunately the beach club is not so private as we expected. But the sunset is amazing... ...

Room Tip: The room with pool view is nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Stabilo3003,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our hotel! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you slept so well!

Regarding the beach club, it is true that it is open to the public, but only hotel guests have access to its facilities for free. Our guests can also enjoy complimentary use of our body boards, games, shower, etc...

We hope to see you again soon in Kupu Kupu. If you wish to book again with us, do not hesitate to send us a mail directly at reservation@kupujimbaran.com to benefit from our best available rates and packages.

Best regards from Jimbaran,

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stayed 2 nights and I was very pleased with the room. We stayed in uluwatu suite and it is gorgeous with very spacious room. Bathtub was situated nicely in the bathroom area though the basin area was a little low for my boyfriend when he needed to wash his face as he's rather tall.

The mattress was amazingly comfortable! We had a very big mattress and at some point we were so far from each other =p everytime I returned to the room, we couldn't wait to just dive in the fluffy mattress.

Kupu kupu would be nice if there weren't any kids making noises. The serenity and tranquality sometimes are important. Just pointing out some suggestions.

We would love to come back as we are happy with the room given and the photos provided by kupu kupu jimbaran are exactly the same! We are a happy customers.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear BethKiss2012,

Thanks a lot for your review of our hotels and for all the positive points you mention!

We are sorry that you were inconvenienced by the noise of children. Our clients are usually mostly couples and honeymooners but we are also welcoming families in one of our 2 family suites. If the noise of other guests becomes a disturbance, we are always happy to communicate with them to improve the situation. I believe such disturbance are extremely rare and I would like to apologize again if this caused you any trouble.

As you live in Singapore, we hope that we will see you again soon in Bali!. If so, please do not hesitate to send us an email directly at reservation@kupujimbaran.com to enjoy our best rates and offers.

Best regards from Jimbaran,

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I love the hotel, it is unique and comfortable. I stayed in the Muaya Duplex Suite with the living hall and toilet on the ground floor and the bed on the second floor. I love the room and the swimming pool. However the aircond is slightly warm because the room is too big. Take note that the toiletries are no longer by L'occitane. The management responded immediately when I complained to them that their website still imply that they use L'occitane products. I was offered an hour of massage at the Bamboo spa for me and my partner. The massage is great and I felt very pampered at every detail. It was a pity that I fell very sick during the night of my stay and I couldn't enjoy the room to the fullest. The pharmacy that is located in the hotel building (the small mall) came in handy and I'm able to get medicine immediately. The food at the hotel is a slight disapoointment though, looks great but does not taste quite as good as it looks. Walk to the beach is a bit far, but buggy is provided.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Seeyumi,

Thank you very much for your review of Kupu Kupu Jimbaran! We are all happy that you stay with us went well, and we hope to see you again soon in Jimbaran... We are sorry that you were sick during part of your stay though.

It is true that our hotel is unique, combining the best features between a resort and a city hotel. We have beautiful rooms, only 5 minutes from the beach, and still there are 5 restaurants, 15 boutiques and one of Bali's best spas within our building.

I took note of your remarks regarding the aircon and the food. I discussed the issues with the corresponding Head of Department and we will do our best to improve on those points.

If you would like to come back to Kupu Kupu, please send us an email directly at reservation@kupujimbaran.com to enjoy our best rates and offers!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

For the price you pay (through hotels.com) this is quite the good deal!

The boutique hotel is located above Jimbaran Corner shopping centre and is cute. Don't freak out, Kupu Kupu is not above a monstrous shopping mall, but a small one.

Most of the rooms are located around the central pool area and are two-floor units. Meaning spacious. The layout perhaps is not the best for the living room / bathroom is downstairs and the bedroom upstairs. At least that was the layout of our duplex. So at night when you have to go to the bathroom, you really have to watch it that you don't trip down the stairs. But the design works, although the rooms are a bit dark.

According to the pictures on their website, it seems that some rooms do have the bedroom and bathroom downstairs and living room upstairs. So I presume different layouts exist,

My in-laws were moved to the Balangan suite, which is on a single-floor and that seemed more appropriate for them, so as to avoid the stairs.

Breakfast is at one of the restaurants downstairs, in the mall, and was decent.

Although the hotel is not on the beach, they provide a buggy service to Jimbaran beach which is 5 minutes away. You can actually walk for it's just down the road. The Jimbaran Beach Club belongs to the same owners so you can get an umbrella and sun bed there, as well as have a great meal. Sunsets are stunning!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the bathroom and bedroom on the same floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bojantercon

Dear Bojantercon,

Thank you for your review and for your detailed description of our hotel!

You are correct to say that we have different layouts for our rooms (Bedroom upstairs or downstairs) and we always do our best to accommodate the guests. Next time you book with us, don't hesitate to send an email first and we will make sure that you are getting the room you need (reservation@kupujimbaran.com).

Regarding our value for money, we recommend to everyone to book directly to us by email to get even better rates and offers. Depending on your length of stay and the time of the year, we are happy to offer extra services and additional discounts for those direct bookings.

Hoping to see you again in Bali soon,

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Stayed for 2 nights here. I booked Uluwatu room, but I got a bigger room with the pool view terrace. The room was clean and spacious. It looked exactly like photos. The shampoo and the body soap were in the glass bottles and it was difficult to use. Other amenities were fine.
The attached terrace has the sun bed which is really nice lying there for reading.
It is true that you can hear street traffic as the hotel is on top of the shopping centre, but it is not that bad. I come to Bali often, not for the beach, more for me to enjoy local food and atmosphere. If you are expecting the beach resort, you should consider other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank ManngaDua
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Dear ManngaDua,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback about our hotel!

I agree with you: We are not a typical beach resort as those that can be found in Nusa Dua for instance. We are more small and intimate: Only 28-rooms in one single building. I believe what makes us unique is also that we are in-between a city hotel and a resort:

We have the convenience of shops, restaurants and easy access to transportation, while having a true holiday vibe with beautiful rooms and easy access to our beach club on Jimbaran bay.

The atmosphere in Jimbaran is also more authentic I believe, and we are rather close from all attractions in South Bali (including the airport).

If you wish to stay with us again, it is best to book directly with us through email, phone or on our own website. You'll get our best rates and special offers.

Warmest regards from Bali,