We spent a few days at the resort having first stayed at the Legion. This is a big resort and clearly very popular. Our group of 6 was split in two - we took a club room and a suite. Speaking of the suite it was well located with views from the balcony out over the water. (It was close to the club pool/facilities). The suite was however a little tired. I think that comment applies to the resort generally. Having said that, the staff were very attentive and the food good.
I must say that I was there to rest, with the others being free to do whatever they liked. And that was the reason why this resort was a little disappointing. We chose to spend our days around the club pool. It is principally for adults. It is intended to be a quiet place where you can relax, sleep, read a book, have something to eat, drink. There are signs that make this plain. We struck other guests each day (often the same guests) who refused to respect this condition notwithstanding that there are plenty of other pools etc, outside this club area. Annoying is not the best word to describe their behaviour. And so, each day we were there, we witnessed the staff (ultimately managers) who would have to come over and ask these guests (and their children) to leave. I'm sure this could have been better managed.
All in all, I think this resort has scope for improvement unless it wishes to be no better that "4 star." By way of comparison, and I acknowledge they are different hotels, but the Legion is much superior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blessed by an endless stretch of white sand beach overlooking the tranquil waters of Jimbaran Bay, InterContinental Bali Resort features 417 guest rooms in three unique levels of accommodation. The property embraces a 14 hectare tropical landscape that is a blend of indigenous flora, gentle waterways and stone statues reflecting the island’s artistic heritage. There are six swimming pools, Planet Trekkers children’s resort, a fitness centre and plenty of recreational activities to keep guests occupied throughout the day. Spa Uluwatu is a dedicated healing and beauty facility for individual sessions, while the exclusive Villa Retreats promises indulging spa packages for couples. A superb choice of restaurant venues makes every dining experience an adventure in culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, TravelUp, IHG, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Hotel Bali
- Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran
- Bali Intercontinental
- INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort Jimbaran