“Excellent stay and very good recognition of IHG members”

INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights redeeming my club points. On arrival we were upgraded to a club room with free breakfast and I was given a beautiful scented fan as a present (for being a club member) which I thought was very useful in the hot weather. The check in was quick and very informative. We were very happy with our room - it was spotlessly clean, very spacious, with Krup coffee machine (which we loved), big terrace and large bathroom. The hotel itself is huge, with two main swimming pools and a couple of small ones. The beach was amazing, one of the best I have seen (and I have been to the Maldives, Mexico and Thailand so easy to benchmark). It is best for surfing due to the big waves and if you are not a strong swimmer (like me) it might even be a bit scary but still I thought it was beautiful. There are many seafood places right on the beach and we had dinner there 4 out of 5 nights which was lovely, very cheap (compared to the hotel prices) and tasty. Breakfast was excellent - we had ours at the JImbaran Seafood restaurant by the pool every morning where we could sip our coffee and enjoy the view of the bay. We had dinner in the Italian restaurant in the hotel one evening (on Silence day as everything outside the hotel was closed) and I have to say that the food was very good and worth the money (500k each). I would highly recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room if you can
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rals80
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear rals80,

Thank you for sharing your experience pertaining your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoy your holiday with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I will try to be fair when adding my review.

My friend and I spent 8 nights at InterContinental Bali Resort.
The design and the construction of the infrastructure of this resort is amazing. It has a very nice Indonesian character in my opinion. The room and communual areas are clean and well maintained. The Garden is beautiful. One unique feature in this resort offers on each side of the building is a relaxing area where they provide complimentary snacks such as fresh fruit, crisps, juice, tea 24/7. It is always nice to pass through that area to grab a quick snack or drink. Very thoughtful arrangement. Another highlight of this resort is the breakfast buffet. The selection is huge and the food is very fresh. My favorite is the freshly squeezed juice section. You can mix fruits and vegetable such as orange, pineapple, mango, banana, apple, carrot, celery, tomato you name it and they will press it for you. I also like their waffle and pancake section. Delicious.
There are plenty of sunbeds and beach towels available around the pool area. The best thing is that you just grab as many beach towels as you need without having to write down your name and room number that some resorts require.
The onsite gym is pretty well equipped with some treadmills and weghts, enough for a complete workout session. Besides towels, they also provide complementary fruit and water which is very nice. You can also use the sauna/ steam room/ jacuzzi in the Spa for free. Best after a gym or sun tanning session.

For improvement I suggest they review the quality of their Spa treatments and the food quality at their Japanese restaurant. My massage and facial treatment was quite amateur. I prefered to have the massage in the pavillion by the beach but the masseur wanted to do it by the pool area. After a short conversation, we finally end up having the massage by the beach, but the masseur's facial expression was not too happy which made me feel a bit unpleasant. Not a good exprience. The massage was average.
Two days later I booked a facial treatment. I was guided to a treament room that looked a bit dull. It didn't give me a relaxing feel. I was asked to put on a robe and to lay on the bed (with the robe on). In the middle of my facial treatment, when the masseur was going to massage my shoulder, she asked me to pull the robe down to my waist. No very comfortable already. When she massaged my arm, she took my watch off my wrist (some pulling and struggling there) and shockingly she pulled the rest of the robe out while I was still wearing the robe and laying on the bed. It was not a nice and relaxing experience at all. Also, it was a very rough facial treatment. She slapped my face a few times, not gently. My face feel very greasy of the facial. I felt a bit shocked and abuse after this. Maybe they lack training.

With regards to the Japanese restaurant, they simply served us old sushi. The fish was dry and it was sliced very thin on top of the rice. Not tasty at all. We felt they served us leftovers.

With the above incidents I felt I must address them to the management so that they can improve. I went to the reception, waited for some time because they only have 1 person at the reception (at around 7pm). I specifically asked to speak with the general manager, but further to my disappointment they sent the Spa team lead to speak with me. I understand that it makes sense that the Spa team lead gets involved, but if I asked to speak with the general manager, they should not send someone else. If so, shouldn't they sent the Restaurant team lead as well? Sorry, to me this is a sign of ignorance on the resort side and not very professional to a 5* standard. Athough the team lead kindly offered my friend and I a complimentary massage the next day, I passed the offer. To be fair, they shouldn't charge me for the horrible experience.

Overall I think this is a very nice resort which I recommend. I am planning to visit Bali again this year and I will most likely stay at Intercontinental Bali. However, I will seek Spa treament and Japanese food elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear INDALOO,

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to learn hat you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our horticulture team ensures that the gardens and the landscape of the resort is well maintained for our our guests to enjoy their beachfront Balinese experience.

We have taken a note of your feedback pertaining to the Spa and Japanese restaurant and will ensure that the same is addressed with the respective departments.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

It's hard to find fault with this hotel. We stayed for four nights. The beach was nice but bits of plastic rubbish has washed ashore, detracting from our enjoyment. Our room was two levels, with the bedroom above - but no windows there. Also the terrace off the first floor, while nicely fitted with wood chairs and cushions, did not have a view of the sea (as is the case for all rooms). All told, a very good experience, just not five star in our view.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Visit-upstate-NY,

Thank you for your review pertaining your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoy your holiday.
My team and i are continuously enhance our service and facilities, therefore your feedback is advantageous for us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return to our resort.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just returned from 7 days at the intercontinental and cannot fault it. We have a club room loft which was perfect for my wife and our 2 children (4 and 7). We had a large room upstairs and they had two single beds downstairs. If you are considering going look to get the 'club' package as it includes access to special club lounges which was perfect for free pre-dinner drinks each night and extra levels of service from the hotel like transport to airport and much more. You are also locate in a special wing of the hotel which has its own pool area for adults to escape.

The staff were fantastic from the senior front of house people to the gardeners. Everyone would greet you pleasantly each time. Nothing was ever too much trouble.

The grounds of the intercontinental were 1st class. Extremely well kept and between the 5 pools, 5 restaurants, hectares of grounds all beautifully manicured it could not be faulted. People are even cleaning the beach of any litter all day to keep it as pristine as possible.

Jimabaran Bay was very well located 20 min to kuta or seminyak by car which we went into daily.

HIGHLY recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Make sure you do a club room and if travelling with kids a loft style duplex was perfect
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank James M
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear James M,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience pertaining your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that you and your family enjoyed your holiday with us and that you received our great service in the Club.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return to Bali.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The resort was absolutely beautiful.
Rooms were large with complete amenities. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was heavenly.
View from my room was the most breath taking I have ever seen.
Only setback are the large mosquitoes.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rondm40

Dear rondm40,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your holiday with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return to our resort.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This place is the closest thing to heaven on Earth! Service is outstanding from the moment you arrive @ the airport until they drop you off @ customs!!! I got to the hotel after getting extremely sick in Kuala Lumpur and was feeling very weak,

The beach is serene and the water a few steps away is warm and amazing! The landscape and surrounding areas top notch! Food excellent! And again Kadek is the MAN! Thank you for everything Kadek!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tunhir d
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Tunhir d,

Thank you for sharing your experience pertaining your recent stay in our resort. We wish you were getting better when you were in Bali. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your holiday and that you feel you received our great service. I will convey your compliment to Kadek and the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return to Bali.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Most relaxing holiday we have had for years. The hotel is situated in magnificent gardens and offered luxury in many ways, Our accommodation was in The Club and the rooms were spacious, clean and offered all services, including a Butler. We had access to the Club lounge and enjoyed Happy hour every day. This was beneficial to our budget as alcohol is very expensive in Bali. The Club lounge also served morning and afternoon tea and is open 24 hours a day. I took advantage of the Spa and had a manicure and pedicure which I recommend.
We explored Bali daily, enhanced by the knowledge, we were returning to luxury at the end of the day. The service in the hotel is 1st class and the staff are informative and professional in all aspects..
We will definitely stay in the Jimbaran Intercontinental hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank moetabudhabi
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear moetabudhabi,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed our club room and facilities.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return to the Island of Gods.

Michel Chertouh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
The Ritz-Carlton, Bali
#23 of 54 in Nusa Dua
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 58 in Jimbaran

Been to INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort? Share your experiences!