“Beautiful Place, Wonderful Service”

Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I checked into this surprisingly lovely oasis on a hot afternoon. I was greeted with smiles, an efficient check in, a cool drink, and a helpful tour of the hotel, the services available to me (free breakfast and free afternoon tea), and an introduction to my suite, the mini bar, how to get a towel for the pool, and more. Water, tea, coffee and a small basket of fruit were provided as a welcome.

My room was quiet, clean and big! Lovely shower and a tub. I've been living in Bali for 9 months so a tub is exciting! Wood panelling, soft lighting,y own deck, good tv. The only problem was the wifi, but to be honest, I don't need to be online more, especially during a holiday.

The pool area was quiet and I was the only one for a while. The pool is long and narrow and perfect for a quick dip to cool off.

I was so pleased with my stay here. I would absolutely recommend it to friends traveling to Jimbaran, Bali.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Jenny L,

We greatly appreciate the TA post of your recent stay at the resort, thank you so much for the glowing endorsement of the hotel.

Indeed, our roof top pool does provide an excellent level of luxury and seclusion in what as I can only agree with you is a blissful environment to relax. And the rooms are perfectly designed to suit your need yet give you enough space to pamper yourself.

Our team member here in Kupu Kupu Jimbaran aspire to create memorable experiences which we certainly hope we were able to during your stay and to ensure all of your need is fulfilled and

Thanks once again for taking the time to express your feelings about us and looking forward to welcoming you back and your family/friends here at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran

With very best regards,

Hera and Your Kupu Kupu Jimbaran Team

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My family and I stayed in Kupu Kupu Jimbaran hotel for 4 days 3 nights in Dec 2013. It was a nice hotel. The staffs were friendly and helpful. I booked two rooms. The rooms were big and spacious. The beds were comfortable and soft. It is not really suitable for small kids to stay because there are no kids facilities but my 2 kids still enjoy it. My kids enjoy playing inside the pool. The unique part about this hotel is the pool is at the rooftop. It let me feel the sense of privacy to enjoy and relax at the pool with my family. My whole family enjoyed the breakfast and the tea-time provided by the hotel. The breakfast were very nice and tasty but limited varieties. It would be good to have more choices for guest to choose from. Oh.... nearly forgot, the hotel has a club near the Jimbaran beach. You can take the buggy provided by the hotel to go to the Jimbaran beach. The scenery is beautiful there. The journey from the hotel to the shopping area Kuta is about 10mins taxi ride.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank D1974soh

Dear D1974soh,

Thank you very much for your post on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us with your family here at the Kupu Kupu Jimbaran, and it was a pleasure to read your glowing review about us and I have passed on your feedback to the entire team .

We are looking forward to welcoming you and family back whenever the opportunity arises for you to stay with us again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much in Kupu Kupu. The staff is very friendly and Welcoming. The rooms are nice as they have two floors with the bedroom on top. The room are also very nicely decorated. You just need to realize that you are on top of a building which means there is no garden to walk around. There is a very nice long pool.

To compensate for the missing garden, there is a beach club 600m away.

One improvement maybe, I was never sure when the room would be cleaned. I would assume that room are always cleaned in the morning but I often came back in teh afternoon seing that the room was not yet cleaned and it disturbed a bit my rhythm.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Xiao P,

Thank you very much for your recent post on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us here at the Kupu Kupu Jimbaran, we were very pleased you enjoyed your time with us so much

Indeed, the beach on Jimbaran Bay is spectacular, we are very fortunate to have such a stunning location that near to the resort and for our guests to spend their time at the beach club.

And regarding the cleaning sequence, we have addressed it to our Housekeeping team and review the cleaning process and maintain the consistency. We take all our guest’s feedback on board and endeavor to improve the hotel where ever possible.

Thank you once again for your review. And looking forward to welcoming back to the hotel

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Staff very helpful, breakfast wonderful, rooms generous proportions

But shower hard to get temperature above cold, which is ok if coming in from outside but difficult in the cool airconditioning of the room. WiFi connection was very poor in room, dropping out continually and at times not allowing in. Mattress too soft in 'top level' so hard to sleep unfortunately.

Also possibly need a little greater clarity on web-page that Beach Club is a small trip away and we are not on the beach front.

Overall reasonable stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gillimac

Dear Gilimac,

I do apologies for the delay in responding to your recent post and thank you very much for taking the time to express your impression and experience of the resort.

We understand the challenges you faced in your room with regard with the wifi connection. Notice that you were staying with us during the hot and humid period, thus we do apologize that the shower and AC were not cool enough for you. We will aim to rectify them in the near future and improve the quality it.

We believe that we have provided the best quality mattress for our guest, and really sorry that it was not at your preference.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your opinion of the hotel and I greatly appreciate your recognition of the wonderful service the team here provide.

We are looking forward to welcoming back to the hotel

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Although I had read the review from tripadvisor, finding the entrance of the hotel was not that simple as it was only a small door with no clear signage. But the shopping mall was easy enough to find. Lobby was very decorative and luxury travelers would be spoilt for choice as the hotel was located on some fancy boutiques stores and restaurants. Room was spacious, and to my taste too spacious as everything was located far apart. Other than that it really is a nice hotel with just the right amount of rooms for the pool size. Rooms were tastefully decorated with wood panelings and ornaments. I did mention we were on our honeymoon and they pleasantly surprised us with small gestures of flowers on the beds and the tubs which I find extremely pleasant. Conveniently located close to Jimbaran beach and you could take the buggy or a short stroll to reach the beach where abundant seafood restaurants and the hotels own Jimbaran Beach Club available for use. Overall a very pleasant and romantic stay indeed. Another note: As of early February 2014, they still have not utilized L'Occitane products for their toiletries contrary to the name attached to it. But having read the review I did not feel cheated. Just something to be reminded of that the Spa near the hotel is by L'Occitane and not the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mfaizk

Dear mfaizk,

Thank you very much for your recent post on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us here at the, we were very pleased you enjoyed your time with us so much, your experience is exactly what we strive to provide to our guests. We were also honored that you have trust us to be part of your honeymoon holiday and hope you have the most memorable one.

Your description of the resort provides readers with a lovely impression and one that we are continually working on to maintain and improve where ever possible. As for the entrance, we are on progress of improving the hotel entrance to get easily recognize.

It was a pleasure that the hotel room and decoration is to your taste and indeed we are spoiling our guests by providing them enough space room for their second home here in Bali.

And for the L’occitane product, I am glad to advise you that now we are providing the L’occitane product as our bathroom amenities for the guests in their room.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and we are hoping that we could welcome you back here at the Kupu Kupu Jimbaran for your second honeymoon getaway.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

A wonderful 4-star hotel near one of the beautiful beaches in Jimbaran. Rooms were fabulous. We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite for four people, each room having a bathroom.
Immaculately clean. Wonderful service. Beautiful small pool.
There is a ridiculously expensive spa with L'occitane products. Great massages and facials - well, I pampered myself with those.
A bit pricy but definitely worth it!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank moroti
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran & Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2014

Dear Moroti,

Thank you for your comment about Kupu Kupu Jimbaran!

Regarding the prices of the spa, I advise you for your next stay to book our hotel directly on our own website Kupu Kupu Resorts. We have very interesting discounts and packages that makes a massage very affordable.

Hoping to see you again soon in Jimbaran,

Best regards,

Thibaud

Reviewed 28 January 2014

It was my first trip to Bali and Indonesia great service and nice restaurants inside. There are few but they all are good enough to feed you. The restaurants are the hotels official restaurant and sushi tei ( Japanese Sushi Restaurant). The rooms are really nice. There are two floors the top one is the bedroom and there is an tv and there is an basement with bathtub, restroom and shower. There is an curtain to close the partition where the bathtub is. There is and sofa and another tv which you call it as the living room! I had a great trip and experience here!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yutamiura

Dear Yutamiura,

Thank you very much for your review of Kupu Kupu Jimbaran, I hope that we will have the chance to see you again in Bali soon!

Best regards,