Belmond Jimbaran Puri
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$289
US$268
Agoda.com
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
US$144
Orbitz.com
US$311
  • Pool
1,153 results
All reviewsthe cottagesgarden cottageour honeymoonpool villaherbal teasunken bathbeach fronthear the wavesthe guest relations managerfour seasonsbeach barseafoodindoor and outdoor showersbeach bagwalk along the beachdinner on the beachhotel restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2011

The Jimbaran Puri is in a great location, the only hotel in the area right on the beach. Staff keep the sand clean, but when we went swimming, the water was filthy- full of papers etc. and a (used) condom floated past me- yuck. What a shame.
The rooms are pretty good, not big by Bali standards, but nice. The pool is gorgeous, absolutely stunning, and there are always plenty of chairs by the pool or on the beach area.
Staff are a delight, especially Lia the guest manager, who is a real asset to the placel She is superb.
We felt that the restaurant staff were a bit overwhelmed when the place was busy. On a couple of occasions, staff did not come near us to take our breakfast orders. We helped ourselves to the buffet and left it at that. Breakfast is good.
The area is less developed than some others in Bali and that is a plus. It does, however, mean dining options are limited. The restaurants can be good, depending on what you order, but do not always live up to expectations. I didn't agree with the comments about the cocktails. I had them every night and they were perfect.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2011

I do apologize I did not have the opportunity to speak with you before your departure.
About the beach comment, I would like to share with you that this year’s unusual heavy rains have caused rivers to overflow with the result of washing all type of rubbish into the sea.
The local Authorities and the Hotel Industry are really concerned and are looking into methods, including the application of technology, to stop rubbish getting washed from other places into the sea. Today all the beaches are back to the state that it should have been during your stay.
About the breakfast, I can only apologize for the service provided. I have addressed all your comments and actions have been taken.
At JPB we work every day to exceed the expectations of our guests and when we fail we work even harder in order to not reproduce the same mistakes. I hope you will give us the opportunity to prove that we deserve your trust.
And thank you also for your positive comments.
I remain personally at your entire disposal until your next visit.

My Regards

Reviewed 17 April 2011

We were traveling all over Bali during their slow season, March, so we were advised not to pre-book any hotel rooms. Hapri, in reservations was accommodating, even when we booked the first week of April, during their changing of rates. Lia in Guest Relations was utmost gracious, attentive to detail and personable. She went out of her way to make our stay comfortable. Unfortunately, I had slipped on a stepping stone during our stay there. March-April is their wet season, I caution to be very careful, and have them check for mossy areas.
The staff had taken the time to scrub all the stones in our Villa.
My leg is getting better, and Dr. suggest to rehab for 6 weeks, due to a torn ligament. Thank goodness it was 3 days till the end of our 17 days in Bali.
The private pool in the Villa, the Cabana was also a nice touch.
Keri, our butler was also great and attentive. Overall, the experience was surprisingly pleasant, due to your personable staff. Thank you again.

Room Tip: Make sure to see the room first before checking in
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2011

......“The Hotel Staff was attentive and accommodating”......
Thank you for sharing with all your experience at Jimbaran Puri Bali.
We are very pleased if we have succeeded to exceed your expectations.

All the team of Jimbaran Puri Bali will be waiting for your next visit!

Bertemu lagi di Bali!

Reviewed 17 April 2011

We stayed at Puri Bali for three nights and found it to be extremely relaxing. The hotel offers everything you might possibly want in house - from an excellent selection of restaurants, to a comprehensive selection of spa treatments.

One word of warning however is that the cocktails served at the bar really are sub-standard.

Oh, and perhaps the most single best thing about the place is the charming white pigeon who runs the breakfast restaurant (see pic).

Would recommend you also try walking along the beach to one of the many local Warungs for a delicious seafood dinner.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2011

......“Great location and excellent service - perfect for a 'do nothing' holiday"......

Thank you very much for sharing with all the Travelers such nice comments.
As all Guests comments are taken seriously by the Management , we have addressed to our Head of Department your comment about the cocktails.
I would like to inform that actions have been taken since to improve. I hope we will have the pleasure to have your personal opinion during your next visit.

Regards and Bertemu lagi di Bali!

Reviewed 8 April 2011

We stayed at the Jimbaran Puri in April '11. The room rate was affordable and we enjoyed the large, inviting pool. We also enjoyed taking a short cab ride or a longer walk on the beach to the Four Seasons Jimbaran for dinner or going into Seminyak. For the price we paid ($205 US/night) we felt it was a good value; we weren't paying Four Seasons rates.

But, that isn't to say we enjoyed the hotel. Our room had a leaking air conditioner; it was also a rather sparce room and dreary. Our outdoor shower got clogged with any real usage and there wasn't anyway we were going to attempt a bath in our pink bath/shower combo, which looked very worn.

We thought the breakfast was good, but didn't enjoy the cocktails or food during the rest of our stay (bar menu options were strange, expensive and not well made). This prompted our decision to eat off property every night during the rest of our stay. We have stayed at other Orient Express properties, most recently two properties in Peru, and we thought this hotel was a downgrade from the other properties. It needs some updating and a better restaurant/bar. All in all, we thought our stay was average and wouldn't return.

Did want to say the manager and staff were nice. No problems there...just didn't care for the property and the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2011

I do sincerely apology for not being able to fill fully your expectations during your stay. I do also regret that I did not have the opportunity to speak with you personally.
I can assure you that all Guests comments are taken seriously by the Management, as well as the operational issues.
We have addressed to all our Heads of Department your comments and actions have been taken in order to avoid in the future the same mistakes.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to prove that Jimbaran Puri Bali deserves your trust, meanwhile I remain at your entire disposal.

My Sincere Regards

Reviewed 3 April 2011

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The service was excellent, the staff was always careful trying their best to make us as comfortable as possible. And the location is stunning, on the best part of Jimbaran Beach.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

......Perfect stay...........
At JPB our daily main purpose is to maintain the Quality Standards and to try, every day, to exceed the expectations of all our Guests.
So when our Guests show they are fully satisfied, we are more than pleased and thankful to them when they share with all their feelings about their experience.

On behalf of my Team thank you for your visit , and we hope to see you again in a near future.

Bertemu lagi di Bali!