“We'll definitely be back!”

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have just returned from 10 days at the fabulous Four Seasons at Jimbaran. I was with my eight year old daughter and we were completely spoiled.

We have visited Bali many times over the past 16 years and I don't think I would stay anywhere else. We stayed at 4S Sayan last summer (as my older kids attend camp at The Green School.) It was beautiful and relaxing, but the Jimbaran property has more to offer, especially if you are traveling with children.

We stayed in Villa 246, which had a fabulous view of the ocean, was quiet and was a quick walk to breakfast and the lobby.

Breakfast was delicious every morning and the staff was very attentive. As my little one didn't love the orange juice, they happily brought her a glass of freshly-squeezed that morning and every morning after.

The kids club is included and was great fun. It is right on the beach and next to Sundara, which meant she could be close to me as I enjoyed happy hour at sunset, or she could just pop over there for s'mores. She also loved to feed the fish in the lobby whenever we passed by.

We enjoyed the pool and sunbeds at Sundara both during the day, and in the evening.

We enjoyed Coconut Grove our last couple of days when hubby was around to help with the surfing. It is well-stocked with boogie boards, surfboards, sailboats, and other toys. We had a blast in the surf and appreciated the offering placed on the sailboat before we took it out.

While the property is gorgeous and well-maintained, as always it is the service that stands out at the Four Seasons. Nothing is too much trouble, everyone remembers your name and goes the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect.

Room Tip: Villa 246 was well located and had an amazing view! No complaints!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Fos5

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here as part of a sales incentive work trip - it was a reward for a friend and I accompanied her.
The resort commands a prime position overlooking Jimbaran Bay. The gardens and surrounds are immaculate and lush. Our room (twin share) was not available on check in at 3pm, which was disappointing, and as we didn't want to be right at the back of the resort we chose to wait 2 hours which wasn't a big deal and we were offered some drinks down at Sundara Beach club. After a couple of sweaty hours a buggy arrived and we were shown our villa.

The villas are well laid out and it was a pretty spacious twin share arrangement. Bathrooms are glorious.Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

You must order the full room service breakfast at least one day, it is the most spectacular room service breakfast I have had in a hotel bar none. Tropical fruits, granola, perfect eggs, fresh juice, fresh brewed latte - it was amazing.

On our last night, the air conditioning failed in our room. It was also a massive rain storm, so these two events could have been connected. They had maintenance out and what felt like 10 men trudging in and out of our villa, but the room still didn't cool down, so we had a pretty uncomfortable last night. The Guest Services manager phoned me the next day to apologise and we had one of the nights (that we were due to pay for as extra) comped.

All in all, this is a property in which you are pampered but it happens almost effortlessly. You want for nothing and it is not until leaving (we went to a Villa in Seminyak) that you realise how truly spoilt you were and how Four Seasons service (at this resort anyway) is second to none. While I'm sure other resorts in this price category in Bali might be more "shiny" and trendy, I doubt they'd offer the picturesque gardens nor the polished service.

Room Tip: While we were further back in the resort, we still had harbour glimpses. It is that well designed, I...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is in an absolute class of it's own and just keeps getting better. We stayed for 8 nights this year and again stayed in the ocean view villa. We enjoyed breakfast in the villa each day, meditation classes and lunch each day at the hotel's Sundara beach club. Highly recommend the menu at Sundara, for lunch or pre dinner drinks. Overall, this Four Seasons is absolutely perfect. Michael and his team do an outstanding job to make you feel absolutely at home from the moment you arrive. The service is flawless and incredibly discreet. For example, the pool staff reserve your favourite sunbed each day, always ensuring every need is met and made sure my English husband was always in the shade! Great interiors, excellent facilities... we will back again next year! Thank you Michael, Kenneth, Krisna and team.

Room Tip: Make a booking with Kenneth in the spa for a private meditation class
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simone L
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

It has been a sincere pleasure for us to have you back at the Resort. Thank you for choosing us once again for your holiday.

Feedback from returning guests such as yours is incredibly valuable for us. Therefore I am thrilled to read that your recent stay was just as perfect as the last time. Your words show me that my team delivers exactly what we all dedicate ourselves to: creating beautiful, perfect and long lasting holiday experiences.

It is also great to read that you enjoyed our Sundara beachfront restaurant and your meditation sessions. Our Spa guru Kenneth from India is definitely gifted with the ability to make guests forget all their stress and make them think clearly by putting their minds at ease during one of his mediation sessions. I am happy that you recommend this experience with Kenneth to other guests as it definitely is a must-try during a stay at our Resort.

Thank you for your kind words and, without a doubt, my team will also ensure next time that your husband will not get sunburned in beautiful Bali. We are looking forward to creating another ‘perfect’ Four Seasons experience.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We came from Sayan 4S property to this one. We loved it. Setting amazing, view amazing, food outstanding. I would recommend it and when asking others who have visited Bali numerous time we were told over and over again that this property beats all the competition.

Room Tip: If I had one recommendation, and I pray this doesn't come across wrong, I would ask for a little...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We took our honeymoon to Bali and stayed at both the Four Seasons Resorts at Jimbaran Bay as well as Sayan. We normally don't write reviews but wanted to show our appreciation to Philip Salud, Director of Rooms for helping make our trip one we will never forget. From the first day we arrived Phil made us fell at home and after a few days we felt like we have known him for years. The staff is genuinely the nicest and most sincere people we have ever encountered in our travels, it was a pleasure to talk with them each day. They went above and beyond to make us happy and make our experience memorable. We stayed in a villa at both Jimbaran Bay and Sayan (riverfront view is a must here) and wouldn't do anything differently. Each area has a different feel, with Jimbaran being on the beach and Sayan being in the rainforest, but each made us feel equally special and were relaxed through the full trip. Both areas have incredible facilities and service. We also wanted to give a shout out to Edi at Sayan - who went above and beyond to help us get a special item that will forever make us remember our incredible honeymoon. Thanks again Phil and the incredible staff at both resorts.

We would definitely recommend the resorts and even though it was a far trip being from New York, it is definitely an experience worthwhile.

Room Tip: In Sayan - the riverfront villa's are a must - it cost a little extra but well worth every penny...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for making the long way from New York to spend your special occasion at our two Four Seasons Resorts in Bali.

Just as you mention in your review, our resorts in Bali offer two completely diverse experiences. Therefore I am very happy to read that you enjoyed both equally and that each resort managed to create a beautiful Four Seasons honeymoon experience in its very own way.

I will definitely pass on your words of appreciation to my colleague Philip, who has become quite a legend for us. I am truly grateful for having him on my team and am repeatedly amazed how quickly he manages to make our guests feel at home, often winning their personal friendship.

Congratulations once again from all of us and we hope to welcome you again in the future at our Resorts in Bali, maybe for your anniversary?

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at the hotel and the Villas were fantastic. Typical faultless four Seasons hospitality and what attention to detail they have. We did have a couple of 'cons'. Mainly, Jimbaran bay is a little away from all the action and after Ubud, we did want a little nightlife. It takes around 40 min to get to Seminyak and the traffic is hideous. So for that reason we would not stay here again. However the location is just our personal preference. So the hotel is perfect especially for people who just want to wind down switch off and laze around the pool all day and be pampered like only Four Seasons can. Food and Staff are 5 out of 5. Just the location was a little off for us.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is my first time staying in villa. The villa abit run down. The room & villa door too old. In the day look very cozy, ocean view nice place to rest & relax. But frankly speaking at night abit too remote, very quiet like the surrounding not too safe and many mosquitoes. I found out don't have any cctv along the pathway and corridors. Maybe i'm not used to stay in villa. But overall is a very nice & cozy place to stay.

Just 2 issues need to bring up: about the Sundara restaurant. First, on that night we going for our dinner at Sundara. My wife got hurt on the entrance, she missed the step at the granite floor. The gap in between abit misleading and big. Thought the design is very unqiue and nice but not practical.

Second, the staffs over there look down on chinese. Because during sunset we stayed at the swimming pool swim & sat down at the open terrace. As it was sunset, therefore the sun was very hot. Every table got sun shape umbrella on it. I saw the staff volunteer help the Indonesian & Caucasian adjusted the umbrella to shape the tables and chairs. Thus, i also asked him can help me to adjust also. But he told me the umbrella was spoilt. But it was too hot, i got no choice therefore i go and try myself see can adjust abit. But too my surprise, the umbrella was in good condition, then i ask the guy again. Only then he unwillingly help us to adjust it. I just find this kind of manner not so good.

Anyway the overall service of the hotel is good and the food at Sundara also good.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean front villa
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our Resort. I am very sorry to read that you perceived our villa doors that are designed in traditional Balinese design, as slightly too old. On the other hand I am of course very happy to read that you valued your villa overall as nice and cozy.

We only use CCTV cameras in some areas of our Resort as Four Seasons highly respects the privacy of its guests and also some of our guests prefer to stay completely anonymous during their stay. Please be informed that we have an excellent 24 hours security service in our property which is constantly ensuring the highest level of security for all of our guests.

I would also like to personally assure you that I can guarantee without a doubt that my whole team does not give preference to certain nationalities. I am very sorry that you gained this impression but I am happy to read that you overall enjoyed our delicious Sundara menu and the service.

I would be delighted if we would have another chance in the future to welcome you at our Resort.

Michael Branham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
The St. Regis Bali Resort
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#19 of 148 in Seminyak
The Villas at AYANA Resort

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!