“Leave me here to die in Paradise”

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 16 August 2012

A birthday surprise for my husband in January. We spent 7 days at Four Seasons resort jimbaran Bay and 5 days at Four Seasons Resort north in Ubud. Jimbaran Bay offered luxury, fabulous dining and the privacy of a Villa overlooking the water and the Jimbaran Bay which lit up with fires at night. A truly beautiful vista by day doing yoga early morning or; at night dining in an intimate gazebo on the cliff edge overlooking the lights of Jimbaran. I enjoyed a number of spa treatments and a credit didn't go astray for a in room massage for my husband. After a night out at Kudeta I was suffering terrible heartburn and indigestion thinking I was having a heart attack all I could think was 'Leave me here to die Mr. Fawlty" as said by Manuel in Fawlty Towers this is Paradise. Four Seasons Sayan at Ubud is newer contemporary and jawdropping in its beauty set in the landscape atop a raging river it rises like a spaceship. The climate in the mountains of Ubud is a little cooler but the same attention to detail in rooms and service was impeccable and what we have come to expect at Four Seasons wherever they are are in the world. It is our 'home away from home' with comfort in the detail within the interiors of their suites or villas.

Room Tip: Request a sea close to the water.
1  Thank 124Chequeplease

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Yes the resort is amazing, gorgeous villas with private pool, fabulous food especially in Warung mie - try the ribs! But what makes this hotel is its staff. Everyone from the gardener to the GM. Personally greet you and offer assistance throughout your stay. I stay in many 5 star hotels in Bali which this hotel matches but have yet found another to rival them on their world class customer service. Four Seasons Jimbaran should look at training other hotels LOL

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking the time to pen this review of your experience at our resort.

Providing a consistent and high level of service is one of our top priorities and receiving comments such as yours on our service levels makes us feel proud and motivated. We are glad you left with fond memories of your time with us.

I would like to sincerely thank you and look forward to your return to our resort.

Mr Michael Branham

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Despite many people putting their extreme effort to make this hotel better, it just cant be the best hotel in the world! The hotel is located on the busy road full of motorcycles, and you have to cross it to get to the beach. Sometimes there is a person of the staff to help you cross and sometimes not. If you are on the beach you have to cross the road again in order to get to the toilet facilities. . On arrival you are shown to your room by a member of staff (Diana) who cannot give you your keys to the room. You have to be firm and ask another member of staff, and then you ll get it.:) Also there are only three restaurants, one for lunchtime and two for dinner. The breakfast was a la carte at first and they introduced buffet at the end of our stay. Booking restaurants outside was never very easy through tge concierge. The resident manager was extremely helpful ( Ari) and we asked him instead. I think the concierges have a policy to persuade people to dine inside the hotel, so booking a place is hard. However, we strongly recommend to dine outside, as there are many great places around. The spa is very good, and massages are the best!! Therapists vary, you have to find your own, but the spa is amazing! Generally I think we will definitely be back to Bali, it is a great place full of great friendly folk, but not to this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Sunpleaseplz
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your comments, both positive and where we need to improve. We are glad to read that you felt our spa was amazing and the service provided by Arya, our Residence Manager made your experience somewhat memorable.

On the other hand, I am truly sorry for the disappointment you felt in your experience with the lack of assistance from our staff and dining options available. We do take your comments very seriously and I have personally addressed these issues with my team members for discussion and immediate improvement. We strive for the highest levels of service and facilities and are saddened that on this occasion, we fell short.

I do however hope that we will have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to our Resort. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Until then I remain with warm regards from the island of the gods.

Sincerely.

Michael Branham
Four Seasons Resorts Bali
Email: michael.branham@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 9 August 2012

To celebrate our silver wedding anniversary we stayed two weeks in Bali, divided over 4 hotels : Hanging Gardens (Ubud), Matahari Beach Resort (Permutaran), the Royal Pita Maha (Ubud), and finally the Four Seasons in Jimbaran.
All of these are great hotels and can be warmly advised, but I think there is no better way to finish your holidays with such a wonderful place as the FS.
What a beautiful resort, and what a wonderful and luxurous room we had (Deluxe Ocean View) !
Unfortunately during our stay the beach restaurant PJ's was getting renovated but the Coconut Grove is a nice alternative for it.
The service of the staff is out of this world, so friendly and so considerate !
E.g. when we made the remark during breakfast that we like sirsak and nanka (special fruit) so much, somebody just went to the market and get it especially for us, even when it was not really the season !
Can you imagine that ??? Just unbelieveable !
We only stayed for 3 nights and for our last night a planned a secret romantic private dinner at our villa (babi guling). This was an unforgettable experience and is warmy recommended for people with a romantic mood !
The cooperation with the concerned staff to organize this event was great.
Before our dinner we enjoyed some wonderful Balinese dances performed at the local temple.
The quality of the dances (and we have seen a lot of them) was really great, and therefore it was unbelievable that there were only 3 people (including us) who attended this performance.
Such a pity, and we felt quite ashamed that so few people appreciate this wonderful piece of art and history...
Aren't there any drawbacks ? Of course there are !
Compared to the other hotels we stayed, the bed of our room (228) was quite soft, rather small (I am 1.95 m), and it cracked.
Beside that, the prices for beverages and food are immensely high.
Of course, I realize that we are in a 5 star hotel, and one of the best in the world, but paying more than € 20,- for just a simple glass of wine is ridiculous !
That most probably is why I noticed that the restaurant hardly hosted any people when we were there; I think most of them went to the beach where you can have an excellent, romantice dinner with candle-light for only 20% of the price they ask for at the FS.
But except of this, I believe that the FS at Jimbaran is one of the best hotels in the world to spend your holidays or special occasions, if you can afford it...!

Room Tip: Just go for the Deluxe Ocean-view; this really offers added value
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Dear Bert and Monique

Thank you for your most woonderful review on your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay. It is an honour to be chosen as the venue for the special celebration of your silver wedding anniversary.

It is an absolute pleasure to hear that you enjoyed a memorable experience while staying with us.

It is feedback like yours that makes me proud of my team and I will certainly share your kind words with my them as there is no better way to motivate than a positive message. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for it.

I am very sorry to hear about the bed incident. Our beds are standard size and sometimes do not cater to few tall guests while your comment on the prices of food and beverage, we do benchmark our prices and unfortunately due to heavy taxes, wine prices are a little high. Thanks nonetheless for your feedback and we will table them for an internal discussion.

Bert, Monique, do let me know if you return to Bali. We will be only too happy to welcome you back to our resorts.

Michael Branham

Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

This was an amazing experience. The staff were fantastic, so warm and friendly without being in the way. The villa was wonderful as was the whole resort. We loved the beach at Coconut grove ( and cocktails there in the evening). Hope I can stay here again one day!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We spent six nights of our honeymoon in this wonderful place. Our villa was very comfortable and very romantic - we loved the open-air living spaces - with a (tiny) dip-pool and beautiful views of the beach and the bay. The beach is beautiful and apparently much safer than many of the other beaches in South Bali. We loved watching the fishermen in their traditional boats. The resort is not cheap, but we loved every second we spent in it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Mette

We are delighted to hear that you "loved every second" of your experience at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran.

The resort does offer, among others, couples celebrating their honeymoon a perfect ambience and we are happy that you had a memorable honeymoon experience here with us.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Mr Michael Branham

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We do a lot of travelling and would have to give the Four Seasons eleven out of 10!!!! From check in to check out everything was perfect. We stayed 8 nights in a Deluxe Ocean View room which was beautifully appointed and the view was stunning. The grounds and gardens are a delight. Though a large hotel, normally we would choose a smaller boutique hotel, the service in all areas was very personal which made you feel a bit special. We ate often in the Hotel and found the food to be excellent. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay with you such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The rooms with ocean view are well worth it
1  Thank Liana J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
The St. Regis Bali Resort
The Legian Bali
#4 of 148 in Seminyak
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
AYANA Resort and Spa Bali

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!