“Fell in Love with Ayana!”

AYANA Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit to Bali. Stayed in Ayana with my best buddy, we decided to splurge in an affordable luxury (some discount for "early birds").

The room is of utmost comfort, superb bed, shower & deco, green view towards ocean..everything is perfect.

The infinity pool is our favourite, its so calming and has a great view towards the ocean.

The breakfast is heaven, with live traditional musical instruments played.

A privileged for guest is definitely the Rock Bar. We skipped the long queue and enjoyed the sunset at Rock Bar.

The resort provides free facilities for gym, sauna, jakuzzi and chargeable for spa package.

This is a very huge resort, don't forget to visit Kubu Beach (private beach with spectacular cliffs view), visit Ayana's sister - Rimba, and other free shuttle services provided by the resort.

All in all, our experience was much worthy for what we've spent, will definitely come back!

The only thing to note is that wifi service is available but not for free. Nevertheless, who need wifi when you come purely to indulge in this great combination of luxury with nature ;-)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear ‘blacknose M’

Thank you for sharing your feedback about AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am very pleased to hear that you felt pampered by our unique facilities and the warm service during your stay.

I am also glad that you took advantage of the complimentary shuttle to visit our new sister hotel RIMBA Jimbaran Bali where guests can enjoy the pools, restaurants and facilities there, providing two hotel experiences within our integrated resort concept.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

It was the best holiday I've had! We initially booked for the Jimbaran room but upon check-in they offered an upgrade for a good price so we upgraded to the Cliff Villa and stayed for 4 nights. It was just gorgeous! It's not cheap but is definitely worth it. All the staff were lovely and very accommodating (special mention to all the staff at Dava Restaurant for looking after us). The Rock Bar is a must-try, but we would've thought that as guests we could reserve a table. But the priority access was still a fair go. All in all it was a truly wonderful and relaxing experience, exactly what you want when on holidays. Will definitely be coming back!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ‘jhille29’

Thank you for your comments, I will share this with all DAVA Restaurant team members and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed at Ayana for 3 nights over a long weekend and loved the property. I had an oceanview room on the club floor with a balcony and it was quiet, spacious and relaxing. The property is expansive and set high up on the cliffs with beautiful sunset views. There are multiple restaurants to choose from and breakfast is buffet style with a broad selection.
The property is busy. Apart from guests staying at the hotel, guests from Ayana's sister hotel, Rimba have access and the general public also seems to be welcomed. There are 3 pools with poolside lounge service. Not surprisingly, the resort is built for couples. I think I was the only solo traveler during my stay.
Other reviewers have mentioned the Rock Bar and it is definitely the best spot to view the sunset. It does get crowded as many from outside the resort are welcome but worth the wait.
The spa was wonderful although the treatment rooms vary; some beautifully appointed and others a little tired. There was some construction going on while I was there so you didn't want to linger given the noise but that should be completed in a few weeks.
The only downside for me was the lack of beach access. You can get a shuttle to Ayana's beach but it is 178 steps down to reach it and it's relatively compact. I was looking for a beach for a long morning walk but it's necessary to take a taxi to reach the Jimbaren beach.
You can also visit Rimba but it is a completely different feel; very modern, cold, and stark in contrast to Ayana. I went over to visit but left immediately.
All in all, Ayana is a beautiful, relaxing spot.

Room Tip: Oceanview on the club level (4th floor) is best albeit expensive
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear ‘TrishaMD’

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay including Priority Access to Rock Bar and the Spa. I note your comment on the beach; as an alternative to a beach walk, we have a 3.5 kilometer jogging track that connects AYANA to RIMBA via our expansive gardens, and is a tranquil setting for a morning walk.

Again thank you for your great comment and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Ayana only for 2 days and one night, but it was amazing for us. We really could enjoy the resort. The view was breathtaking, we could see beautiful sea, feel the wind and the warm of sunlight.
You also must try the Rock Bar, new experience of enjoying the bar above ocean.
Unfortunately i got sick in the evening, but in the morning, a very caring staff , Ms. Sunari who in charge at club lounge , made me a special drinks and arrange the doctor to see me in the room. It was very toughful.
Overall, we are very satisfied and definitely will recommend Ayana to others and back again to enjoy all the things there.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ‘Loveist’

Thank you for your comments after staying at AYANA, albeit for only one night. I am sorry to hear you fell ill during your stay, but I’m glad to know that you still enjoyed your time with us and I will personally share with Ms. Sunari your inspiring note.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you are looking for a romantic getaway in beautiful surroundings then this is the place. Ayana is the most beautiful resort we have ever stayed in. We spent two nights in the cliff villas which are luxurious and spacious. We had our own private pool and views over the ocean and the rock bar.
We spent 5 nights on the club floor of the resort which includes all your meals and drinks. You can eat and drink from7am until11 pm for approx $100 au this is geat value if you enjoy drinking cocktails.The staff on the club floor and all over the resort make you feel like a very special guest and they all remember your name. We will definitely be coming back to Ayana.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We spent all day at this resort and it was fantastic. Luxury place but not cheap. The grounds are well maintained as everything else. What a wonderful SPA, it takes 2 hours to go around the water jets and the view it is fantastic. The Rock Bar is something that must be seen.....awesome.
The pools are also amazing. We will be back

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘numer01’

It is truly rewarding to read your compliment and I’m glad you enjoyed the Aquatonic Pool thalassotherapy treatment, and the Rock Bar. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I went with my family to ayana . The trip n stay was awesome. We enjoyed a lot.the pools are too good. Jacuzzi is not that great. Rock bar is awesome. The only sad point was we had to arrange our own chairs. Cocktails are very good.view is breathtaking. Ayana breakfast was very sumptuous. Room s very neat n well maintained

• Stayed: March 2014
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear “explorer1785”

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa.

It’s a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful family vacation at AYANA and enjoyed the various resort facilities. I will share your note on Rock Bar with the team so that we can take more care to assist every guest from the first moment of arrival and escorting to their table. I am glad that you enjoyed your holiday and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Roger Habermacher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
The Ritz-Carlton, Bali
The Ritz-Carlton, Bali
#7 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Villas at AYANA Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!