We enjoyed our stay at the Jimbaran Puri Bali. It's a very nice hotel in a beautiful location, but there are a few areas that let it down.
1. The service is slightly random. Sometimes the staff are over keen to i.e. interrupting a conversation to take an order. Sometimes there's no service at all e.g. sitting in the bar at sunset, i had to go up to the bar to get served, rather than having a friendly waiter to come and take my order. Sounds small, but it's the small things that make a difference.
To take this to a next level, i got a general feeling that the staff were always told to upsell. I don't mind this, but when it's not combined with great consistent service, it starts to feel rather corporate and instructed from head office, rather than being genuinely interested in providing the best service for their customers.
2. The food is slightly confused. I would like to either eat Indonesian, or western, not a slightly confused version of both. The food was also ridiculously expensive. I don't mind paying a premium for good food, but an example here is the fresh grilled seafood. The hotel charged R90 or so per 100g of jumbo prawns. The seafood restaurant along the beach charged half that per KG of jumbo prawns. I actually preferred the service and ambiance of the seafood restaurant along the beach - definitely recommend visiting.
3. The beach staff were more keen on collecting fallen leaves, rather than helping guests with towels, or to move their sunbeds (which are extremely heavy). Again, it's the small points that matter.
4. In room toiletries weren't of the best quality and not always replaced when used.
Finally, please don't keep leaving the 'other hotels in the Orient Express' book on my pillow at night. It's just annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Jimbaran Puri is a luxury resort hotel in Jimbaran, Bali with a authentic, unpretentious and supremely romantic style. Located at the beachfront of Jimbaran Bay, one of the most beautiful beaches in Bali, the resort promises uninterrupted breathtaking sea views and is perfect for those looking for a private space to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Jimbaran Puri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jimbaran Puri Bali By Orient-Express Hotel Jimbaran
- Puri Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Jimbaran Puri Bali Hotel
- Belmond Jimbaran Puri Bali