“10/10” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
Auckland, New Zealand
“10/10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

I cannot rate this hotel more highly and each time we stay they simply get better. It is the best place (in the world) to stay for R & R, the setting is gorgeous and all the rooms and villas luxurious. Food is executive-chef material and I can't stop eating when I'm there! The stand out feature has to be the staff, from management down. They are incredibly friendly & hospitable and I cannot thank them highly enough for always making our stay so enjoyable. We will definelty be back. Thank you to everyone at Jimbaran Puri. Recommended!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
....I cannot rate this hotel more highly and each time we stay they simply get better.....

Thank you for such review, it is always a pleasure to see that we have exceeded to our guests expectations.
We, all, will remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need during your future reservation.
Terima Kasih! (Thank you!)
MHM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cinderford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

after a long journey we arrived at the hotel expectations were high on entering the complex ,still smiling for being freshly married we were given our first dose of reality by be told that our room had be double booked , not the start i wanted to your honeymoon INSTANT STRESS !. We were then told we could have another room which was bigger GREAT you might think but it was not so it sat at the back of the complex with no view unclean and unsecured .We had an awful night with my wife being unable to sleep as we could not lock the door. The next morning i went to complain and was told we could have a look at another suite in the afternoon as we did the suite was everything you could as for with private pool, outside shower absolutely amazing my wife eyes lit up as we looked around and i knew we had to have it to my utter disgust i was then asked to pay another £300.00 which i did , if this hadn,t been my honeymoon it would have dealt with this a little differently .

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mrade10
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
...Honeymoon......
Thank you for your time to write your review, I can only regret to not have the opportunity to speak with you personally about your comments. I would have answered to your questions and clarified your doubts. Our purpose is to see all our Guests satisfied with fantastic memories when they go back home.
If I may, I would like to reassure you that all our property is secure, is certainly one of our priorities. We have a team of security day and night.
All the Cottages and Villas doors, in and out, have lockers. Behind the Garden view Cottages, where was your initial room, we have 22 Deluxe Pool Villas.
The property has 8 types of rooms, from Superior Garden view Cottage until Deluxe Pool Villas. My team must have proposed you, after your first night, to see a Deluxe Pool Villa, which is the Highest category we have with different facilities, different conditions.
Our purpose was not to leave you a mix feeling but an unforgettable experience.
If you decide to come back to Bali, Jimbaran Puri Bali will be waiting for you, and I would like to invite you to contact me personally.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed to five nights at the start of our honey moon. A absolute must do. It is a very beautiful and relaxing hotel. I wish it had been for longer. If you can afford it get a villa with a pool (amazing but very spoiling) - if that is too expensive just get a normal room as also amazing. Every staff member is very polite and there is no-one to hassle you if you want privacy. It has a beautiful pool and is also on the beach. I have been to a number of brilliant hotels in my time and i assure you that you can not be disapointed by this one!! I honestly suggest you stop looking and book this one now.
In short - The holiday of a lifetime!!

Room Tip: We got a Pool villa as it was our honey moon. Expensive but amazing for a spoiling holiday. If you c...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
..... Best Bali Honey Moon - A Must”....
Thank you for sharing with us your experience, and your so positive comments.
It is always a pleasure when we have reached the expectations of our Guests and in your case to turn your Honeymoon a memorable souvenir.
We all in Jimbaran Puri Bali will be waiting for your next trip in Bali.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed here in June as the first night in a month touring 8 islands of Indonesia and could not have been happier! Great location with a short drive from the airport (key as traffic in Bali is horrendous) plus this had the best beach I saw in the south (beaches in Legian/Seminyak are not great). The villa was stunning and felt very Balinese with huge spaces and a great outdoor pool. Much appreciated little touches here and there, good service and a delicious breakfast. I only wish I'd stayed longer!

Room Tip: Splurge on a villa for the private pool.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank laterallife
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, 18 September 2011
The villa was stunning and felt very Balinese ....

I would like to thank you very much for such positive comments.
It is always rewarding to see that all the Team of JPB has reach your expectations and that our property and especially your Villa has stunned you in a good way.
We all, will be waiting for your return.
Remaining at your disposal.

Terima Kasih!
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We've stayed here many times in the early 2000's when it was locally owned and called the "Pansea Puri" Hotel - always a great place to relax on a great beach. Just spent a couple of nights here for the first time under the new Orient Express (expat) management and it still has the same laid-back atmosphere and good quality of service. The pool has been completely remodeled and is an excellent improvement. The only complaint we have is that the rates have increased dramatically without any other obvious improvements -the cottage villa we stayed in is the same as it was 10 years ago and the decor and fittings are tired. Pool/beach towels were also old and stained.
Food and drink is hugely overpriced even compared with similar high-end Bali properties - alcohol is expensive in Indonesia but $12/glass for the cheapest wine is extortionate. Judging by all the empty dinner tables it seems most people have the same opinion.
The beach massage ladies were also struggling to find business probably because they are no longer independant and reasonably priced - they now work for the hotel.
I'd still recommend this property because it is such a relaxing spot on a lovely beach, but you need to get a competitive room rate deal to make this hotel good value, then be prepared to pay the high food/drink prices or eat elsewhere along the beach or jump in a cab and go out.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank fullglass
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
........always a great place to relax on a great beach...................
I would like to thank you for taking your time to write us your review, It is always important to us to know what our Guests think.
I would have been really pleased to speak with you during or before your departure.
You are absolutely right about the previous company, and since 2006, Orient Express is present at JPB, and has not stopped since then to improved the property, in Product, Service and Standards .
Not only the swimming pool has changed its location, as it has also been built 22 new gorgeous Villas 2 years ago, and we will continue to assure and maintain to all our Guests the best Quality and High standards Service in the future.
I am pleased to see that you like the improvements.
About your comment on prices, I would like to share with you that we review regularly and carefully all our prices and we make sure that they are online with all 5stars Hotels in Bali.
For the drinks, due to the Indonesian high tax imposed on imported wines and spirits and the fluctuation of the exchange rate you may find the prices higher than in other countries.
Hoping I have succeed to answer to some of your comments.
Meanwhile I remain at your entire disposal, hoping I will have personally the opportunity to speak with you during your next visit.
Englefield Green
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Beautiful peaceful surroundings, very friendly staff, lovely clean spacious accommodation a great place to just relax and soak up the atmosphere. Would go back tomorrow.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
...A real treasure....
Thank you for choosing our property during your stay in Bali and to share your comments with all travelers. It is always a pleasure when our Guests have enjoyed their stay with us.
My Team and I, will be looking forward to receive you again in a near future.
Meanwhile, should you need any assistance with your next reservation please do not hesitate to contact me.
Terima Kasih!, Jimbaran Puri Bali by Orient Express,
Ringwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

If you are in any doubt about booking the hotel don't be and if you can run to a villa you will enjoy beautiful private gardens and pool. The hotel is set on the beach which is huge sweeping for miles, not really suitable for weak swimmers of young children as the surf is typically rough, great for body boarding and on some days surfing. The pool at the hotel is huge and heated with plenty of sunbeds and staff running around looking after you. The hotel faces directly west onto the beach and whilst we were there we enjoyed the sun setting into the sea with cocktails during a well timed happy hour! Be careful when booking the hotel theme nights however, the staff do try and sell the idea to you, to be fair very tactifully, but it is likely they see a benefit. the cost isn't mentioned and we fell into the trap of celebrating their Balinese full moon including dancing and a fairly lavish BBQ. I thought it was poorly attended and only realised why when discovered it cost over $160 per person plus alcohol! Bearing in mind you can walk along the beach and get a meal from one of the many beach restaurants (turn left for best value) for no more than $15 per head with a beer it was terribly overpriced. That aside this is a lovely property with hugely obliging staff who somehow remember your name, room and favourite drinks. Not cheap but worth every penny...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank anthony H
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, 28 August 2011
....If you are in any doubt about booking the hotel don't be....

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review with such positive comments.
We always appreciate when our guests recognize our efforts and for sure we will continue to improve. Your satisfaction is important for us!
About the sea, I may say it is an exceptional month, our sea usually is very very quiet and not at all a spot for surfers, but this winter has been an unusual windy season.
I would like also to apologize if you felt misled about the communication of our entertainment program. For every entertainment we create flyers where we write all the selling conditions and we even add prices in rupiahs, dollars and euros and all these flyers are displayed in all our receptions and restaurants. After reading your review I realized that it may not be enough, so thank you for informing me about this situation and we will definitively reinforce with our team how to communicate better on the entertainment event's conditions.
Hoping we will have the pleasure to receive you again in a near future and to show you our improvements.
Terima Kasih!