1,274 results
All reviews the cottages garden cottage our honeymoon sunken bath pool villa nelayan restaurant herbal tea beach front hear the waves lily pond the guest relations manager seafood four seasons beach bar deluxe villa walk along the beach dinner on the beach
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We booked this hotel last minute as our travel plans changed and the other resort we had booked for the rest of our stay didn't have any availability. I loved this hotel from the moment I walked in and I really wish we had stayed here for the entire holiday. It feels cosy and it has a real boutique feel to it. The room was absolutely lovely, it was huge and it felt like having your own private bungalow complete with both indoor and outdoor showers. The hotel is right on the beach and you can hear the waves crashing against the shore, which I enjoyed. The breakfast setting was lovely and the breakfast was also very nice, with a very good selection of fresh fruits, eggs, bakery and local food. We also ate in the bar at lunch time and the food was very nice, I particularly loved the Tuna tartar with Asian flavours.

If like me you don't like the huge and busy resorts, this place is definitely a good option. Also there are loads of seafood restaurants on Jimbaran bay that are only a small walk away from the hotel. I would love to come back and stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights following a similar stay at the sister hotel hanging Gardens, Ubud.
Our original weeks stay was to have been in a 5 star hotel in Seminyak which was so bad we walked out. Hence our stay in the 2 Orient Express Hotels.
The main road to the hotel worried us but once we arrived at the hotel we were enchanted by the place. We were warmly welcomed by the staff and upgraded to an ocean view cottage which we were very pleased about.
The beach was clean and quite private and the pool was wonderful to swim in.
The quality of the food was excellent and in fact some friends who where staying at the Four Seasons joined us in the restaurant and were very impressed by the quality of the food. Admittedly the price of the food and drinks are high and we noted that the restaurants and bars were never busy.
The cottage was spotlessly clean and serviced regularly and contained everything you could want. As mentioned in a previous review though, we had some difficulty with the sliding doors and where they slid to !!
All in all a super, quiet, relaxed place to stay where the staff cannot do enough for you.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

stayed in garden cottage. nice private beach with ample seats. friendly balinese service which is the bali attraction.

however interiors are a bit weird. designer love huge sliding doors that is clumsy and clunky and in the way of either the tv when you open main door, or sunlight and tv when you need to open the wardrobe.

they have a huge bath tub which cuts into the area for the washbasin and splashed everywhere everytime you shower... flower in the bowl at washbasin is nice touch but the flowers were withered and looked yukky..... hmmm, short of perfect.

have a huge empty garden, could have made it more aesthetic. bed with mosquito netting but it was not a netting but cotton so it gets hot if you put the drapes down and get bitten by mozzies if you put it up...

but loved the beach and the pool area and breakfast service. food is okay only but that's bali. not the best place for dining.

1  Thank crazylion1
Charles K, General Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

​​Dear crazylion1,

apologies for the delay in responding to your recent post and thank you very much for taking the time to express your impression and experience of the resort.

We understand the challenges you faced in your room and we will aim to rectify them in the near future. We hope you are able to stay with us once again and to review the development we have made.

Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to improve on our guest experience.

With very best regards.

Charles.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

If you look for excellent service, a genuine smile and a place out of the busy sides of Kuta, Sanur, then this is the place for you. A very limited number of cottages and villas in a lush garden. The bar restaurant offers a blend of Balinese and International cuisine, whereas the Indonesian Restaurant is the place to discover the secrets of a full of surprises culinary culture. Praise to the chef!

The direct access to the beach makes of this lovely corner a plus: you may want to jog south in the morning and then north towards the fish market to live a truly authentic experience. Otherwise simply spend a lazy afternoon on the loungers: close your eyes and hear the sound of the ocean sipping your favorite drink.

What makes this property truly special besides the lovely appointed rooms is - by all means - its staff, always ready to recognize your name and ask you meaningful questions about your stay and experience.

A perfect place to spend romantic days out of the crowd, especially if paired with its sister property in the middle of the Island: Ubud Hanging Gardens.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at Jimbaran Puri Bali for 6 nights and I whole heartedly concur with all the other reviews. I was trying to decide between the Intercontinental and Puri Bali and after checking out the Intercontintal during my stay, I was very pleased with my decision. Not that the Intercontintal isn't beautiful - I just thought the pool area, private beach and grounds were a lot better / more sophisticated at Puri Bali. In addition, Puri Bali has the feeling of a small / boutique property and the Intercont. is huge and potentially better for people with children (play equipment, more kids etc.).

Unfortunately we didn't have the budget for a pool villa so went for the cottage which more than met our expectations. The room was extremely well appointed with your own terrace and small courtyard. While a private pool would have been fantastic, I felt that the shared pool area at Puri is so amazing I would have hardly used my own small pool. A personal preference I know.

Agree with the other reviews that the price of food / drinks is very high at the hotel. I believe the hotel would do better by lowering their prices as their restaurants / bar area were dead at night. I note that the management says the costs are in line with other similar hotels however this change would make them much more desirable I believe and generate more money for them in the long term. I would have definitely spent more money at the hotel if the prices were more reasonable. My advice to friends / anyone reading this review would be to drink / eat elsewhere until this change is made.

Approx. 300 metres from the hotel are the most amazing fresh seafood restaurants where you can dine on lobster, crab prawns for a fraction of the price you would pay at the hotel. I purchased a large lobster, 1 kg of prawns, drinks, rice, salad etc. for $75 AUD - unbelievable!!

Staff were fantastic and very eager to help with any request.

I highly recommend this hotel and would return in the future.

Room Tip: Request that the hotel gives you a coil at night as lots of mosquitos.
2  Thank kath31Melbourne