“Fantastic view, facilities, staffs!!!”

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Seoul, South Korea
“Fantastic view, facilities, staffs!!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I got a fantastic memory so recommend highly for traveller.
Pls visit! enjoy and delight!!!

And You will meet good staffs like Mr.Yoga, Mr. Bull.
It will be come true than your imagination.

Several type of pool facilities, served daily tasteful fruits, comfortable buggy kart service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DONG HOON L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 April 2014

As I (and I am sure the travel community in general) read reviews and do research, I am always trying to understand the reviewer's perspective. We all know that different factors are important to different reviewers. To help with this, the next paragraph provides some very brief perspective, followed by the actual review.

I take my family on at least one very nice trip each year, sometimes more. We are a family of four with two teenagers and oftentimes travel with friends or family. Our primary travel focus is to see new places and create family memories. In general, while I do look for value, our emphasis is a lot less on budget, especially when travelling to location(s) that we may only visit once in our lifetime. We have stayed at what some may consider the nicest beach resorts throughout the Caribbean, Hawaii, and the Philippines, and are fairly well-travelled in Europe. You generally won't see complaints about pricing of rooms and food at a hotel in one of my reviews as I generally try to research ahead of time and know what I am getting into, the exception being when a resort charges for very high level of services and does not deliver.... on to the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay.

Staff & Service. I can not overstate the positive impact the staff had on our stay at this resort. The process of getting from the plane to the car was the most efficient experience I have had internationally. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by a team of staff. The hotel manager, Mr. Branham, checked in on our family during a cooking class. Philip, one of the hotel managers, checked in with us daily, usually at a meal. The F&B manager checked in with us on our first day at breakfast. They didn't linger and weren't obtrusive in any way, but the message was clear: "we care about your stay and want to know if anything isn't perfect". I would be remiss not to mention that the highlight of our stay was our villa butler, Pageh. I have had several experiences with butlers at fine hotels including NYC, San Francisco, the Caribbean, London, etc. My opinion has been that the butler service is generally oversold/under-delivered, but not here. The attention to detail provided by Pageh is unmatched in our experience, and provided an opportunity for my children to see an example of what true service is, one that hopefully all of us can imitate in our communities and workplace. One person can make a difference, and Pageh certainly did for us. We left Bali and our next stop was a very, very well-run and service-oriented hotel. That hotel didn't make any mistakes, but the drop-off in the level of service was astounding. Well done, management and staff.

Food & Beverage. Everything you would expect at a four seasons resort. The variety of food, including local options and tourist-friendly was very much appreciated. We had breakfast at the resort, ate dinner at Sundara, and had room service multiple times. Food and service were excellent at each.

Resort Facilities & Location. This resort is built on a hill facing the sea. The views are spectacular. The resort is made up of individual villas, many of which have a private plunge pool. The grounds are beautiful, with interesting architecture, waterfalls, etc. We stayed in a Royal Villa, which was expensive but I highly recommend, given the privacy, the full size infinity pool, and the hot tub. The location on the island is convenient as it is only 20-30 minutes from DPS airport. To properly see Bali you will need to visit Ubud at least once (1.5 hour drive each way), and may want to visit some of the better beaches, and other regions of the island as it is quite divers. The beach at this resort is NOT commensurate with some pictures you may have in your mind when you think of Bali. The water is not crystal clear and water sports are not best suited for this beach (especially not snorkeling), but we researched and were aware of this going in. The beach is a marvelous local beach; frequented by local families (especially on Sunday), and there is stretch of local seafood restaurants about a 10-minute walk on the beach for the more adventurous.

We were only in Bali for four nights. Upon the concierge's recommendations, we visited Ubud, went white-water rafting (highly recommend) and had lunch at the four seasons in Ubud (very unique and spectacula resort) and did some shopping. We also took a cooking class at the resort, which included a visit to the local market (seafood and fruits and vegetables). This was a great way to experience the local lifestyle and cooking and eating a local meal.

In summary, and based primarily on the level of service we experienced at this resort, I highly recommend it.

3 Thank Marquis70
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
This is definitely one of the most remarkable and heart-warming reviews I have read in my many years as a General Manager.

I have just this to say – Wow! Thank you very much for your brilliant account. I will now let your rewarding, motivating and inspiring words speak for itself.

Thank you and without a doubt, our doors will always be open to your next visit.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Our family had a grand time lounging & relaxing at this 4S. Service was excellent. The grounds were beautiful & our villa was such a true place to relax. The beach was fun. We ended up spending some great family time on paddle boards & playing ping pong. There were a nice variety of options to enjoy the warm coastal waters! The food in both restaurants was excellent. (The tomato & avocado toast was out of this world delish!) We loved the jacuzzi & cold plunge pools experience also. We walked just past the water sports area to dine a couple nights on the beach. Prices were quite good & it was a nice experience. We have not a single complaint. This place was true 4S perfect experience.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Wow the team at Four Seasons Jimbaran were amazing the level of service was the best we had received, everything felt so personalised to us, all of the staff cared enough to ask us about the activities we had done the day before in detail & the fact they remembered exactly what we were doing the day before was amazing, I don't know how they do this for everyone in their resort. The spa activities were fantastic we did the free cycling tour & that was a lot of fun & a good work out as there was some hills involved. My husband & I also did the Balinese massage class which was a lot of fun & gave us some great practical skills to come home with as well. The villa rooms were outstanding, we were in a garden villa, the plunge pool & separate lounge dining area was fantastic, we loved the main room, beautiful big free-standing bath & outdoor garden & shower. Other things to mention are their restaurant Sundara, we ate here a couple of times, Sunday Brunch is one of the best things you will ever experience & you will come home wishing every Sunday was like this, so make sure you make a booking while you are there. Overall this resort delivered above all expectations & I would stay there again & again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Here at the resort, we strive to cater to every guest in the most personal way possible. We do not only want to pamper our guests but also deliver a remarkable experience for each and every one of them – A Four Seasons experience that goes beyond expectations and evokes beautiful memories when our guests are recalling their vacation once they are back home again.

Reviews like yours show me that we manage to create special moments and it is always wonderful to learn that our personalized service is appreciated by our guests. Therefore I would like to thank you for penning this review as words like yours are rewarding for my whole team.
Also many thanks for highlighting our beautiful villas and our Sunday Brunch at Sundara. It is indeed a great culinary journey on a leisurely Sunday and words like “you will come home wishing every Sunday was like this” puts a smile on my face.

It is great to hear that you are considering to return to our Resort and I hope that to be able to welcome to paradise in Bali.

Brisbane
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I just wanted to extend a massive thank you from myself & my Wife, our honeymoon was amazing & it was made extra special by so many little touches. Monique & I were amazed at the level of service given to us & commented on many occasions that in nearly 10 years working in the travel industry for both of us & staying in many 5 star properties in this time we have never received the amazing service like we had in Four Seasons Jimbaran & Sayan. The staff were so attentive and never faulted. I highly recommend doing the Sunday Brunch as well at Sundaraart of the four season, that was amazing

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our Resort as your honeymoon destination. We are so proud to have been part of this special event in your life.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the level of service of my dedicated team. Your comments on our service as the best that you have ever experienced in your travel career makes me proud of my team.

It is also great to read that you enjoyed our amazing Sunday Brunch at Sundara. I am always very happy to read when guests savour this feast of unique tastes combined with picturesque beauty of Jimbaran Bay on a leisurely Sunday.

It would be a sincere pleasure to be able to welcome you back when you celebrate your first wedding anniversary.

My best wishes to you and your wife.

Yours sincerely

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This place blew me away. The grounds are beautifully tucked into the natural landscape on a bluff overlooking Jimbaran Bay. The individual villas make your stay feel personal and unique. It's like your own home, with a welcoming family. They are all stunning with their own pool and view, and outdoor living space. It was so nice to wake up in the morning, make coffee (they also provide coffee presses for each villa), and just relax outside in the beautiful surroundings. Usually I prefer to get out, see the town, meet people, and eat at street food vendors, but the four seasons made it difficult to want to leave. Food and drinks were amazing too!! On previous trips, I lean towards adventure travel, I like grungy places with loud energy, and a lot of people, but sometimes it's good to mix it up. My friends were going here, invited me to come along, so I went with it.

The service is out of this world. Little details I cannot say enough about. They are willing to bend over backwards for their guests. Not that one should ask them to, but they are willing to and that speaks volumes. Everyone greets you, often by your name (how they memorize all their guests' names is beyond me). When I would call the front desk they knew who was calling eventhough there was three of us staying in the same villa. The manager would chat with us in the morning at breakfast and ask about our stay, sometimes we even talked about family. One day upon returning from being out adventuring all day, several of them greeted us as we were dropped off by our driver and alluded to being slightly worried about where we had been all day. Not in a big brother, annoying way, but in a curious, protective way. The Balinese are some of the absolute nicest people I've ever met! I could go on and on about how nice everyone was and what an amazing stay we had here.

Thank you four seasons team for a great trip!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Graciela_2013CA
Thank you so much for sharing such a positive review.

I am thrilled to read that your stay was a special experience and our team did an excellent job of personally recognizing you and your preferences.

If I am allowed to say this, your words “Usually I prefer to get out … but the four seasons made it difficult to want to leave” show me that my team even manages to lure the most adventurous traveler. This speaks for itself and it shows me that my team truly managed to pamper you and make you feel completely at ease. It is a great compliment and I will definitely pass your words on to my team.

I would also like to thank you for highlighting the concept of our Resort in such a beautiful way – a Balinese Village Concept that combines cultural authenticity with luxury and perfect service.

It is beautiful to read that you felt in your villa as if you would be in your own home, and I hope that there will be a chance in the near future that you will return to your new second home and welcoming family at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay.

Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We selected the Four Seasons Resort for our family ( 5 adults + 2 children, 1 and 3 yrs) holiday based on the Four Season's reputation -- we were not disappointed. From the airport pickup, 8 days in a three bedroom residence villa and the airport services on departure the resort was excellent. Without doubt the highlight of our stay was the service we received from the staff ( who were always friendly and accommodating) but especially our butler, Budi, who was exceptional and cheerfully and graciousily attended to our families every need - including the demands of small children. We could not have asked for better service.
Overall the Villa was excellent for our purposes, great pool, spacious living area and bedrooms but given their age some aspects are probably due for a refresh.
The traditional Balinese gardens and landscape added to the setting and charm of the complex. The residence villas are located a short distance from the main resort complex and hence are more exposed to local traffic etc which often caused added noise at night.
Food served at the Villa was very good and we enjoyed some great meals at the Sundara Restaurant which had amazing views.
An excellent location for a family holiday with service to dream of!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
First of all I would like to express my gratefulness to you for penning this review.

Thank you for valuing our Resort as “excellent”. Thank you for expressing your appreciation of our residence villas. Thank you for highlighting our excellent meals. The biggest thank you for coining our service as the “best ever”.

Your words show me that I have every reason to be proud of my staff for having gone that extra length to ensure your comfort.I am fortunate to have such an attentive team that provides service with warmth and grace. Reviews like yours are very rewarding for my team and I will definitely share your words with them, especially with Budi, whom I am sure will be very happy to hear that he made your stay special.

Thank you once again, all the best to your family and hope to welcome you again at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay.

Michael Branham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton Bali
The Ritz-Carlton Bali
#7 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!