I have much of the same sentiments as others have already posted: Beautifully manicured gardens, beautiful views, lovely pool and beach areas. It is nice and quiet and peaceful. The restaurant is adequate. The food is overpriced and not that good, but it will do if you don't feel like going off site. And the service is terribly slow for both lunch and dinner. Breakfast is included with the room, and it is a buffet. Each day had an egg/omelet bar and various breads and fresh fruits, different meats & potatoes, cereal etc. so it was probably the best food. I don't know why the service is slow, I attribute it to "island time" maybe? The "shacks" on the beach next door were equally as slow, although much better tasting and much less in price. I would recommend going off site to Kuta or somewhere for dinner. We went to Poppies restaurant in Kuta beach one night and the service was exceptional, even for a table of 10. We got our food at a more normal time. The rooms at Keraton were very clean and spacious. You will see a few ants and an occasional "cicak" (lizard) on the wall. But there were hardly any mosquitoes in the room or on the resort at all for that matter. The rooms have a mini fridge and electric tea kettle. I would suggest going to a mini mart or supermarket for beer or drinks and put them in your mini fridge, because it is much cheaper than the hotels prices, although the hotel does say "no outside food or drink" however the party I was with brought their own and didn't try to hide it and no one said anything to us.
As for the wedding, it was very nearly perfect. It was set up right on the beach. There were onlookers, but that was ok. It was a lovely setting, beautiful sunset right in front of us. Dinner was set up on the beach. If we had to do it again, I might have suggested dinner in the garden vs the beach just because it would be less sandy and a little easier to sit down (chairs kind of sunk down in the sand). But my brother brought lanterns that we lit and let off into the sky so it was a good thing we were on the beach.
The beach is clean and waves are fairly calm. It is not overly crowded at the pool or beach, at least not when we were there. There is a swim-up bar but there is not a bartender manning it at all times, you have to request one, and then they don't stay there. It is a little strange.
It is easy to walk outside of the resort and there are a few market stands you can visit or a few restaurants that are within walking distance. It is safe to walk around, just watch out for those cars!
Overall it is a great resort and would definitely stay there again. Highly recommended if you are looking for a beach wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Beachfront Resort by The Sea Keraton Jimbaran Resort & Spa is an elegant beachfront property that honours Bali's cultural and artistic legacy with a collection of 102 guest rooms and private villas. The property is set within a mature tropical garden and has direct access to the pristine white sands of Jimbaran Bay. It is a place where travellers can truly unwind in an exotic setting that is considerably removed from the trappings of mainstream tourism. Keraton Jimbaran Resort & Spa celebrates living life to the fullest and taking each new day simply as it comes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Prestigia, Odigeo and Ctrip TA so you can book your Keraton Jimbaran Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keraton Jimbaran Hotel Jimbaran
- Keraton Hotel Jimbaran
- Keraton Jimbaran Beach Resort Bali