Wow! Just back from a four day trip to Bali. Decided to try the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay and had a wonderful time. Arrived in the airport late afternoon and had pre booked a private transport on my own (The Four Seasons offer airport pick up but I felt it was a bit pricey).
We were booked into a Garden view room but they offered an upgrade to an ocean view at a discounted price. We decided to look at both and felt that the ocean view was worth the extra. We were promptly checked in.
The room was a bit dated but was very neat and clean. There is a plunge pool and a gazebo in all villas. The gazebo was great as we could lounge outside and not disturb if the other wanted to take a nap. And all eating could be done outside.
The property is large, and although it was 80% occupied, you felt the privacy and serenity. We hardly bumped into others except at breakfast and at the lobby. The beach is not great but the view out of the villa is quite spectacular. I must disagree with some reviews who complained about the airport noise from across the bay but we hardly heard it and sometimes just looking at aircraft taking off and landing from your villa at night can be quite therapeutic. All we did most of the day was gymming, reading, browsing, sleeping and eating- which we really needed after our hectic work schedules.
The property is quite large and spread out so getting to the gym or restaurant may need use of a buggy. This service was excellent and usually waited for no more than 10 minutes for a buggy to arrive despite the high occupancy. Somehow the staff seem to know your name when you pass them which is quite surprising, thus adding a personal touch to their service.
We dined at the Sundara Restaurant one night. The food, the ambience and the service was impeccable. The manager, Mr Pandey, took a personal interest and we were quite pleased. He even volunteered to book restaurants for the next day in Seminyak as it can be quite impossible to get a good Bali restaurant reservation at the last minute.
Room service was fast and well presented. The gym was well equipped. WiFi is free for 2 equipments in the room and WiFi is free in all common areas.
The only negative that I would say is that breakfast was very expensive for what was available (IDR 430000++) and food generally was a bit prohibitively priced.
We are saving money again for a return trip in August with the kids this time to try their 2 bedroom residence villa which comes with a butler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant Balinese-style Villas with stone walls, marble floors & thatch roofs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Bali At Jimbaran Bay Hotel Jimbaran
- 4 Seasons Resort Bali At Jimbaran Bay
- Four Seasons Jimbaran
- Jimbaran Four Seasons