Belmond Jimbaran Puri
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,152 results
All reviewsthe cottagesgarden cottageour honeymoonpool villaherbal teasunken bathbeach fronthear the wavesthe guest relations managerfour seasonsbeach barseafoodindoor and outdoor showersbeach bagwalk along the beachdinner on the beachhotel restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed here at the end of our recent holiday. The villa we were in was clean and spacious. It was well appointed and had lots of privacy. The bed was super comfortable. The grounds of the resort are well kept and really pretty. The pool was nice and very serene. My toddler lived in the shallow end of the pool while we were there...I think he only came out for his melon drink and french fries...haha! I would definitely come back to this resort if I go through this area again.

My husband and I are well travelled and we have to tell you that the breakfast was one of the BEST breakfasts we have come across. It was so good we planned extra time each morning to eat. The staff were amazing and would make things special for my child which is always a nice thing (especially when little ones are picky).

The only downside for us was the beach...this has nothing to do with the hotel...this is something that is just something we have noticed with Bali over the last 10 years. I think the growth has taken its toll on the once gorgeous beaches. But if you are happy to lounge in a lovely pool with a great sunset view then the beach is not an issue anyway. My husband just loves the ocean and is picky about the beach because we have been to some lovely ones...and we have seen Bali before there were too many tourists. But seriously, if you want a relaxing holiday and you want nice grounds, a nice pool, a lovely villa, great food and staff that spoil you rotten then please stay at the Puri Bali...you will not be disapointed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank vs2008vs
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

......one of the BEST breakfasts we have come across......

We can only thank you your review, and invite all Travelers to come and try our Property, as well as our Breakfast!
We cook and bake personally all the food in our property and the ones we cannot, we work with all the small producers of Bali, in order to provide to all our Guests, every morning, the Best.
Thank you then to notice this effort.
We all will be waiting for your return, meanwhile Terima Kasih!

Reviewed 12 November 2011

At a time when Bali seems to produce one design palace after another, it's a delight to find that there is still an elegant yet understated luxury hotel experience to be had right on the sands of Jimbaran Bay.
Jimbaran Puri Bali (an Orient Express Hotel) is a smaller property sitting within beautifully landscaped and perfeclyt manicured gardens right on Jimbaran Bay. Much smaller than it's more high profile neighbours, the hotel delivers excellent service from a team of constantly smiling and genuinely helpful staff. The resort has a feeling of relaxed elegance, featuring two excellent restaurants (yes, they are overpriced but so are all the other 5 star resorts!) and a delightful, small beachside spa.
We stayed in a two bedroom pool villa and it was wonderfully private. The decor was "restrained" Balinese meets Asian chic and the villas are spacious, well designed and perfect for two couples or a family of four. The great thing though is the private pool- it's actually a real pool rather than an oversized bathtub or a "plunge pool" !
Jimbaran Puri Bali really is an undiscovered gem that attracts a relaxed, chic and mainly European clientele who appreciate the unique qualities of this delightful small resort.

Room Tip: If you can make the budget stretch, go for a private pool villa- they are excellent!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

...it's a delight to find that there is still an elegant yet understated luxury hotel experience..

Thank you very much for sharing with all your comments.
We all be waiting for your return, hoping it will be in a near future!
Terima kasih!

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Accommodation are great but service is really bad

We booked a Villa Pool for our honeymoon

- On arrival the guy repeated 5 times the amount to pay in front of my wife it was our honeymoon (not really nice...) when it is a surprise you organize to your wife.

- They charged me before going into my room for the full amount saying with HSBC Premier Credit Card was not enough (never happened in my life before...). I tried with 2 different cards that works everywhere but it seems it doesn't work there.

- We got a flower bath in our honeymoon package but it was full of slugs... We asked to clean it but we had some slugs the day after as well!!! They told us we will get another flower bath we never got it.

- In our honeymoon package it was fresh fruit everyday we only got it 3 times out of 5 days

- Twice our table at Breakfast has been cleaned up and removed even if we were still at the buffet. We asked to get another tea and coffee and they said it was not possible.

- 2 days before our departure we noticed a strong smell and our pool became green... After 1 day some people came and they said a pump has been broken (saying they knew a pump was broken but didn't know where).

The manager nicely offered us a romantic dinner on the beach but this hotel really doesn't worth the price...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank christo_flipo
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

I apologize for the inconveniences encountered during your stay, and assure you that we can do much better than what is described in your review.
If you give us a second opportunity to show you that we deserve your trust, please contact me personally.
MHM

Reviewed 4 November 2011

The excellent reviews of the Jimbaran Purl are wholly justified and our 12 nights were a great experience, and the high levels of service and excellent quality of food are both stand out memories of our stay.

We stayed in one of the pool villas and the butler service that accompanies staying in the villas was very attentive and everyone used our names at all times, indicating that providing the personal touch is one of the hotel's values.

We ate in the two main restaurants most evenings and there was plenty of choice to enable us to look forward to each dinner time. The choice of fresh fish in the beach restaurant was excellent and I would recommend talking to the chef or the excellent waiting staff about what's available each evening.

Most lunchtimes we ate at the beach bar - again lots of choice to suit whatever appetite you may have.

One dining experience we had that we would recommend was the full moon party, if you are fortunate enough to be staying during the full moon, then go for it! Not the cheapest evening but great entertainment and a fabulous buffet - an excellent selection of local dishes with plenty of choice to satisft the biggest appetites.

The location of the Jimbaran Puri was one of the features that drew us to the place and the beach is great, with beatiful sunsets each evening.

I highly recommend the Jimbaran Puri. If it's within your budget (or even if it's not!) then go there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redpaolo

......the high levels of service and excellent quality of food are both stand out memories of our stay..

Thank you for sharing with us your experience, it is always pleasant when our efforts are recognized.
We will continue to surprise you and all our future travelers with our Service and Standards.

Terima Kasih!

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Attention all Bali regulars! If you're a little weary of the ubiquitous modernist villa hotels that now dominate the hospitality scene in our favourite island, well, here's an often-passed-over gem that's brimming with old-fashioned charm. Opened sometime in the 80's, this cottage-style hotel is just 15 minutes from the airport, sits right on the beach, and has recently added pool villas in a plot adjacent to the original grounds.

What I loved most was the veteran staff, many of whom have been there for more than a decade. Being checked in by a warm and friendly ibu, made me feel like I was coming home. My pool villa was extremely spacious and walled-in for privacy. The pool is set in an expansive terrace which held a bale as well as a roomy gazebo-on-a-swing (available only in some villas). Indoors I enjoyed the large living area and bedroom, everything very well appointed.

The only thing that marred my experience was the noisy neighbours - a rowdy group who partied all night long by their pool - and kept everyone awake. Efforts to silence them by the resort's timid middle-aged security did nothing to restore peace, but I was thankfully moved to another villa some distance away.

It was just my bad luck to have them as my fellow visitors, but I would definitely go back to what is now one of my favourite places to stay in Bali.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

...here's an often-passed-over gem....

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your comments. It is always important for us to understand how much our Guests have enjoyed their stay with us, and it is by reading their comments that we can improve our service and standards.
All my Team and I will be pleased to receive you again in a near future
meanwhile I remain at your disposal.
Terima Kasih!