I was so excited when I got back from my wedding & honeymoon in Bali to write a review, but I had to wait as I've written a short 'review' asking questions abt this hotel sometime in August. I was unaware that one had to wait three months between reviews with Tripadvisor.
Anyway.............read and read and read all the reviews for months...took notes of where to go for what...what to look out for...etc. Never been to Bali. Arranged wedding via internet and got married at the hotel and stayed there for another 10 nights....loved it...still can't stop talking about it. They went over and beyond what we ask for - it was perfect ! There were only 12 of us at the wedding. But they do up to 200+ for a wedding.
Wedding was arranged by Melissa from Wedding International - perfect, stress free, faultless !!
I felt spoilt beyond believe. It was wonderful. We were asked if we wanted to upgrade to ClubLevel which included all those extras. It was abt $60-70 extra - frm Singaraja Room get upgraded if you can. So worth it. The spa was expensive but so good. Did try out the cheapies across the road, but not a touch to the hotel's spa.
Best was the Happy Hour in the Club Lounge. Worked my way down the cocktail list !!!!! Make sure though you don't eat too much and spoil your appetite for dinner ! We spend most of our time at the hotel. Yes food prices expensive for Bali, but that is what we pay in Perth - in Bali you get it with a smile, great service and a chat included !! Even went White Water Rafting and that was the best fun in ages !! Not dangerous at all ! Make use of the taxis - cheap and local knowledge super. Read the reviews and make note of the tips. Even had a seafood evening next to hotel - recommended by the Food & Beverage manager Martin - ask him for a good one.
I do love reading the reviews. Everything that others are writing on here is true. Including the bad...The hotel is far from everything, taxi rides can take ages. There is nothing to do outside the hotel - I was pretty shocked at the road/houses/hygiene/traffic etc..'s condition. Did go walking for about two hours in the main street and took tons of photos. It is interesting and so decorative the temples etc...Such a different life.
Traffic is insane. I saw some dust in the rooms, but then men were cleaning (hahaha!!). Wine prices were insane - we bought wine in Perth and took it with. At ClubLevel you got the internet for free in the Inspirations Room. Loved that room ! There was no sun in our room so wet clothes just stayed damp. Make use of the laundry service.
If you are young and hip - don't go there. Too far from Kuta. The hotel is really tranquil. The grounds were breathtakinly beautiful and so well cared for.
If you want maybe a bit more to do - stay in Sanur or Nusa Dua. I loved Sanur and might stay there next time just for variety. There were pubs and shopping without sellers pestering you. And very clean. Did go to Kuta - not my cup of tea.
This hotel will always have a special place in our hearts ! Most of all it was the staff that created all the wonderful memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blessed by an endless stretch of white sand beach overlooking the tranquil waters of Jimbaran Bay, InterContinental Bali Resort features 417 guest rooms in three unique levels of accommodation. The property embraces a 14 hectare tropical landscape that is a blend of indigenous flora, gentle waterways and stone statues reflecting the island’s artistic heritage. There are six swimming pools, Planet Trekkers children’s resort, a fitness centre and plenty of recreational activities to keep guests occupied throughout the day. Spa Uluwatu is a dedicated healing and beauty facility for individual sessions, while the exclusive Villa Retreats promises indulging spa packages for couples. A superb choice of restaurant venues makes every dining experience an adventure in culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Agoda and Southall Travel so you can book your INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Hotel Bali
- Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran
- Bali Intercontinental
- INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort Jimbaran