“Amazing place to stay.”

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 12 September 2012

The four seasons in Jimbaran is a great place to stay. The staff and service are superb. The breakfasts were excellent, particularly having it served in the villa.There is not much to do nearby but the beach is on the doorstep. Overall a great hotel, particularly for couples.

Room Tip: While ocean view villas are amazing, you are paying a lot extra for the view, when there are better...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

We aim to maintain a high level of quality and standards both in terms of service and food and beverage, and receiving a review like yours is testament to us heading in the right direction.

I would like to thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you in the future if you are in Bali.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

I really love this hotel for two main reasons, first the villas are very nice, a colonial style with balinese touch I like that, and the private pool is great. the second reason is the garden and the service.
The only problem is the location, nothing much to do except having a nice dinner on the beach at one of the many fish restaurant.
My tip : I spend 5 days in legian and I end my journey at the 4 seasons :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My husband and I just returned from a lovely stay in one of their villas with a private plunge pool, cabana, outdoor shower and massive bedroom. It is great for honeymooners and people who want to get away from it all. The location is not very convenient for those who like shopping and eating out as it's quite secluded. However it is a 10 minute walk downhill to Jimbaran Bay seafood stalls that sells the most amazing seafood. Taxis are cheap in Bali so everything is a taxi ride away and from the hotel the taxis are quite comfortable and I was surprised that most of them speak English. Booked a taxi from the hotel all day for US $60. Very reasonable and the taxi driver showed us the sights. The service in the hotel is faultless except I feel that all the amenities are quite expensive. But if you want to spoil yourself, why not! Go to the Coconut Grove and have a Pina Colada, really feels like heaven. There's golf carts that ferry you around the facility because the hotel is sprawling and on a hillside so for the less able, it might be an effort ,so hence the golf carts. They have thought if everything to make your stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed a memorable stay at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed the villa and it's features as well as the service from our dedicated team and I will share this with my staff, who I am sure will feel very appreciated that they provided a memorable stay for you.

The resort is indeed for guests "who want to get away from it all" and as you rightly pointed out, taxi's are available and convenient for guests seeking to do some shopping and dining outside of the resort, providing flexibility in your choice of vacation activity.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

The resort is amazing, gorgeous villas with private pools. But what makes this place so worth every penny is the friendly and available at all times staff. Everyone from the gardeners greet you with a smile and make you feel like you're the only one staying on the property. Good breakfast. And of you need a driver ask - watersport facility are good - the only problem we could see, but all over the island, is garbage everywhere - even in the water plastic is nearly everywhere

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Armin B
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Have been here several times over the last 10 years and have never been disappointed.

The rooms are amazing, they are standalone bungalows with their own dip pools. They have separate dinning area as well. You have serious privacy.

The food is only average for the price.

The service was above the normal Four Seasons level. They took care of everything you could possibly want.

The location is great, right on Jimbaran Bay.

Room Tip: Get one of the lower bungalows to the sea so you can hear the ocean. The ones farthest away from the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Scott

Thank you for your time in reviewing our resort. It is a pleasure to hear that you had a memorable experience.

As is often discussed, consistency in service is an important element for success and your experience of "never being disappointed" most definitely makes us feel proud in having provided this consistent quality service.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed the service from our dedicated staff and I will share this with them.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

My wife and I spend 3 nights at FS JB.
We have pretty high expectations when we stay at Four Seasons and this property did not meet them.
It was not a bad experience, just not the type and level of experience we were expecting.

The staff was good and very personable. Our "Village Chief" who looked after our Villa was exceptionally good.

The villa was great, with a great view of the bay (unfortunately, also the airport), so no issues with that.

We had spa treatments that were very good.

While relative small, 130 units, the property does not have an intimate feel to it.
Also, the layout of the villas are very much in a grid pattern, so you end up walking everywhere in narrow walkways shared with tons of golf carts...... in some ways giving it an urban vacation feeling.

Our biggest disappoint was the food.
It started with our first room service, where the food seemed like it had taken the long way to get to us.
The next morning we went for breakfast, which was ala carte, but they had set up a buffet and were pushing the buffet.
The buffet, however, was quite picked over and did not have a FS feel to it.
Additionally the place was understaffed and unorganized.
Our breakfast came before our coffee.
We had our breakfast in our room on remaining days and they did a good job with that.

We also ate in their main dining room, which was Italian, and it was very disappoint -- food that should not have been served at a FS.

Our last night we ate at the Chef's Table. This was a highlight of our entire trip to Bali and I would highly recommend it to people who value good food and good experiences.
They have a new Chef, Greg Bunt, who is revamping the menus and he spent the evening with us in a small kitchen. The food was great and hearing his vision was exciting for the future.
He had a new menu planned for their main dining room that was rolling out later that week.
He is also leading the reconstruction of their beach side dining which sounds like it may be quite remarkable.

Read about Chef Bunt at this site:

If you put a high value on your food as part of the overall experience, I cannot recommend until Chef Bunt gets his plan fully implemented -- at that point I would give them another look.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pattoe
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your comments, both positive and where we need to improve.

We are happy to read that you found our staff was 'good and very personable' and will share this with the team, especially with your Village Chief and our Executive Chef.

We are sorry to hear that our 147 villa resort did not present an intimate feel to you and apologise for the disappointment you felt with the breakfast and general dining experience. Striving for the highest levels of service and facilities sits high on our priority list and on this occasion, we are saddened that we fell short. We do take your comments very seriously and I have personally addressed these issues with my team members for discussion and immediate improvement.

I do however hope that we will have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to our Resort.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Until then I remain with warm regards from the island of the gods.

Four Seasons Resorts Bali
E-mail address: michael.branham@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 23 August 2012

The resort is amazing, gorgeous villas with private pools. But what makes this place so worth every penny is the friendly and available at all times staff. Everyone from the gardeners greet you with a smile and make you feel like you're the only one staying on the property. Great breakfast. And of you need a driver ask for Deva.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2012

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post your review of your experience.

I am happy to know that the service from our dedicated staff provided a memorable stay for you. I will share this with the respective team and leaders, who I am certain will feel very appreciated.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

Your sincerely

Mr Michael Branham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
The St. Regis Bali Resort
The Ritz-Carlton, Bali
#7 of 54 in Nusa Dua
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
AYANA Resort and Spa Bali

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!