Over the last couple of years this has been the fifth time visiting The Club at Intercontinental Bali. Though this being a pricey hotel for individual travellers, the secluded club pool, serenity of the sea view area and individual butler service at the club rooms and suites seemed worth putting out the money again.
While we were lucky to have a room overlooking the club room and the ocean Jimbaran Bay, unfortunately this tuned out to be a punishment. The club area has been taken over by families with screaming children, waking you up in the morning, keeping you awake in the evening and making the whole area uninhabtsble for any discerning traveller all day long.
While little signs posted at the tables around the club pool kindly ask families with the children to use designated facilities elsewhere, nobody cares and management does not implemented its own policies around the area at all. The atmosphere here is messy, screaming and desperate.
Just to prevent any moral tutoring: Nothing wrong with family holidays! Appreciated! But when a club pool is advertised as secluded silent tropical heaven, management may not allow a bunch of desperate families to change it into a screaming childrens playground hell.
Conclusion: Families with many young children are welcome here and I surely recommend the place a lot having stayed here in so many holidays. Individual tracellers and couples looking for some rest in their holidays: STAY AWAY!
For anyone planning a trip to the hotel, check if you really want to put down the extra money asked for the Club at Intercontinental. At least during the main season you will certainly not get the tropical experience you expect, so you can rather book the regular rooms at the hotel with any loss.
If we will ever come back our 6th time, certainly not during any holiday season in Europe or Australia.
Other than that, still a great hotel. But probably not for us!
Sad, lost a treasure ... :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 14 hectares of tropical landscape, showcasing a blend of indigenous flora, waterways and statues reflecting the island's heritage, InterContinental Bali Resort is blessed by an endless stretch of white sand beach overlooking Jimbaran Bay. There are six swimming pools, Planet Trekkers for the children, a fitness centre and plenty of recreational activities to keep guests occupied throughout the day. Award winning Spa Uluwatu provides healing and beauty treatments. Superb choice of restaurants including Japanese, Italian and Seafood make every dining experience an adventure in culinary excellence. Club InterContinental offers the height of luxury and exclusivity and has gained the reputation of offering the best Club experience in Bali. It is set in its own private wing and secluded enclave in exquisite gardens and swimming pull. Our Club guests stay in the resorts’ premier accommodation category with an exclusive array of privileges and entitlements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Hotel Bali
- Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran
- Bali Intercontinental
- INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort Jimbaran