Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Jimbaran
Los Angeles, California
“Utopia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This place blew me away. The grounds are beautifully tucked into the natural landscape on a bluff overlooking Jimbaran Bay. The individual villas make your stay feel personal and unique. It's like your own home, with a welcoming family. They are all stunning with their own pool and view, and outdoor living space. It was so nice to wake up in the morning, make coffee (they also provide coffee presses for each villa), and just relax outside in the beautiful surroundings. Usually I prefer to get out, see the town, meet people, and eat at street food vendors, but the four seasons made it difficult to want to leave. Food and drinks were amazing too!! On previous trips, I lean towards adventure travel, I like grungy places with loud energy, and a lot of people, but sometimes it's good to mix it up. My friends were going here, invited me to come along, so I went with it.

The service is out of this world. Little details I cannot say enough about. They are willing to bend over backwards for their guests. Not that one should ask them to, but they are willing to and that speaks volumes. Everyone greets you, often by your name (how they memorize all their guests' names is beyond me). When I would call the front desk they knew who was calling eventhough there was three of us staying in the same villa. The manager would chat with us in the morning at breakfast and ask about our stay, sometimes we even talked about family. One day upon returning from being out adventuring all day, several of them greeted us as we were dropped off by our driver and alluded to being slightly worried about where we had been all day. Not in a big brother, annoying way, but in a curious, protective way. The Balinese are some of the absolute nicest people I've ever met! I could go on and on about how nice everyone was and what an amazing stay we had here.

Thank you four seasons team for a great trip!

1 Thank Graciela_2013CA
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for sharing such a positive review.

I am thrilled to read that your stay was a special experience and our team did an excellent job of personally recognizing you and your preferences.

If I am allowed to say this, your words “Usually I prefer to get out … but the four seasons made it difficult to want to leave” show me that my team even manages to lure the most adventurous traveler. This speaks for itself and it shows me that my team truly managed to pamper you and make you feel completely at ease. It is a great compliment and I will definitely pass your words on to my team.

I would also like to thank you for highlighting the concept of our Resort in such a beautiful way – a Balinese Village Concept that combines cultural authenticity with luxury and perfect service.

It is beautiful to read that you felt in your villa as if you would be in your own home, and I hope that there will be a chance in the near future that you will return to your new second home and welcoming family at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay.

Michael Branham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We selected the Four Seasons Resort for our family ( 5 adults + 2 children, 1 and 3 yrs) holiday based on the Four Season's reputation -- we were not disappointed. From the airport pickup, 8 days in a three bedroom residence villa and the airport services on departure the resort was excellent. Without doubt the highlight of our stay was the service we received from the staff ( who were always friendly and accommodating) but especially our butler, Budi, who was exceptional and cheerfully and graciousily attended to our families every need - including the demands of small children. We could not have asked for better service.
Overall the Villa was excellent for our purposes, great pool, spacious living area and bedrooms but given their age some aspects are probably due for a refresh.
The traditional Balinese gardens and landscape added to the setting and charm of the complex. The residence villas are located a short distance from the main resort complex and hence are more exposed to local traffic etc which often caused added noise at night.
Food served at the Villa was very good and we enjoyed some great meals at the Sundara Restaurant which had amazing views.
An excellent location for a family holiday with service to dream of!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
First of all I would like to express my gratefulness to you for penning this review.

Thank you for valuing our Resort as “excellent”. Thank you for expressing your appreciation of our residence villas. Thank you for highlighting our excellent meals. The biggest thank you for coining our service as the “best ever”.

Your words show me that I have every reason to be proud of my staff for having gone that extra length to ensure your comfort.I am fortunate to have such an attentive team that provides service with warmth and grace. Reviews like yours are very rewarding for my team and I will definitely share your words with them, especially with Budi, whom I am sure will be very happy to hear that he made your stay special.

Thank you once again, all the best to your family and hope to welcome you again at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay.

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

From the moment you arrive, until you depart at the airport, nothing could be more wonderful. The room was perfect in every way, from the large outdoor living area and private plunge pool to the perfect bed and and wonderful indoor and outdoor showers.
The service was perfect as one would expect from the Four Seasons, but when we arrived at the airport after we checked out, and were greeted curb side, by name at the airport, by a Four Seasons employee who carried our luggage and escorted us through the entire check in process, our minds were blown!
Everything about our stay was perfect, except that it wasn't long enough!

Room Tip: Our room was an ocean front villa, and it was perfection in every way.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert S
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

had the 2 bedrooms villa, up on the hill side with a nice beach view...I think all the villas have nice beach view, or I may be wrong. The staffs are very nice and friendly, even the GM spent some time chatting with us. Due to the size of the property, golf cart with driver is provided 24 hours, and they always come in no time. Afternoon sunset at the Sundara Reataurant is also something can't be missed, oh and they also have a pretty good wine selection.

Room Tip: may wanna get a room in between lobby and the pool, so you can still walk around the property withou...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CPWuisan
Thank you for this kind review.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay.

I am happy that you mentioned in your review that you enjoyed a fantastic beach view from your villa. Having breakfast or having dinner in the privacy of one’s own villa with such a view is an outstanding experience for all our guests.

It fills me with joy to read that you enjoyed our beachfront Restaurant Sundara and that you appreciated our extensive wine selection. At Sundara, we have our own Sommelier, who is more than happy to assist guests in selecting the perfect wine to pair with their meal.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again and to have another chat with you.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I have traveled extensively and must say the Four Seasons Bali is the most unique and incredible place I have ever stayed. Esthetically breathtaking but what really impressed me is the staff. In the four days I have been here I have not walked by one person who has not smiled and said hello and asked if they could assist with anything. This resort is definitely a bucket list destination.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Reading reviews like yours fills me with pride and make me appreciate being able to manage this beautiful resort with its kind open-hearted people. It is wonderful to read that such an experienced traveler, as you are, values our Resort as ‘the best Resort ever’. Thank you so much for that.

As you mentioned in your review, each of our staff works very hard to make our guests’ stay very special. It is rewarding for my team to learn that we were able to deliver a memorable experience for you.
I would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay and to be able to ‘wow’ you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Had a one bedroom villa- it was absolutely beautiful. Very comfortable, spacious, awesome view. The service is unsurpassed- attention to detail is amazing. Every single staff member you see says hello and bows. Everyone is so attentive and literally anticipates your needs. Everything you have heard about Four Seasons is true here for sure. All the food was great, drinks, everything. The landscaping and water gardens throughout are beautiful.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very pleased to learn that my team was able to meet your personal expectations especially since we dedicate ourselves in striving for absolute perfection in order to make our guests’ stay as memorable as possible.

I personally think that you really captured all of the best elements of our Resort including the setting, accommodation and particularly the services. I am very grateful for your review shared here on Tripadvisor.

Your recommendation of our resort is highly appreciated and we hope to see you return soon.

United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Top notch service and wonderful private villa, pick a garden view room, #129, also have ocean view anyway. I loved the privacy and private dinning in the patio. Own pool, beautiful boardwalk by the ocean. Loved the Bali coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: #129 or any higher up villa
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.

Room #129 in which you stayed in indeed provides a great view over our beautiful and blooming gardens with the blue magnificent Indian Ocean in the background.

Having dinner in the privacy of your own villa and enjoying this amazing view is a great experience and I am happy to hear that you recommend this experience to others.
It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our Bali coffee - an authentic Balinese morning taste and a must do for all coffee lovers.

When your plans bring you back to Bali, please do let me know.

Michael Branham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
The St. Regis Bali Resort
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 54 in Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,335 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!