“Lovely ambiance”

Ranked #10 of 265 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Balique is an original eatery found in the relaxed fishing village of Jimbaran, in stunning southern Bali, now home to outstanding world-class resorts and villas. This traditional seaside village and Balique suit each other harmoniously, as Balique pays homage to all the best of the Indonesian archipelago under its whirring fan-open style roof, in both the style and cuisine stakes. If you appreciate an authentic step into the past in stunning surroundings teemed with objets d’art, as well as a delicious menu, fabulous cocktails as well as an extensive affordable wine list – you have arrived home.And for sure, the warm décor along with the charming team of staff will make sure you completely feel at home here – welcome to the amazing world that is Balique and allow yourself to forget the fast, modern world outside, and be at peace in a bygone era of pure sensuality.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

What a sweet little restaurant. The food was good and reasonably priced. The décor is lovely. The position across from the InterContinental is handy. We really enjoyed our meal here.

1  Thank bilka
There are newer reviews for Balique Restaurant

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Lovely restaurant in Jimbaran with an excellent menu opposite the Intercontinental.
Well worth a visit, service excellent and well organised
Meals were fantastic, and good selection of well priced wine.

1  Thank BassyM3
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We just had dinner at this lovely restaurant, the food was good and fresh. I had Cesar Salad and falafel and hubby had pasta with ragu, delicious! We wanted to get double chocolate brownies but didn't have time so we'll definitely come back again!

2  Thank Bali_baguette
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Second visit to this delightful restaurant. Staff are attentive, service well executed and decor is relaxing and not pretentious. There is a good selection of dishes ranging from tapas to Indonesian and we have been happy with all our choices, serves are not too large. Good selection of cocktails and drinks. Reasonably priced....

Reviewed 24 May 2014

First, the good: beautiful decor and ambience. I loved the open-style dining room with high ceiling, lazy fans, and its east-meets-west decor. Friendly, professional and efficient staff, personable and extremely helpful. But in a restaurant that sets itself a high standard in Bali's increasingly excellent restaurant scene, I found my meal to be uninspiring. I should add, my husband thoroughly enjoyed his. So that's a 50% chance of getting a good meal, if you like those odds. First course for me was a beetroot salad, which came with goats cheese, walnuts and rocket. All the components were fine, but the beetroot was flabby and tasteless and the vinaigrette didn't add anything to its liveliness. For main course, I had the prawns in garlic butter with coriander rice; husband chose the mahi mahi. The waiter tried to bring the main courses out as soon as the entree plates were cleared away so we asked him to give us a little time. He willingly did this, but I think the kitchen messed up the timing. By the time my prawns were presented they were extremely dry - clearly they'd been waiting way too long. The prawns were a beautiful size, and obviously lovely produce but were not so good by the time I had them; I couldn't taste much garlic in the butter sauce, and the coriander rice had no sign or taste of any coriander whatsoever. So it was a pretty bland experience. As I said before, husband raved about his mahi mahi - I tried a mouthful and it was good. So was it just unlucky ordering on my part? I don't think you should be relying on luck at a restaurant with these ambitions (and higher prices for Bali). With so many wonderful other options, we won't be returning on our next trip.