“Wonderful place!”

Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Vevey
“Wonderful place!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were there for only a short stay, which was unfortunate. The property was beautiful! We stayed in a room with sew view, just over looking the golf course. Check in was fast and staff very friendly.

The room was very well furbished with Balinese furniture. Bed was really comfy. I appreciate most was the bouquet for flowers and fresh fruit upon our arrival. Very nice touch.

As it was night time when we arrived, we decided to head towards the famous Rock Bar. That is the only place to get WiFi in public areas. Otherwise one would have to pay for the WiFi time. Something I appreciate especially in a resort hotel. How can one relax and connect with the real world when one is always connected to the virtual one? However, the husband was not very happy about not having WiFi.

Breakfast was scrumptious. Was buffet style with lots of choice. One thing we did not appreciate was the amount of half eaten food by some uneducated guests from a specific country. Table was full of half eaten food as they pile food up like there is no tomorrow, leavening the staff running about cleaning up after them, while they (the guests) go and take more! So sad. Due to these people, the staffs were unable to set up available table for other guests arriving to break their fast.

We used their salt water infinity pool right after breakfast. And there was no more deckchair available. Good thing was only a few minutes wait. We went swimming in their other pool in the evening. Was great! But there won't be a lifeguard available, so swim at your own risk!

Since it was just a short stay this time, we will definitely go back for a longer stay to explore the island further and enjoy the many hotel facilities we did not get to use this time around.

Room Tip: Although all rooms seem to be facing the sea, its wise to call to double check if the sea facing vie...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
AYANARESORT, Resort Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear ‘tempt78’

It’s a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your ‘short but sweet’ stay at AYANA Resort and Spa including the views, facilities and warm service. I am also glad you enjoyed the breakfast, and we are pleased to inform you that we now allow guests to choose from 3 restaurants for daily breakfast: international buffet at Padi or To’ge, or a la carte at Dava.

We offer complimentary WiFi in the public areas of the resort, or you can also enjoy the tram ride to our sister hotel RIMBA Jimbaran Bali by AYANA to enjoy their facilities including the complimentary access of WiFi in all areas.

Again thank you for sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA and RIMBA.

Best regards,

Clive Edwards
Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and loved the room we had which overlooked the gardens. Rock bar is amazing, the waitress we spoke to the night before organised a table for us as it was my boyfriends birthday and really made us feel special with a complimentary chocolate dessert. The food was a little expensive and I recommend paying for breakfast included in your booking. The beautiful lower pool had great sun beds and the pool staff were so friendly and helpful.
The female pool attendants was so lovely, she even offered to take sunset pictures for us and another couple around the pool!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Toni C
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We really liked the Ayana and it was exactly what we wanted before heading to Ubud. Pools were great, not really a beach but that didn't bother us. Food was good and had a mix of international cuisines. Only issue we had was the airport transfer never showed, so we ended up getting a taxi. No big deal, the Ayana double upgraded us for the inconvenience, so a 1 bedroom suite more than made up for it. Wira the bartender was great, he can seriously make up any concoction known to man. We spent time at the bar each night he was working in fact. He's pretty good at card tricks as well, ask him to show you a few, he's pretty clever. All in all we had a fun time at the resort though, and we would definitely stay again one day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had an absolutely perfect wedding at Ayana.

Our goal was to have a wedding we ourselves and our guests enjoyed while not having to do much organising. Fortunately for us, our Ayana wedding planner Marsella was incredible and looked after us very well.

Everyone who stayed in Ayana and Rimba loved the hotel and the ultra friendly staff. There was plenty to do for those who wanted activities, while those who didn't had the option of lazing around 12 different pools. I can't imagine how our stay and the event could have gone better. And I do highly recommend requesting Marsella if you're planning on doing an Ayana wedding!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I heard so many good comments about the resort and of course the famous Rock's bar that I decided to come down and experience the resort myself. Having my own travel business I always try to experience places myself before recommending them to my clients and thank God Bali for me wasn't exception. The location of the hotel is picturesque and the territory is well looked after. For me that were the only highlights of our three day stay. The resort isn't that massive, only 290 rooms plus villa but somehow we felt ourselves just "a number". There were no personal touch in anything, we felt we were just a part of a crowd. There are many restrictions for the facilities as well. You cannot reserve the sunbed by the ocean pool. They give you literally 10 min to be away from your sunbed. If you want to go for breakfast or lunch to the seat down cafe or restaurant you better take your belongings with you and vacate the sunbed, otherwise the staff will remove your things while you are away to offer the space to other guests. Apparently this is the management instruction. You need to que to get to Rock's Bar along with non residents of the hotel but in a different line, you can't choose the table you want and you can't book it neither. First come first serve basis. For me it's unexceptable! You pay to stay at the resort and the hotel must offer you an option to book the table, even if with min spend which we would happily accept instead of not knowing whether you get the table for sunset or not.
If you are a beach seeker you need to take shuttle bus that also stops at the spa, sister hotel, villas and finally beach, approx 10 min. Be ready to walk down over 200 steps to finally reach the beach. Oh and there is no F&B service there, you need to arrange a picnic box in advance. Definitely not my dream beach choice...
F&B at the resort is not bad but limited - 3 restaurants and 1 cafe but you can use the restaurants of their sister hotel. I recommend the seafood restaurant Kisik. Stunning location and beautifully cooked food.service was great as we'll. However service wasn't great eveywhere. In Italian restaurant we received a glass of chilled red wine. The waiter explained that due to the warm weather it's better to drink it chilled :)) my husband asked for some olives during the dinner and received 3 olives!! When he approached waiter and asked for more, saying he wouldn't mind to pay for them, he received another two olives. I'm not joking!
Another minus for us was a wrong nationality ratio, I would even say non existence. As a hotelier I know how important is to keep the fair nationality ratio, especially during the high season to make everyone feel comfortable. Due to the Asian ownership (I believe), Asians were dominating significantly. Also F&B majorly dominates with Asian food. Please don't take me wrong, I'm not being a racist, I'm quarter Asian myself. But as a guest it's important to have sense of belonging and not feeling a stranger.
Rooms are okay, nothing really special. We stayed in third category, Club room. Quiet spacious.
Spa is nicely located and have beautiful set up but if you look for a real Balinese treatment experience this is not the right place for you. Extremely commercial, expensive and the quality of treatments wasn't that great. We paid for our couple treatment 540 US dollars and trust me I wanted to cry after the treatment was over. We came down from ubud where we stayed in the spa retreat. Can't be compared... So as prices.
Despite of all those unpleasant experiences there was one person who made the difference to us. Guest services managed Aning. Thank you for everything you have done for us, highly appreciate your attention and care.
My personal recommendation to my clients would be: to either stay in the resort for max 2 nights as the location is really stunning or just come by to visit Rocks Bar, seafood restaurant and stay somewhere nearby. I would definitely not recommend this resort to beach or spa lovers, or those ones who knows what personal service is.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank IrinaFoster
AYANARESORT, Resort Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear ‘IrinaFoster’

Thank you very much for your feedback after staying in a Club Room at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am pleased that you found the resort’s location picturesque, and that you enjoyed the cuisine and service at the beach-front Kisik restaurant. I appreciate your feedback on the areas where we did not meet your expectations and where we can improve. I understand your disappointment at not being able to reserve a sunbed at Ocean Beach Pool, which is our most popular pool due to its beach-front location and salt-water. We do have 10 other pools (4 freshwater pools at AYANA, and another 6 at RIMBA), and we also have 15 restaurants and bars across the resort as we endeavor to provide a variety of poolside experiences and cuisine for our guests, in a range of different environments. For maximum tranquility and exclusive amenities, I recommend one of our 78 private Villas which each have their own pool and 24-hour butler service. The River Pool located near to the Villa Lobby is also a tranquil space, and the ‘secret’ pool of AYANA that few guests visit, and I highly recommend it.

I understand your concern about Rock Bar Bali being busy especially in peak holiday periods and not taking reservations, although we prioritize in-house guests at the inclinator and for seating at the bar. Currently we have capacity for 297 people seated at Rock Bar, and to support the demand we are expanding the Sami-Sami Bar at the cliff-top so that guests may choose to enjoy the sunset view from the cliff-top.

In regards to our guest ratio, it is a reflection of Bali’s overall guest ratio which is heavily influenced by the strong regional tourism, with the top markets coming from within Asia due to the short-haul travel, compared to longer-haul travel from Europe or America.

I will share all of your feedback about our facilities and services with our team so that we may address each concern to improve our guest experience. Your feedback is so important to us and I really appreciate you taking the time to provide such detailed notes on your stay.

I am delighted that Aning took such good care of you and will personally thank her and recognize her service and professionalism. She is a valued and long-time member of our team and we are glad she is as memorable to our guests as she is to our entire team.

Again thank you very much for sharing your feedback.

Best regards,

Clive Edwads
Resort Manager
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This has got to be the best resort I have been too. . Beautiful Amazing and out of this world. Ideal location to relax and have no worries. The downside is that they have limited access to the beach, and the swimming area requires a drive. But no doubt 10 out of 10 .

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank afzalmoti
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 July 2014

our honeymoon trip was amazing, Ayana team had prepared all of our inquiries correctly
Rock bar is wonderful place for Sunset
We recommend Ayana for honeymoon stay
The staff are professional and friendly

Room Tip: please try aqua tonic pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
#10 of 199 in Ubud
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,007 reviews
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!