From the moment of arrival you are welcomed by the incredible staff at this luxurious resort. We stayed in a deluxe ocean view room - were offered an upgrade to a villa, but at $250 more per night, decided our room was pretty good anyway. I cannot praise the staff enough, the little things like remembering your name and your favourite drink add to the enjoyment of your stay in this wonderful place. We ate in the Kisik, Sami-Sami, Padi and Damar Terrace, and enjoyed drinks at the much talked about Rock Bar. The food, although quite expensive, was of a very high standard, so was happy to pay the price. So many swimming pools, you can always find a quiet place to relax. The walk down the 184 steps to the small Kuba Beach was worth it - we also saw some monkeys wandering around there, which was a bonus. Take advantage of the return journey to the airport, it makes your trip seamless at a very reasonable price. There were just a few things I would have changed to make my stay complete:
1. Free Internet Access (think this is the way forward)
2. Make soft drinks less expensive.....happy to pay for cocktails, but £4 for a can of coke/sprite is a bit extortionate! Also, for guests like us, who didn't have a breakfast inclusive room rate - we only ate breakfast once because it was priced far to high - in our opinion
3. Let guests know you have a tour desk!! We didn't find out until 3 days into our 5 day stay that there WAS a tour desk - it's hidden away with no signs!
4. For your European guests......some milk in the room for your morning tea - please!
5. The atmosphere in the evenings are fabulous and intimate, but when it comes to reading the menu, it can be a little dark to be able to read it - perhaps you could 'up' the lighting just slightly (I'm being somewhat picky here!) because there is actually SO LITTLE to critisize at this resort.
We unfortunately didn't remember the names of the two staff members who made this a more memorable 5 day break, but one girl at the seawater pool/inclinator and another at the Damar Terrace were exceptional in there performance - just a shame I can't name them personally.
I would definitely recommend this resort to friends, we were probably at the top end of the age-group of guests staying here, but it didn't make the slightest bit of difference - you can get dance/house music at the Rock Bar until the early hours, or you can chill-out with the gentle background music in the Damar Terrace - your choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AYANA Resort and Spa Bali is a world-class destination resort located on 90 hectares of cliff-top land perched above Jimbaran Bay, just 10 kilometers from Bali airport. AYANA’s majestic sunsets and ocean-front views are complemented by white-sand beach and shared facilities as Bali’s only integrated resort with RIMBA Jimbaran Bali. With full access to all dining and recreation at both AYANA and RIMBA and complimentary resort shuttle, guests enjoy the most extensive on-site facilities of any resort in Bali. There are 18 restaurants and bars including the famous Rock Bar; exclusive private beach; 12 swimming pools; world-class Spa with Aquatonic Seawater Therapy Pool and Spa on the Rocks treatment; golf-putting and fitness center; and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your AYANA Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayana Hotel Jimbaran
- AYANA Resort And Spa Bali/Jimbaran