“Staff makes stay perfect!”

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Melbourne, Australia
“Staff makes stay perfect!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We came to The Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay for my husband's work conference, and I will just say it was amazing! I had never been to Bali before, I thought it was beautiful, but what made it the best holiday ever was our stay here. The service was perfect, our villa was beautiful, and the whole property was really lovely and cared for. I had a massage at the spa that was the best one I had ever had. It was a work thing we were attending, so everything was so well planned and most of our meals were at the resort, but they were delicious! I think what made this resort so amazing to me was the staff, they really go out of their way for the guests. We had a swim and lunch at the quiet pool (what every resort needs) and the gentlemen that served us there was so attentive, he could see my sunglasses were a little grimy from sunscreen, so he whisked them away and brought them back in perfect condition! We had the most comfortable bed and the pillows were perfect. I am now ruined when I stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Malaysia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Wow! Just back from a four day trip to Bali. Decided to try the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay and had a wonderful time. Arrived in the airport late afternoon and had pre booked a private transport on my own (The Four Seasons offer airport pick up but I felt it was a bit pricey).
We were booked into a Garden view room but they offered an upgrade to an ocean view at a discounted price. We decided to look at both and felt that the ocean view was worth the extra. We were promptly checked in.
The room was a bit dated but was very neat and clean. There is a plunge pool and a gazebo in all villas. The gazebo was great as we could lounge outside and not disturb if the other wanted to take a nap. And all eating could be done outside.
The property is large, and although it was 80% occupied, you felt the privacy and serenity. We hardly bumped into others except at breakfast and at the lobby. The beach is not great but the view out of the villa is quite spectacular. I must disagree with some reviews who complained about the airport noise from across the bay but we hardly heard it and sometimes just looking at aircraft taking off and landing from your villa at night can be quite therapeutic. All we did most of the day was gymming, reading, browsing, sleeping and eating- which we really needed after our hectic work schedules.
The property is quite large and spread out so getting to the gym or restaurant may need use of a buggy. This service was excellent and usually waited for no more than 10 minutes for a buggy to arrive despite the high occupancy. Somehow the staff seem to know your name when you pass them which is quite surprising, thus adding a personal touch to their service.
We dined at the Sundara Restaurant one night. The food, the ambience and the service was impeccable. The manager, Mr Pandey, took a personal interest and we were quite pleased. He even volunteered to book restaurants for the next day in Seminyak as it can be quite impossible to get a good Bali restaurant reservation at the last minute.
Room service was fast and well presented. The gym was well equipped. WiFi is free for 2 equipments in the room and WiFi is free in all common areas.
The only negative that I would say is that breakfast was very expensive for what was available (IDR 430000++) and food generally was a bit prohibitively priced.
We are saving money again for a return trip in August with the kids this time to try their 2 bedroom residence villa which comes with a butler.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and go for the ocean view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AsianGeorges
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us.

I am happy to read that you decided to stay in one of our ocean view villas. The views are just spectacular and enjoying these views while having an in-villa dinner with loved ones is simply an amazing experience.

Just as you describe it nicely in your review, our guests enjoy a great feeling of privacy and serenity even at times when the Resort has high occupancy. This is always much appreciated especially from guests who want to escape from their stressful jobs for a few days and recharge their batteries.

I am delighted to read that you will return to our beautiful Resort in August. As you are planning to stay in one of our palatial two bedroom residence villas, I would recommend you to check our Four Seasons Bali website in advance. We have just recently launched a great 25% off package for our residences. Just so you are aware, the month of August is high season in Bali and so try not to wait too long in making your booking.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This property is one for the bucket list! We spent 4 days here in February and then went on to stay at another property but it is now difficult to stay anywhere else when you've experienced the best, so we came back to Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay to end our trip on a high note. The service is exceptional. There is value for every dollar spent & the staff delivers beyond expectations every single time. The GM leaves nothing to chance and helps you to plan every part of your day. The Rooms Director, Spa Manager and Food & Beverage Director work together daily like an orchestrated symphony to insure that your stay is perfect in every way. They anticipate every need and plan together to make it a memorable experience for you. The couples spa, cooking class, daily cocktails at Sundara (every cocktail is created to perfection--Summer Rain left me begging for more & the scrumptious Balinese breakfast immediately cured me of my hangover the next day) created a lifelong memory for me that I have shared with anyone who will listen. The room was a perfect sanctuary & I would have been pleased to spend my entire trip within the confines of the room (complete with plunge pool & butler!) --- but there was so much going on in & around the property that I didn't want to miss a day of exploring. The cooking class with Chris & his assistant was fantastic!! They made us feel confident in the kitchen-- they made us feel like family. Did I mention that the weather was perfect everyday?! Yes, there was rain, but when it rains in paradise, it doesn't matter. Here's what makes this property stand out from all the rest- every person that works at Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay treats this place as if it were their own home and they welcome every guest as if they were family. Heartfelt thanks to Michael, Philip, Awin, Rocky, Chris and your entire staff (I wish I could remember all of your names). We will definitely be back again. Terima kasi!!

Room Tip: Every room is a fantastic choice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Sama-sama and thank you so much for penning these beautiful words. Wow is all that comes to mind now.

Your words reinforces how much I should appreciate being able to work on a daily basis in such a beautiful Resort together with such fantastic people. I am happy to hear that we made you feel welcome in our big Four Seasons family.

I have already shared your review with my whole team as words like yours are rewarding, motivating and inspiring. I am happy how your words resound our dedication to absolute perfection even when it comes to curing hangovers resulting from our delicious Sundara cocktails.

I am delighted to hear that you are planning to return to our beautiful Resort. I can also promise you that my team will perform an “orchestrated symphony” during your next visit to ensure that your stay is perfect in every way. Please do not wait too long with returning ‘home’ to paradise.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary in January this year. Having had previous getaways in Thailand, Maldives, and assorted beach resorts, we decided to return to Bali after an absence of a decade or so.

First things first. People tend to think of Bali as a great beach resort destination, particularly for couples. In my opinion, it isn't. There are tons more romantic and "beach-centric" places to be had. the seas around most of Bali's popular sea front areas are quite laughable actually. Unless you go to an out of the way place like Uluwatu etc, you can find much nicer beaches in Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, and other parts of Indonesia. even then, you can see stunning seascapes, but access is another issue. Look elsewhere if you are indeed looking for a romantic beach getaway.

Now that's no fault of Bali itself or indeed of this property. Bali has other charms to offer, fantastic food and great shopping among them. As for the Four Seasons Jimbaran, what stands out is the service, it's very good. Almost perfect bar one or two minor slip-ups. However, the room itself was a tad underwhelming. It's not quite in the same class as say, the property in Samui, rather small, and even the Deluxe Ocean view is better classed as Deluxe Tree view with some glimpses of the sea.

One reason why we chose this hotel was that other villas didn't advertise or claim a sea view. we were surprised that for an island destination so many beachfront properties had walled in villas and Four Seasons was an exception.

We will probably come back to Bali again, but not for a romantic couple's getaway type vacation. Four Seasons? Umm, we'll see. It's pricey, the view is ok but not worth the premium.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We decided to stay at the Four Seasons on our last night in Bali, as it just a short way to the airport, and has a good reputation. When we checked in we were met by the General Manager, who asked us what we wanted to do etc. When I said "tennis partner" he called a guy and that was all settled in minutes. Amazing service!
We spent most of the time by the long pool by the sea. 75 m long pool, with very cool restaurant which makes very good food, and excellent drinks. Happy hours from 5-7 pm. In the night they have cool DJ-s playing lounge like music. At day time very relaxing daybeds. This place is absolutely extraordinary.
All in all - quality is super and so is service. The only minus is the price which is a bit too high when you travel with the family. We got a special price and paid around USD 500 pr night for a double. We also had breakfast. ooops! Not included? There goes another USD 120 for 4 persons.
So overall - fantastic place where you would like to stay for a week - if this kind of money is no problem

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Danville, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just spent a week at Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay. Wow. We went to the resort a few days before we were to check in (we were staying in a rented house with friends for the first week) and we said we'd like to have lunch and look around. When we said we wanted a restaurant with air conditioning (it's hot and humid, and we are from the San Francisco area) the woman at the front desk put us in a buggy (oversized golf cart) and the driver, in traditional Balinese costume, whisked us to Sundara, their restaurant on the beach. It's a two or three minute buggy ride, but very walkable from any villa - the buggy has to take a circuitous route because it can't do stairs. But you can. Or you can call a buggy - they have a dedicated line and arrive within minutes.

When we got to Sundara the hostess said "Hello, Mrs Wallner, I understand you want to dine inside in the air conditioning." How did she know?

When we were paying for our lunch, they kept asking us the name of our driver, and I kept saying "We're not staying here, we have an outside driver" thinking we'd need a buggy back to reception to meet our driver. Wrong. Even without my help they found our driver and had him waiting right outside the restaurant.

And that amazing level of service continued throughout our week long stay.

There is a 50 meter pool (great for laps) just above the ocean, with padded cubbies big enough for a family (with an awning for shade if you want it), a quiet pool (hooray! why don't more hotels do this?) for relaxing and reading, a couple more swimming pools below the quiet pool, a beach area with all the toys: stand up paddle boards, boogie boards, fins and reef walkers, snorkels and masks and Hobie cats. And a surf school right next door. The pool guys bring you bottles of water, and fresh ice about every ten minutes (it's hot, it melts) and they wander by occasionally with cones of mango sorbet one day, watermelon on sticks the next.

There are no bad villas. All are at least one bedroom (some are two, and up to four bedroom villas are available in the residence club section) each in its own private walled garden. The rooms have no shared walls - another great idea.

Our villa had a huge bathroom - two sinks, large free-standing tub; an indoor and an outdoor shower, great shampoo and conditioner (and I'm really picky about that), two large closets, a king bed with top quality sheets and down pillows (no hockey pucks!) a desk, wi fi, tv and an audio system that works with your phone or ipad, and twice a day maid service.

Every villa also has an outdoor open air living/dining pavilion - the perfect place to curl up with a book or have a private dinner, and a plunge pool. Not huge but big enough to cool off, so private you can skinny dip, and we used ours every day. Great place to watch the sun go down.

You can go to the yoga and cooking classes, work out at the gym - surprisingly large and well equipped. You can go mountain biking, have a driver take you out to see more of Bali. Shop for art, hike the rice paddies, visit temples, go to the public beaches and people watch. Or you can just relax. In heaven.

If you go, order the Babi Guling dinner to be served in your pavilion. It's suckling pig, needs to be ordered at least a day in advance, and it was incredible. Four courses, and the waiter came back with each course piping hot, old dishes whisked away, and left us to enjoy our meal in peace. All room service should be like this.

A further note: look for internet specials. When we booked they were offering 30% off. Still expensive but worth every penny.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. If you can afford an ocean front, go for it. But all rooms are incredible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jill A
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
First of all I would like to express my personal gratitude to you for taking the time to write this long and candid review.

I like how you have a great eye for detail. It is a pure pleasure to read how in detail you described your experience. I am glad that that the small touches in particular t made your stay so special.

Thank you for your great description as it most definitely provides a great outlook for future guests as to what they may expect when booking a stay at our Resort.

I hope I will be able to welcome you again to this heaven-like place and would like to remain with the sincere promise that during your next visit you won’t have to lay your head on a ‘hockey puck like’ pillow at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay.

Your sincerely,

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Beautiful place to stay. Expensive for Bali, but well worth every penny. Everything about it is flawless. Staff are outstanding. Each vill has its own private Infinity pool, outdoor room with day bed and dining area, outdoor shower area along with pool area. Villas inside are stunning. All villas are extremely private surrounded by high brick walls

Room Tip: Great knowledge and accomodation of those needing Gluten Free food
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
“Fantastic resort” - Thanks for the compliment.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and that you appreciate the design of our villas very much. Thank you for sharing your personal experience and appreciation with other travelers.

The design of our Villas is unique in Bali and enables our guests to enjoy generous space and comforts in luxurious setting. The outdoor showers you mentioned are simply loved by our guests and even though the villas are “extremely private”, the architecture delights guests with a feeling of openness.

Please do not wait too long to return to paradise Bali and we look forward to welcome you back.

Michael Branham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton Bali
The Ritz-Carlton Bali
#7 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!